Orlando City SC Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Re: Orlando City SC Discussion Thread 

Post#601 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Jul 9, 2016 6:42 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:Orlando City/Houston game ends in a no score draw. That was pretty boring.

Unfortunately the team is lacking talent and with Kaka injured alot, I dont care what coach you bring in they are going to struggle. Now if Heath was the main guy making player personnel moves then he deserves a lot of blame. But the talent is clearly lacking, while we have some nice pieces, the overall talent depth of team team is poor and inexperienced. The defenders are atrocious, and the play-making and finishing is awful. Hou was very tired last night, prob due to the heat, and if Orlando City had a semblance of finishing quality they would have won this game easily.

We have Rochez taking a valuable international spot but has has not done anything, except for 3 or 4 goals late last year. This year has been a total and complete failure as he cant even get called to the main team. I get the sense that he is naive and not ready mentally for this level of play and is not accustomed to living in the states and fitting in. Shame because he is very talented.

Nocerino was been a complete and utter failure. The few times he has played he played selfish and very disjointed. He has not played good at all, he has shown no quality whatsoever. I wasen't expecting spectacular results but atleast good veteran presence, but he has given us nothing at all. He has been so bad that even the coaches don't even play anymore. What a failure and disaster he has been. What a waste of money and space.

I am really worried that this Brazilian owner is going to try to cut corners to get results right away and put a bunch of Brazilian guys in charge that are too impulsive and makes changes just to make changes. I don't think they should run an MLS team in the states like the run teams in Brazil. You cant say run a team with the lets do it and worry about it later attitude.
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#602 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Jul 9, 2016 6:48 pm

in-limbo wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:Adrian Heath has been released as Head Coach.

:( What is everyone else opinion on this?

I was worried this would happen. My stadium friends are in a wait and see mode but it does seem like the wrong guy is running the team. That said, It seems like there were a number of chances given and some close calls in the past. At one point they chose between the guy from Benefica and Adrian, I believe that's what happened anyway. Sounds like our boy Inchy was in some ways like Skiles, relationship problems and not relating to young guys. In the end a change may have been needed but It was a tough blow to take, no one cared more than Adrian.

The players did there part to get him fired. Late draws and losses from loss of focus and guys who can't stay on the field is the bigger problem IMO. They could have saved him for a more gracious exit but they just blew it.

Flavio is currently running the team, that's no good. I think it came to be around the time he decided to buy the stadium. He did say he would be more active and I think he really meant it. Thanks for Nocerino, really.

Phil says this a watershed moment, he's right. This is a club that needs to find itself again.

Its really worrisome they hired this guy from Portugal out of nowhere to be GM and they never even had a press conference or nothing to introduce him, the old GM is demoted then quits, then the assistant coach gets fired all the sudden, the new GM leaves less than a month with no explanation whatsoever, assistant coach comes back. Its been worrisome. I get a feeling Silva is going to run this team like the Rio Olympics, I hope not.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#603 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:19 am

1-0 Red Bulls, horrible defense by our back line on a set piece by NY. Is Kaka ever healthy? He is rarely on the field.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Re: Re: Orlando City SC Discussion Thread 

Post#604 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:00 am

Nemesis21 wrote:1-0 Red Bulls, horrible defense by our back line on a set piece by NY. Is Kaka ever healthy? He is rarely on the field.

This team is falling apart. Defense is so bad they try to defend too much and now they cant shot on goal. Its becoming a disaster.

Kaka doesn't play anymore and Nocerino is invisible.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#605 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:33 am

This is embarrassing. Team is in dire need of talent.

T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie
And1: 349

Post#606 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:41 am

The back line is in shambles. Brek Shea-Overpay (595K), Nocerino (650K), Rochez (380K around). That's an awful way to spend 1.5-1.6 Million Dollars. They all are subpar
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#607 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:56 pm

T-DOT KEEZY wrote:The back line is in shambles. Brek Shea-Overpay (595K), Nocerino (650K), Rochez (380K around). That's an awful way to spend 1.5-1.6 Million Dollars. They all are subpar

Shea was good last year but awful this year. Nocerino is essentially committing fraud by stealing money for nothing. Rochez has been MIA, does he even exist? All turned into very poor decisions.

T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie

Post#608 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:55 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:The back line is in shambles. Brek Shea-Overpay (595K), Nocerino (650K), Rochez (380K around). That's an awful way to spend 1.5-1.6 Million Dollars. They all are subpar

Shea was good last year but awful this year. Nocerino is essentially committing fraud by stealing money for nothing. Rochez has been MIA, does he even exist? All turned into very poor decisions.

Rochez in playing on OCB Squad and barely ever scores (which is telling).

Shea really is more of a Mid-Fielder than Defender and Nocerino really is committing fraud.

Noce just might be the slowest man in the entire MLS....hahah...he moves like his cleats are made of cinder blocks
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#609 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:28 pm

T-DOT KEEZY wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:

Shea really is more of a Mid-Fielder than Defender and Nocerino really is committing fraud.

Noce just might be the slowest man in the entire MLS....hahah...he moves like his cleats are made of cinder blocks

I knew Rochez was a dud when he got stuck in New Zealand for like 2 months last year for not having the proper paper work when his national team went to play over there. Just shows he doesn't have his s*** together. He did score like 4 goals for us late last year but he has done s*** for the B team. He should be dominating that league but he doesn't have the right mentality. What a complete waste.
T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie

Post#610 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:59 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:Shea was good last year but awful this year. Nocerino is essentially committing fraud by stealing money for nothing. Rochez has been MIA, does he even exist? All turned into very poor decisions.

I knew Rochez was a dud when he got stuck in New Zealand for like 2 months last year for not having the proper paper work when his national team went to play over there. Just shows he doesn't have his s*** together. He did score like 4 goals for us late last year but he has done s*** for the B team. He should be dominating that league but he doesn't have the right mentality. What a complete waste.

If I am not mistaken he is married and has a young family at home in Honduras. Adrian Heath mentioned that the distance was weighing on Rochez last year. That said his play has been poor and his salary very high....which is not excusable. I think regarding the paperwork his agent or team administrators for the national team should have been on top of his paperwork. Usually the administrators handle all that stuff.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#611 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:24 am

The Beast puts us up 1-0 in the 14th minute!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#612 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:25 am

Should of won that game but we don't have the talent to take care of opportunities due to weak defending and turnovers.

in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#613 » by in-limbo » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:24 pm

We looked much better last night. Their keeper made 2 pretty good saves but the penalty from Julio was a killer.

The good news is, Rivas is gone. The bad news is we still have Nocerino . Flavio just tweeted that "the best is yet to come", I'm betting with a couple slots open we will see some relief come to our defense soon. I'm thinking next week will be pretty eventful.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#614 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:39 am

We should stick with that starting lineup.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#615 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:05 pm

in-limbo wrote:We looked much better last night. Their keeper made 2 pretty good saves but the penalty from Julio was a killer.

The good news is, Rivas is gone. The bad news is we still have Nocerino . Flavio just tweeted that "the best is yet to come", I'm betting with a couple slots open we will see some relief come to our defense soon. I'm thinking next week will be pretty eventful.

What u mean Rivas is gone?
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#616 » by UCF » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:49 pm

Rumor has it Larin is the one who will be transferred. One site mentioned a 10 million dollar fee.
in-limbo
Sixth Man

Post#617 » by in-limbo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:48 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
in-limbo wrote:We looked much better last night. Their keeper made 2 pretty good saves but the penalty from Julio was a killer. talks.

What u mean Rivas is gone?

It was reported on the supporter's site, I thought we might hear something today. Word is he will go to Benefica, soon I think. In other news it looks like the Lions are gonna pull off a similar coaching move to the Magic, Kries in advanced contract talks. I love me some "Inchy" but this would be a good hire.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#618 » by UCF » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:45 pm

Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#619 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:47 am

Orlando City and Columbus Crew finish at a 2-2 draw.
in-limbo
Sixth Man

Post#620 » by in-limbo » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:36 pm

A good result on Sunday would be just in time, we can pull even with the Revs for the last playoff spot with a win.

We could still make some noise this year. Kaka' said we will make the playoffs, I think if he stays healthy we will. It was obvious as day the difference he makes when he entered last week. Every player on the field was lifted up when he entered and in 15 minutes we equalized and damn near won the game. He's an outright difference maker when healthy.

My hope for Jose Aja is probably not realistic but I'm praying he can help us back there. It would be huge if he can get up to speed quickly.

I guess Rivas got a new lease on life. I liked Rochez better than Rivas although Rivas has serious weaponry. It doesn't matter how much leg you have if you can't put it on goal, Rochez looked infinitely more comfortable in front of the goal. He has fallen off this year but it's not a skill thing, he has plenty of that. I like watching him play but it seems he needs a shaking or something.

I'm legit gonna miss Cyle Larin. January is better than mid season at least. Of course it would be great if he could stay but he is destined for greater things. Hopefully he and Winter can find there way back again someday.

Return to Major League Soccer