Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, LittleOzzy

User avatar
LittleOzzy
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,735
And1: 3,942
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
       

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#21 » by LittleOzzy » Mon May 4, 2015 2:05 pm

Chamberlainship wrote:^Yeah, well, that didn't work out too good. It's getting late pretty early for the Union.


Yeah, sadly it looks like the Union are done for this season.

Maybe they should shift focus are try to win the US Open Cup.
User avatar
Chamberlainship
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,686
And1: 213
Joined: Jun 12, 2012

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#22 » by Chamberlainship » Tue May 5, 2015 7:41 pm

Getting some hardware for Chester would be nice. Came close last year.
User avatar
LittleOzzy
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,735
And1: 3,942
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
       

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#23 » by LittleOzzy » Sat May 30, 2015 4:36 pm

Chamberlainship wrote:Getting some hardware for Chester would be nice. Came close last year.


Think they can get back into the Playoff picture tonight? Looks like we both wrote them off too early.

Image
D.C. UNITED vs PHILADELPHIA UNION
RFK STADIUM, Washington, D.C.
May 30, 2015 (WEEK 13, MLS Game #128)
7 p.m. ET (MLS LIVE)
User avatar
Chamberlainship
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,686
And1: 213
Joined: Jun 12, 2012

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#24 » by Chamberlainship » Sun May 31, 2015 10:14 am

^it's a long season. Anything is possible. I'm hoping they turn it around, but they've got a ways to go.

Last night's loss in DC was brutal. With DC United conceding faster than a Jordanian prince, I thought we had a chance for at least a point. The penalty kick call on Pfeffer was so harsh. No intent and little if any advantage gained. Those probably aren't the standards but you hate to see a play like that decide a match.
User avatar
LittleOzzy
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,735
And1: 3,942
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
       

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#25 » by LittleOzzy » Sun May 31, 2015 6:36 pm

Chamberlainship wrote:
Last night's loss in DC was brutal. With DC United conceding faster than a Jordanian prince


Ha! Love that line.
User avatar
Chamberlainship
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,686
And1: 213
Joined: Jun 12, 2012

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#26 » by Chamberlainship » Fri Jun 5, 2015 12:57 am

Supporters shield here we come! Well maybe not, but still it's good to see they've got the ship righted and can salvage a decent season.

Mark Zumoff did a good job calling the game. He's the sixers announcer. He's still finding his way in soccer, but I know he can do it with his attention to detail. He needs to come up with some quality soccer catch phrases like he has for basketball.
User avatar
LittleOzzy
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,735
And1: 3,942
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
       

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#27 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Jun 8, 2015 4:36 pm

Chamberlainship wrote:Supporters shield here we come! Well maybe not, but still it's good to see they've got the ship righted and can salvage a decent season.

Mark Zumoff did a good job calling the game. He's the sixers announcer. He's still finding his way in soccer, but I know he can do it with his attention to detail. He needs to come up with some quality soccer catch phrases like he has for basketball.


Another tough loss to NYCFC this weekend.

Chicago and Montreal will both pass Philadelphia in the standings soon enough.
User avatar
truth18
RealGM
Posts: 25,071
And1: 16,769
Joined: Apr 17, 2011
Location: Amorica
         

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#28 » by truth18 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:00 pm

I feel bad for the Union. City really embraces the team (I see way more Union kits than Sixers jerseys in my day to day life). Fans are great every time I go see the Revs play there. Just a shame the management has been so poor.
Image
"The voice was chanting, as the fog was lifting;
this land was made for you and me."

—Woody Guthrie
User avatar
LittleOzzy
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,735
And1: 3,942
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
       

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#29 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:52 pm

Image
PHILADELPHIA UNION vs SEATTLE SOUNDERS
PPL PARK, Chester, Pa.
June 24, 2015 (WEEK 17, MLS Game #160)
7 p.m. ET (MLS LIVE)


Huge game tonight for the Union. Can they push for the playoffs in this East?
User avatar
Chamberlainship
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,686
And1: 213
Joined: Jun 12, 2012

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#30 » by Chamberlainship » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:01 am

^Big win tonight (even if Seattle was short handed.) Zumoff finding his stride as a soccer announcer.
User avatar
LittleOzzy
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,735
And1: 3,942
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
       

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#31 » by LittleOzzy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:19 am

Chamberlainship wrote:^Big win tonight (even if Seattle was short handed.) Zumoff finding his stride as a soccer announcer.


Still an impressive win against top competition.

Also makes the East playoff race even tighter.
User avatar
LittleOzzy
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,735
And1: 3,942
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
       

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#32 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:44 pm

Image
MONTREAL IMPACT vs. PHILADELPHIA UNION
STADE SAPUTO, Montreal, Quèbec
August 22, 2015 (WEEK 25, MLS Game #251)
8 p.m. ET (MLS LIVE)


Didier Drogba will make his Major League Soccer debut tonight, that's reason enough to watch this game.
User avatar
GoSixersBro
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,865
And1: 746
Joined: May 26, 2010
   

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#33 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:36 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:Image
MONTREAL IMPACT vs. PHILADELPHIA UNION
STADE SAPUTO, Montreal, Quèbec
August 22, 2015 (WEEK 25, MLS Game #251)
8 p.m. ET (MLS LIVE)


Didier Drogba will make his Major League Soccer debut tonight, that's reason enough to watch this game.


Big 3 points for the Union last night. Le Toux delivers the winner late. That's 4 goals in the last 5 games for him I believe. Drogba had me nervous towards the end. He was definitely getting the calls last night and embellishing but that should have been expected.

I was at last weekend's 3-3 thriller versus Chicago where Le Toux delivered in the 90' to take the lead but the Fire got one in stoppage time which maybe should have been called back due to a hand ball. We're not looking like a playoff team this season, but the games are still a ton of fun to go down to.
User avatar
LittleOzzy
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,735
And1: 3,942
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
       

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#34 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:05 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:Image
MONTREAL IMPACT vs. PHILADELPHIA UNION
STADE SAPUTO, Montreal, Quèbec
August 22, 2015 (WEEK 25, MLS Game #251)
8 p.m. ET (MLS LIVE)


Didier Drogba will make his Major League Soccer debut tonight, that's reason enough to watch this game.


Big 3 points for the Union last night. Le Toux delivers the winner late. That's 4 goals in the last 5 games for him I believe. Drogba had me nervous towards the end. He was definitely getting the calls last night and embellishing but that should have been expected.

I was at last weekend's 3-3 thriller versus Chicago where Le Toux delivered in the 90' to take the lead but the Fire got one in stoppage time which maybe should have been called back due to a hand ball. We're not looking like a playoff team this season, but the games are still a ton of fun to go down to.


Well I'm glad you are still finding good reasons to watch the team. It's clearly a down year for the Union, but they have some good players to move forward with as they rebuild. Oddly enough, they could also win the US Open Cup which will mean more meaningful games to look forward to.
User avatar
truth18
RealGM
Posts: 25,071
And1: 16,769
Joined: Apr 17, 2011
Location: Amorica
         

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#35 » by truth18 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Anyone else going to the Revs game?
Image
"The voice was chanting, as the fog was lifting;
this land was made for you and me."

—Woody Guthrie
User avatar
GoSixersBro
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,865
And1: 746
Joined: May 26, 2010
   

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#36 » by GoSixersBro » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:34 pm

truth18 wrote:Anyone else going to the Revs game?


Probably will just catch it on TV. I am looking for tickets to the Open Final however.
User avatar
LittleOzzy
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,735
And1: 3,942
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
       

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#37 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:37 pm

Image
PHILADELPHIA UNION vs. NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION
PPL PARK, Chester, Pa.
August 29, 2015 (WEEK 26, MLS Game #261)
7 pm ET (The Comcast Network, CSN New England; MLS LIVE)


Can Philadelphia continue to play spoiler to the teams above them in the standings?
User avatar
GoSixersBro
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,865
And1: 746
Joined: May 26, 2010
   

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#38 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:03 pm

What a waste of an opportunity to jump back into the playoff hunt last night. Guess we can just focus on the open final and better luck in 2016.
User avatar
truth18
RealGM
Posts: 25,071
And1: 16,769
Joined: Apr 17, 2011
Location: Amorica
         

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#39 » by truth18 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:03 pm

Best of luck against SKC tonight. Pitch is probably awful with this slick rain we had unfortunately. Wish I had remembered this game was going on tonight so I could have bought tickets.
Image
"The voice was chanting, as the fog was lifting;
this land was made for you and me."

—Woody Guthrie
User avatar
truth18
RealGM
Posts: 25,071
And1: 16,769
Joined: Apr 17, 2011
Location: Amorica
         

Re: Philadelphia Union Discussion Thread 

Post#40 » by truth18 » Thu Oct 1, 2015 1:55 am

Jesus christ. Heartbreaking loss for the Union. Their fans just look shocked.

More sports horror for this city, christ.

One of the best MLS games I've ever seen though. Was legit entertaining all the way through.
Image
"The voice was chanting, as the fog was lifting;
this land was made for you and me."

—Woody Guthrie

Return to Major League Soccer