Thoughts on Bo McCalebb?

Moderator: THE J0KER

jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Thoughts on Bo McCalebb? 

Post#1 » by jman3134 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:11 am

What are your thoughts on McCalebb? Do you think that he will come over to the NBA after his contract expires, or is he going to continue playing in Europe where he is a star?

Also, I wrote this article on Bo McCalebb entitled, Why No Bo? The Story of Front Office Cognitive Dissonance. Here's a link if you are interested: http://bit.ly/oCptcE

Let me know what you think.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Re: Thoughts on Bo McCalebb? 

Post#2 » by babyjax13 » Mon Oct 3, 2011 3:51 pm

I would think he stays in Europe. He's going to get a better contract there, he's going to have a bigger role, and he really isn't the prototypical point guard in the NBA which is part of the reason why he's not there now.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
brassviews
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#3 » by brassviews » Tue Oct 4, 2011 4:27 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I would think he stays in Europe. He's going to get a better contract there, he's going to have a bigger role, and he really isn't the prototypical point guard in the NBA which is part of the reason why he's not there now.

A player like Farmar isn't a prototypical point guard, yet he's been playing the position for awhile now.

McCalebb is just one of those players who takes time to get better. He could play in the NBA if he wanted to. There's nothing really preventing him other than a coach not trusting in him.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,515

Post#4 » by BarbaGrizz » Wed Oct 5, 2011 10:10 pm

I only saw few games from McCallebb, so I´ll just throw my thoughts...could he have a role similar to JJ Barea?
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#5 » by jman3134 » Thu Oct 6, 2011 4:53 am

I think Bo would have a similar role to Bobby Jackson from his Kings' days.
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#6 » by Elden Payton » Fri Oct 7, 2011 9:50 am

Great read jman, Bo could make it in the NBA & he's obviously much improved since his UNO days but I think he will stay in Europe where he is idolised & makes good crust.

Return to International Basketball