Euroleague Game Thread

Moderator: THE J0KER

aporel18
Senior
And1: 282

Re: Euroleague Game Thread 

Post#41 » by aporel18 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:05 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
aceking79 wrote:46 on Efes today. Impressive!

That team is ridiculous. Bourousis finally delivered for my fantasy challenge as well. Real are so deep, they were using him as a fouling post stopper prior, ala Jason Collins :oops:

Well, if you're on the same team with great offensive players like Rudy, Sergio, Llull, Carroll or Mirotic it's not easy to get shots. But the really special thing is how good they're this year on defense. Last year they had all those shooters, and they were quite good on the boards, but this year they're shutting down the opposition. Credit Slaughter, Draper, but also Mirotic, Carroll(!) and Bourousis.

Right now, they have a big advantage on teams like Barcelona or Fenerbahce, still trying to build chemistry, or CSKA with a struggling Messina, in that they're a real team in their 3rd year together with Coach Laso. As the season advances, things will even up, but right now they're beasting on the ACB and Euroleague.

The scary though is, Bourousis is still clicking with the team. He's a quality player and a veteran pro, so he's got it very quickly, but he has good room for improvement. And Dani Díez and Mejri are still very raw, those blowouts allow Coach Laso to give them some minutes and if they can improve their game and contribute that team will be even better by February.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,545

Post#42 » by UcanUwill » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:52 pm

aporel18 wrote:
Well, if you're on the same team with great offensive players like Rudy, Sergio, Llull, Carroll or Mirotic it's not easy to get shots.

Bou is all skill, and he is the best rebounder in Europe, he doesn't need many shots to be effective. But you know, that team is so damn deep, they can allow themselves experiment like that, put a star big in a 10 minute trash role, and don't miss a thing. Its quite astonishing.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,475

Post#43 » by Mirotic12 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:09 am

2017 EuroLeague Final Four semifinals are today.

The first semifinal is

CSKA Moscow versus Olympiacos Piraeus

The second semifinal is

Real Madrid versus Fenerbahce Istanbul
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#44 » by burek3 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:06 pm

CSKA 70%
Real 50%

imo
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
BoardCrusher
Junior
And1: 319

Post#45 » by BoardCrusher » Fri May 19, 2017 2:39 pm

I will not make any predictions, but I hope RM wins as I like their style of BBall the most plus im a big supporter of Doncic.

Did a small bet of 100 eur, CSKA win + Doncic scores more then 6.5 pts. Will see how it goes :)
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#46 » by UcanUwill » Fri May 19, 2017 4:36 pm

BoardCrusher wrote:I will not make any predictions, but I hope RM wins as I like their style of BBall the most plus im a big supporter of Doncic.

Did a small bet of 100 eur, CSKA win + Doncic scores more then 6.5 pts. Will see how it goes :)

Thats a damn good bet. Wanted to put some on CSKA as well, but I really hate cheering for that team, so I did nothing. Kinda regret not putting something on Real win. We will see how it goes.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,733

Post#47 » by yannisk » Fri May 19, 2017 6:31 pm

Olympiakos as usual beat CSKA in the semifinal

It is the fourth time now in the last five years
BoardCrusher
Junior
And1: 319

Post#48 » by BoardCrusher » Fri May 19, 2017 7:22 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
BoardCrusher wrote:I will not make any predictions, but I hope RM wins as I like their style of BBall the most plus im a big supporter of Doncic.

Thats a damn good bet. Wanted to put some on CSKA as well, but I really hate cheering for that team, so I did nothing. Kinda regret not putting something on Real win. We will see how it goes.

well bet didnt go to well, kinda unreal CSKA stoped playing after they dominated for 3 quarters
Gibson22
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#49 » by Gibson22 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:53 pm

DONCIC WHAT ARE YOU DOING
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#50 » by UcanUwill » Sun May 21, 2017 10:58 am

Turned out to be a bad bet after all. I am taking a huge gamble and betting on Olympiacos today (3.5).
burek3
Pro Prospect

Post#51 » by burek3 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Boy, was I wrong. Real looked so helpless it was almost embarrassing to watch. It was Real 20% at best. Doncic collapsed under pressure. Loss is totally on Lasso's back.

Surprised by CSKA. DeDosic double choke, very weird game. But hats off to OLY for the fight.

---------------
Finals:
FNB 80%

3rd:
CSKA 60%

I wish Doncic would rebound mentally, he didn't deserve this after such a good season. He's a good kid, but he is very impressionable, not so much by the public or media, he is doing the most damage to himself, expecting too much in terms of things that just take time and cannot be forced.
- DeAndre Jordan
burek3
Pro Prospect

Post#52 » by burek3 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Wow, yet another game where Real played like elementary schoolgirls O_o

At this rate, they have about 15% to be home league champs even.
- DeAndre Jordan
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,341

Post#53 » by baldur » Sun May 21, 2017 7:50 pm

congratulations to Fenerbahce. flawless post-season performance.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#54 » by Kings2013 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Bogdanovic, I eagerly anticipate his pro career
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,475

Post#55 » by Mirotic12 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Kings2013 wrote:Bogdanovic, I eagerly anticipate his pro career

He's already started his pro career. What do you mean? Or are you saying leagues like Turkish League and EuroLeague are not professional?

Anyway, EuroLeague must stop making home teams at Final Fours - either that or the final four must go. It was ridiculous in 2015 with Real at home and again this time.

None of the other teams stood any chance at all in 2 of the last 3 final fours, playing against home teams. EuroLeague really needs to cut that out, or the final four is going to totally lose any luster it once had. Both of those semifinals and finals in 2015 and this year that involved the home teams were almost impossible to watch, they were so one-sided.
baldur
RealGM

Post#56 » by baldur » Mon May 22, 2017 2:06 am

Mirotic12 wrote:

He's already started his pro career. What do you mean? Or are you saying leagues like Turkish League and EuroLeague are not professional?

Anyway, EuroLeague must stop making home teams at Final Fours - either that or the final four must go. It was ridiculous in 2015 with Real at home and again this time.

None of the other teams stood any chance at all in 2 of the last 3 final fours, playing against home teams. EuroLeague really needs to cut that out, or the final four is going to totally lose any luster it once had. Both of those semifinals and finals in 2015 and this year that involved the home teams were almost impossible to watch, they were so one-sided.

your argument is invalid. Real madrid was the favourite that year. And Fenerbahce was the second biggest favourite for the title after Cska this season. Not to mention, Final four city is determined before the competition starts. So no team is favoured.
yannisk
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by yannisk » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:26 pm

baldur wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:

your argument is invalid. Real madrid was the favourite that year. And Fenerbahce was the second biggest favourite for the title after Cska this season. Not to mention, Final four city is determined before the competition starts. So no team is favoured.

Real Madrid was favorite and was playing at home, the same for Fener. To give an nba example you could predetermine that the 2018 nba finals would take place in Cleveland. Not very fair is it? and home court advantage is bigger in Europe.

Of course the final 4 has to happen somewhere so you could have some team with advantage anyway (especially if the venue is in Russia, Spain or Greece that almost always have a participant). But it would be more fair if the venue was following a pattern so no final4 happens very often in the same city/country. last final4 in Greece was in 2007 and you had 3 finals in Spain after that (2008, 2011, 2015) two in Berlin (2009, 2016) two in Istanbul (2012, 2017).

Russia had only one final4 in the last 30 years. I am sure CSKA would love to have the opportunities other teams get to play the final at home. A little more variety wouldn't harm.
baldur
RealGM

Post#58 » by baldur » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:04 pm

yannisk wrote:
baldur wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:

Real Madrid was favorite and was playing at home, the same for Fener. To give an nba example you could predetermine that the 2018 nba finals would take place in Cleveland. Not very fair is it? and home court advantage is bigger in Europe.

Of course the final 4 has to happen somewhere so you could have some team with advantage anyway (especially if the venue is in Russia, Spain or Greece that almost always have a participant). But it would be more fair if the venue was following a pattern so no final4 happens very often in the same city/country. last final4 in Greece was in 2007 and you had 3 finals in Spain after that (2008, 2011, 2015) two in Berlin (2009, 2016) two in Istanbul (2012, 2017).

Russia had only one final4 in the last 30 years. I am sure CSKA would love to have the opportunities other teams get to play the final at home. A little more variety wouldn't harm.

What kind of example is that? EuroLeague is an international competition whereas the nba is national, in which European domestic league, the location of the finals is predetermined? Use some logic first. Second, it is quite normal that choosing a city/country which has some basketball culture and team competing in EuroLeague in order not to organise the final four in front of the empty seats. Do you understand my points?
yannisk
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by yannisk » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm

baldur wrote:
yannisk wrote:
baldur wrote:

What kind of example is that? EuroLeague is an international competition whereas the nba is national, in which European domestic league, the location of the finals is predetermined? Use some logic first. Second, it is quite normal that choosing a city/country which has some basketball culture and team competing in EuroLeague in order not to organise the final four in front of the empty seats. Do you understand my points?

The point is that it has to be fair, I hope you can understand that, it's not that difficult.
baldur
RealGM

Post#60 » by baldur » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:15 pm

yannisk wrote:
baldur wrote:
yannisk wrote:

The point is that it has to be fair, I hope you can understand that, it's not that difficult.

it was in my response. you cant organize such a big event in front of empty seats in an irrelevant non-basketball lover country.

Return to International Basketball