Best European Team This Year?

Moderator: THE J0KER

B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Best European Team This Year? 

Post#1 » by B-Ball Freak » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:17 am

Don't really follow euro ball, so school me please.
Mr Grant Hill
Sixth Man
And1: 102

Re: Best European Team This Year? 

Post#2 » by Mr Grant Hill » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:32 pm

Easily Real Madrid. They have it all, great individual players, depth, and just a perfect teamplay. Such a good fit. Just one hour ago they got 41 points in a single quarter (= 10 minutes) against a tough Euroleague opponent, that's 4 points per minute, ~ 2+ points per possession. They're unbeaten for like 30 games and can pretty much blow out every opponent, even on the international stage. Mirotic, who will probably come over and play for the Bulls, is expected to have a huge impact in the NBA (Dirk 2.0 etc...).
Anyways, I'd say that at this point Madrid would easily make the playoffs in the East, 5th/6th seed.
Wake up, girl. I wanna go surfing.
scrappydoofan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by scrappydoofan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:33 pm

Mr Grant Hill wrote:Easily Real Madrid. They have it all, great individual players, depth, and just a perfect teamplay. Such a good fit. Just one hour ago they got 41 points in a single quarter (= 10 minutes) against a tough Euroleague opponent, that's 4 points per minute, ~ 2+ points per possession. They're unbeaten for like 30 games and can pretty much blow out every opponent, even on the international stage. Mirotic, who will probably come over and play for the Bulls, is expected to have a huge impact in the NBA (Dirk 2.0 etc...).
Anyways, I'd say that at this point Madrid would easily make the playoffs in the East, 5th/6th seed.

um no

lets break down their team.

pg sergio rodriguez- all the scouts say he is greatly improved from his time in the nba. he has been destroying the acb and the euroleague. 54 percent from the field 46 percent from the 3. lets give him above average nba starter. if you love him you could say the knicks, miami, detriot, indiana, sixers, magic, bucks, rockets, mavs, wolves, lakers, jazz dont have a pg as good as him, but that is obviously rather unproven.

2- guards/combo guards

jc carroll- obviously more jimmer fredete than steph curry. he is listed at 6-2 but is rail thin doesn't really do much ball handling, the nba player that he resembles is kyle korver. the difference being korver is 5 inches taller thus he gets a cleaner look at the basket and can attempt to guard nba sg and sf a lot better.

sergio llul- famous for looking way out of place in the united states vs spain international games. he has decent strength, takes care of ball, plays hard. i have never seen him dribble past someone and for nba standards he is a below average shooter.

small forward/sg

rudy fernandez- played in the nba for a while. his achiles heal was he was a poor nba 3 point shooter. he has some ball handling abillity to create. obviously good size at 6-6, his 3 point shooting doesn't seemed to have improved much still only at 35 percent for the year.

pf

nicola mirotic- 57 percent fg percentage, 46 percent from 3 he has been beyond unstoppable offensively in europe. he is 6-10 though not 7 foot like dirk, so dirk 2.0 is not going to happen. he doesn't project as a plus defensive player, because 6-10 is just average size for nba pf and he doesn't have the strength of well most nba big man. he doesn't have the strengh/athleticism, ballhandling of say a carmelo anthony obviously. so whats a could comparison? is he ryan anderson with more 1 on 1 game? i dont know, it might take him a bit to adjust to the nba 3 point line.

center
Yannis Bourousis
Salah Mejri

they actually might play mejiri more if they were in the nba because he could actually block some shots. not that it needs to be said, but they dont have nba players at this position. i mean who would you even compare bourusis 2. i was thinking jason colliin slightly more skilled offensivly but shorter and mainly just serves as a big body. mejri is listed at 7-1 209.

other pieces.

felipe reyes maybe he would be an adequote nba rebounder but he plays the same position as mirotic and if they played mirotic and reyes at the sametime they would be incredible short for an nba frontline.

tremel darden- can score a bit more size, strength athleticism than llul and carroll. however he no passing numbers.

marcus slaughter- their third pf, buts about better numbers than reyes has always shot above 61 percent in european play. he might be another player they would use more in the nba. obviously the slaughter, mirotic frontline would be short.

so too review even if you assume that rodriguez is better than jameer nelson and mirotic is as good as ryan anderson. they still would have their hands full with the bobcats.

every nba team has more players than them even the bucks.
aroba
Senior
And1: 43

Post#4 » by aroba » Fri May 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Two:
Real madrid
Valencia basket
Gokey Balboa
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#5 » by Gokey Balboa » Mon May 19, 2014 8:20 pm

One: Maccabi TA. :D

On a serious note: Real Madrid - team good enough for #8-10 place in EC of NBA with addition of 2-3 more athletic players. But, F4 format took out the greatest success in the best season this club had in a 20 years. :banghead:
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,783

Post#6 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jun 4, 2014 5:26 pm

Real Madrid was definitely the best team. There is some fine NBA material on that roster, though whoever said they would make NBA playoffs is wrong. No non NBA team would make NBA play offs. The talent game tho smaller is still relatively big, and no Euro team is built to defend NBA athletes on nightly basis.

Return to International Basketball