This Real Madrid team=best Euro team I've seen in 20years

Moderator: THE J0KER

OscarMayer
Rookie
And1: 10

This Real Madrid team=best Euro team I've seen in 20years 

Post#1 » by OscarMayer » Sat Feb 2, 2013 2:52 pm

I'm not a big fan of EuroBall, but I use to watch the big games or interesting players. I starting to love the way Real Madrid plays pure offensive basketball. Ex Utah State, Jaycee Carroll is an assasin, Rudy Fernandez and Sergio Rodriguez are playing their very best, and they have some interesting players like Llull or Mirotic. Draper and Slaughter, as solid role players, add toughness and defense. Im sure they arent the best team in the last 20 years(Im not a real fan as I said) but the most attractive and enterteining not-USA team I've seen. Reminds me Nash' Suns 2006. And they are winning. 6-0 in Euroleague against the best Euro teams, CSKA, Panathinaikos etc, and 18-1 in ACB. Not bad
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,068

Re: This Real Madrid team=best Euro team I've seen in 20year 

Post#2 » by sisibilio » Sun Feb 3, 2013 3:39 am

It's a very good team, and a breath of fresh air for the Euroleague and spanish league. His backcourt is tremendous but the frontcourt is not that impressive.
If we are talking about the most dominant teams in the last 20 years probably

99-00 Panathinaikos
00-01 Barcelona
00-01 Virtus
02-03 Barcelona
the Maccabi of Saras, Vujcic & Parker
09-10 Barcelona
11-12 CSKA

Are all ahead of this one.
Speaking of teams that are fun to watch, that Maccabi team and the Bennetton of D'antoni have to be up there.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
thomascos5g
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by thomascos5g » Mon Feb 4, 2013 12:36 pm

Real Madrid always plays as offensive not defensive that's why i like this team so much.
Alienware
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Re: R: This Real Madrid team=best Euro team I've seen in 20y 

Post#4 » by Alienware » Sat May 25, 2013 10:29 am

Didn't stop Olympiacos from going back to back on them.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,537

Post#5 » by UcanUwill » Sat May 25, 2013 11:19 pm

I personally like defensive teams more. One all offense team I really liked, was that Maccabi team with Parker, Saras and Vujcic.
sorokii
Junior
And1: 32

Post#6 » by sorokii » Thu Jun 6, 2013 6:13 am

OscarMayer wrote:Rudy Fernandez and Sergio Rodriguez are playing their very best

Then you never saw Rudy play in his last year before going to the NBA.
da da da da daaaaaa...
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#7 » by sisibilio » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:56 pm

sisibilio wrote:It's a very good team, and a breath of fresh air for the Euroleague and spanish league. His backcourt is tremendous but the frontcourt is not that impressive.

This season with the constant growing of Mirotic and the additions of Bouroussis and Mejri i'm not so sure anymore.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Chalk1
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#8 » by Chalk1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:06 am

They looked pretty awesome today, albeit it was against Bamberg, but that was a slaughter.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#9 » by UcanUwill » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:24 pm

They are my this years favorites. That team is stacked and rolling. Very impressive. Bourousis is an incredible addition, one of the best centers not in the NBA today, dominant defensive rebounder, efficient putting points, has size, has 20 ft range. No holes in that roster
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#10 » by sisibilio » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:36 pm

OK, after a few more samples now i'm in position to afirm this is arguably the best euro team EVER.
@MikePradaSBN

Great
Bench Warmer
And1: 65

Post#11 » by Great » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Real is an excellent team.

I look forward to the next game against EA7.
CR7Fan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: R: This Real Madrid team=best Euro team I've seen in 20y 

Post#12 » by CR7Fan » Sat Dec 7, 2013 10:04 pm

Alienware wrote:Didn't stop Olympiacos from going back to back on them.

Won't be shocked if it happens again. Of the 4 groupings, Real Madrid happens to be in the weakest and has yet to face a quality opponent.

Fenerbahce, Maccabi Tel Aviv, and Olympiacos could challenge them for the title. Darkorse team, Lokomotiv Kuban.

I believe Fenerbahce, with McCalebb, Kleiza, and Bogdanovic, has the best chance of beating them.
ugur1980
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Ynt: This Real Madrid team=best Euro team I've seen in 2 

Post#13 » by ugur1980 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:49 pm

i think they can make playoffs if they played in nba
especially in eastern conference.
do you think they can make it playoffs 2. round?
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#14 » by UcanUwill » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:43 pm

ugur1980 wrote:i think they can make playoffs if they played in nba
especially in eastern conference.
do you think they can make it playoffs 2. round?

I bet they would not make the play-offs, they are not built to defend NBA teams. Both, their perimeter and interior D would be dominated. Their guards wouldn't be as consistent facing bigger pressures and quicker hands.

Real is definitely solid, and could even beat few NBA teams in the series, arguably, but at end of the day, we need to get real. NBA is a diferent beast.
ugur1980
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#15 » by ugur1980 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:40 pm

what do you think about cska's win against minnesota and lose against san antonio in overtime in usa in preseason? does it show that cska is an nba level team?
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#16 » by UcanUwill » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:28 pm

It was preseason. Same Real Madrid barely beat Chinese team... If you watched those games and I did, you saw how insignificant those results were. Spurs weren't even trying. They sat all out all their premier guys after 3 Qs. CSKA was practically beaten by Aaron Baynes, which is in fact a surprising.
Same happened in Minnesota, CSKA couldn't stop Derrick Williams. And tho at the end of the day CSKA won that game, we saw the athletic difference, Derrick Williams looked like Mike Batiste on steroids out there. Any NBA team could find a deadly athletic match up like that. Jazz is probably the most talently poor NBA team at the moment, but just imagine what Derrick Favors could do to Euroleague...

CSKA beating any team in one game is not a surprise, but no, they are not NBA caliber. I dont mean they'd go 0-82, but they would be a bottomfeeder. Their defensive anchor in Khryapa becomes a tweener in the NBA game, and his impact waters down significantly. In most match ups he would be a liability even. And thats that... 6'6 Kyle Hines would have even bigger challenge at playing center, I think they would have to rely on Sasha Kaun a lot. Lack of interior and few perimeter players who couldn't stay in front of their men (Milos, Micov).
Individual defense and athleticism is always the big difference what sets leagues apart. Euro teams are not assembled to defend NBA teams and it shows.
obradorista
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#17 » by obradorista » Thu Jan 2, 2014 10:14 am

Thay have a perfectly rounded team, even Salah Mejri, a guy that hadn't even play basketball at a high level more than 3 years ago is doing well as a role player in there.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a08T6TqV7DM[/youtube]

That play is from last season preseason, playing for Obradoiro. One year there and now thriving in this pure offensive type of play that Madrid does. A joy to watch, even with Rudy's shameful flopping.

Return to International Basketball