Toronto FC Discussion Thread II

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Re: Toronto FC Discussion Thread II 

Post#61 » by LittleOzzy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:31 pm

A bye week, just to lose our top players next week due to International commitments.

MLS needs to start recognizing FIFA dates.
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer
And1: 199

Post#62 » by edfmx86 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:29 am

Same with us. We're losing Rimando, Saborio, Gil and Vasquez. Its blowing my mind right now what the point of our bye was. Its definitely watering down the game. Luckily, you guys are keeping Giovinco
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#63 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:15 am

edfmx86 wrote:Same with us. We're losing Rimando, Saborio, Gil and Vasquez. Its blowing my mind right now what the point of our bye was. Its definitely watering down the game. Luckily, you guys are keeping Giovinco

MLS is losing 58 players this go around because of internal duty.

If they want to be taken seriously, they need to start respecting FIFA dates.
Brew666
Junior
And1: 22

Post#64 » by Brew666 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Somehow Morrow's suspension is upheld. One commenter on MLS said that the PRO's [Pro Refs Org] decision overrides the US and Canadian soccer association's votes and it was actually voted 2-1 to rescind the card. If there is any truth to this it just seems like PRO is playing politics and getting behind Ganter on a bad call.

I'll still be watching the game on Sunday but frustrating week for TFC and their fans.
Brew666
Junior
And1: 22

Post#65 » by Brew666 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:04 pm

^
Quickly looked up the rules and PRO doesn't overrule the other two votes but if the vote is not unanimous than the default is to uphold the call on the play. Doesn't make the situation any better as PRO backed the wrong call
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:56 pm

Brew666 wrote:^
Quickly looked up the rules and PRO doesn't overrule the other two votes but if the vote is not unanimous than the default is to uphold the call on the play. Doesn't make the situation any better as PRO backed the wrong call

It was a terrible call, made even more terrible considering a bunch of "experts" couldn't come to the same conclusion of overrule it.
Canada_7
General Manager
And1: 2,486

Post#67 » by Canada_7 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:11 am

Don't really watch TFC, but I gotta say, nice shot by TFC at Defoe in their new ad on TSN. Shutting down the London double decker, Bradley turning off the TV about any reminders about "a bloody big deal" or reminders of last season before promo of players for this season.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by LittleOzzy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:46 pm

Game time, 7pm. Sportsnet 1.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#69 » by Bankai » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:12 pm

Canada_7 wrote:Don't really watch TFC, but I gotta say, nice shot by TFC at Defoe in their new ad on TSN. Shutting down the London double decker, Bradley turning off the TV about any reminders about "a bloody big deal" or reminders of last season before promo of players for this season.

True it was a bad way for Defoe to go out, but that shows you the power Tim Leiweke as a person has. Defoe and his agent specifically said the only reason they moved here was because of Tim, and now that he is leaving, they lost their anchor to remain here.
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,864

Post#70 » by TheSamMitchell » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Giovinco has a lot of pressure on him to score this game. Let's see how that plays out.
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,005

Toronto FC Discussion Thread II 

Post#71 » by mieshpal » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:54 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:A bye week, just to lose our top players next week due to International commitments.

Ya, very amateur scheduling by the league. The league should shutdown during international competition.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by LittleOzzy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:00 pm

TheSamMitchell wrote:Giovinco has a lot of pressure on him to score this game. Let's see how that plays out.

I agree.

This has to be the game he scores. He'll be the main focus today.

So in the long run I would be happy with a couple of assists too, since he'll likely be smothered every time he touches the ball.
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,179

Post#73 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:28 pm

Giovinco never really panned out in Serie A or with Juve. Hoping he does well here in the MLS. The league is not as physical as Serie A and not as fast, two things that are really gonna help him out.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,376

Post#74 » by ForeverTFC » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:52 pm

-TheDocOfDenial wrote:Giovinco never really panned out in Serie A or with Juve. Hoping he does well here in the MLS. The league is not as physical as Serie A and not as fast, two things that are really gonna help him out.

I wouldn't say he didn't pan out in Serie A; he did pretty well at Parma.

Things just never worked out at Juve - they never really played to his strengths, he wasn't finishing as best as he could, and it was all compounded by the 'Del Piero successor' tag and pressure he carried his whole time there.

I still think Conte believes in him, and if he can get on form this year and dominate like he's capable of, a call up to the NT isn't out of the question.

BTW, MLS is one of the more physical leagues in the world.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#75 » by Bankai » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:10 pm

MLS doesent have the skill but it makes up for it with dirty play. And I mean physical play, not the sissy flopping you see in South American leagues.
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:18 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
-TheDocOfDenial wrote:Giovinco never really panned out in Serie A or with Juve. Hoping he does well here in the MLS. The league is not as physical as Serie A and not as fast, two things that are really gonna help him out.

I wouldn't say he didn't pan out in Serie A; he did pretty well at Parma.

Things just never worked out at Juve - they never really played to his strengths, he wasn't finishing as best as he could, and it was all compounded by the 'Del Piero successor' tag and pressure he carried his whole time there.

I still think Conte believes in him, and if he can get on form this year and dominate like he's capable of, a call up to the NT isn't out of the question.

BTW, MLS is one of the more physical leagues in the world.

MLS might be physical, but it is not as physical as Serie A or the EPL. Hoping he does well for TFC because I finally want them to make the playoffs. Conte drove Juve fans mad with his fetish for Giovinco lol and I will not be surprised to see him get called to the NT.
ForeverTFC
RealGM

Post#77 » by ForeverTFC » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:55 pm

mieshpal wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:A bye week, just to lose our top players next week due to International commitments.

Ya, very amateur scheduling by the league. The league should shutdown during international competition.

I wonder what the MLS will do in 2022 with the World Cup taking place in Nov-Dec. That's right in the playoffs and MLS Cup Finals.
ForeverTFC
RealGM

Post#78 » by ForeverTFC » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:05 pm

Morgan/Simonin/Hagglund/Creavalle in the back.

Yikes.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,108

Post#79 » by magik9113 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:42 pm

pretty bad game to watch so far
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:54 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
mieshpal wrote:

I wonder what the MLS will do in 2022 with the World Cup taking place in Nov-Dec. That's right in the playoffs and MLS Cup Finals.

Hopefully by 2020 the league would have grown enough and has enough talent to recognize that they nees to fix their schedule.

Return to Major League Soccer