Toronto FC Discussion Thread II

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,864

Re: Toronto FC Discussion Thread II 

Post#161 » by TheSamMitchell » Tue May 12, 2015 4:24 pm

Lord_Zedd wrote:
I was in Calgary last week and in the red mile, you see a bunch of drunk fans saying the same thing on air. It's annoying but I don't think it deserves a top story here

Looks like MLSE is trying to step in to

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CityNews/status/598145659959664640[/tweet]

Also heard that the social media cronies identified one of the guys saying it on the air, that guy quickly took down his facebook account

I doubt they find the ONE guy who actually said it. After that TFC performance they won't have to worry about fans coming to the games.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,363

Post#162 » by Hero » Tue May 12, 2015 4:48 pm

It's really immature and pathetic that they somehow think saying that is amusing. It's good on the reporter to stand up for herself.
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer

Post#163 » by TheSamMitchell » Tue May 12, 2015 6:48 pm

Hero wrote:It's really immature and pathetic that they somehow think saying that is amusing. It's good on the reporter to stand up for herself.

Yeah she singled out a few guys that did nothing wrong while the guy who actually said ***** gets away. She asked for their opinions and they told her.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#164 » by truth18 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:53 pm

TheSamMitchell wrote:
Hero wrote:It's really immature and pathetic that they somehow think saying that is amusing. It's good on the reporter to stand up for herself.

Yeah she singled out a few guys that did nothing wrong while the guy who actually said ***** gets away. She asked for their opinions and they told her.

Huh? Did you not watch the video? Those guys were also being dicks.
YOU LOSE
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer

Post#165 » by TheSamMitchell » Tue May 12, 2015 7:02 pm

truth18 wrote:
TheSamMitchell wrote:

Yeah, she's totally not being a dick herself. She totally blows off the guys she was interviewing because a hotter story presented itself.

I don't know about you, but if I'm in the middle of a conversation with some friends and some random lady runs up on us with an aggressive tone, I'm not going to be nice. I'm probably gonna be a dick.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#166 » by LittleOzzy » Tue May 12, 2015 7:05 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:No one is talking about the home opener, but everyone is talking about what happened after...

Citytv reporter does great takedown of vulgar dudes

A short video clip from Citytv reporter Shauna Hunt has generated tons of buzz since it was posted on Twitter last night. In it, Hunt challenges an infantile group of men after they shout the bafflingly popular "f**k her right in the p**sy" into her microphone in the midst of an interview with soccer fans outside BMO Field.

At first it looks like she's going to ignore the immature act of sabotage, but the chance to hold these dudes accountable ultimately proves too seductive. "It's a disgusting thing to say...it's degrading to women," she firmly explains to them.

This response is refreshing partially because it puts the cat callers into the awkward position of having to justify their actions, which they completely fail to do (what a surprise). "Are you actually filming this?" is about the most articulate thing any of them can muster. Well done, guys.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKkAL1AEam8[/youtube]

What do you think of this story? The men involved if identified will be banned from all MLSE properties for at least a year.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/680News/status/598198743696089090[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/598200613361557505[/tweet]

One of the men in the video has now lost their job.
truth18
RealGM

Post#167 » by truth18 » Tue May 12, 2015 7:06 pm

I'm not, I'd probably just explain I'm not an ass like that guy was and I don't find his comments amusing. I get why the guy in sunglasses was caught off guard, but his friend in the yellow shirt kept repeating "it's funny, it's funny".

It's really not, and on top of things, it's pretty sexist.
YOU LOSE
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#168 » by OakleyDokely » Tue May 12, 2015 8:19 pm

TFC fan gets fired.
Casey keeps his job.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,125

Post#169 » by duppyy » Tue May 12, 2015 10:46 pm

I don't think it warrants getting fired from his Job. People are overly sensitive these days.
Raps Maniac
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,805

Post#170 » by Raps Maniac » Tue May 12, 2015 10:49 pm

Manufactured outrage form a hyper-sensitive society. What else is new?
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer

Post#171 » by TheSamMitchell » Tue May 12, 2015 11:58 pm

duppyy wrote:I don't think it warrants getting fired from his Job. People are overly sensitive these days.

We've all done things that we hope no one ever sees (which would get us fired from our jobs). The media/people of Toronto need to get of the high horse. The reporter clearly constructed this story to get views/fame. Probably has U.S. aspirations. What upsets is that she didn't even go after the guy that said it, she just singled out some guys who were laughing.
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#172 » by Mattd97 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:12 am

TheSamMitchell wrote:
truth18 wrote:
TheSamMitchell wrote:

Yeah, she's totally not being a dick herself. She totally blows off the guys she was interviewing because a hotter story presented itself.

I don't know about you, but if I'm in the middle of a conversation with some friends and some random lady runs up on us with an aggressive tone, I'm not going to be nice. I'm probably gonna be a dick.

that means youre probably a dick

TheSamMitchell wrote:
duppyy wrote:I don't think it warrants getting fired from his Job. People are overly sensitive these days.

We've all done things that we hope no one ever sees (which would get us fired from our jobs). The media/people of Toronto need to get of the high horse. The reporter clearly constructed this story to get views/fame. Probably has U.S. aspirations. What upsets is that she didn't even go after the guy that said it, she just singled out some guys who were laughing.

thats cause we dont continue to do it on tv being asked why we do it, and defending it
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer

Post#173 » by TheSamMitchell » Wed May 13, 2015 12:49 am

Mattd97 wrote:
TheSamMitchell wrote:
truth18 wrote:

Or...I'm just your average guy who doesn't like to be harrassed in the middle of a conversation

For the majority of the segment, they didn't know they were being filmed. Very unethical on the part of the reporter. She probably didn't even ask for permission to use them on TV.
truth18
RealGM

Post#174 » by truth18 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:52 am

Slightly OT but what are "U.S. aspirations"?

Is this a Canadian term I'm not familiar with? Confused.
YOU LOSE
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by LittleOzzy » Wed May 13, 2015 1:04 am

truth18 wrote:Slightly OT but what are "U.S. aspirations"?

Is this a Canadian term I'm not familiar with? Confused.

Means wanting to go to a bigger media outlet.

For example some journalists use Canadian TV networks or Newspapers to move to bigger US TV networks and newspapers.
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#176 » by Mattd97 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:36 pm

TheSamMitchell wrote:
Mattd97 wrote:
TheSamMitchell wrote:

Or...I'm just your average guy who doesn't like to be harrassed in the middle of a conversation

For the majority of the segment, they didn't know they were being filmed. Very unethical on the part of the reporter. She probably didn't even ask for permission to use them on TV.

literally you're standing beside a person doing their job, laughing at someone harassing them and interfering with that, then when they confront you about why youre laughing at that you're a dick to them? thats not an average guy - thats a dick. kind've the definition of a dick actually.
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer

Post#177 » by TheSamMitchell » Wed May 13, 2015 3:43 pm

Mattd97 wrote:
TheSamMitchell wrote:
Mattd97 wrote:

literally you're standing beside a person doing their job, laughing at someone harassing them and interfering with that, then when they confront you about why youre laughing at that you're a dick to them? thats not an average guy - thats a dick. kind've the definition of a dick actually.

The joke is played out, but I guarantee if someone came out of nowhere and said ********* right in front of you, most people would start laughing. Even the guys originally being interviewed (who should be appalled) started laughing. It's a natural reaction when someone does something that stupid.

If some rude reporter then starts harassing me because I laughed, I would probably be rude myself because it is so obvious why I am laughing.
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer

Post#178 » by TheSamMitchell » Sat May 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Yes!!! No Bendik, we have a chance of winning.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#179 » by LittleOzzy » Sun May 17, 2015 12:12 am

Jozy subbed off hurt, and we are down 1-0 before the half.

That sounds about right.
truth18
RealGM

Post#180 » by truth18 » Sun May 17, 2015 12:24 am

Damm, season is off to a rough start. Sorry about Jozy.
YOU LOSE

Return to Major League Soccer