Europe to the NBA?

Moderator: THE J0KER

Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Re: Europe to the NBA? 

Post#21 » by Johnlac1 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:20 pm

Raptor_Claw wrote:
Johnlac1 wrote:Actually, I did watch Rubio play in Euroleague games, the many clips on youtube, and the Olympics against the U.S. My original assessment still stands: Rubio is easily the better passer, Teodosic easily the better shooter. Overall, Rubio the better player.

Most Euroleague fans are not going to believe you. I am sure you watched hours of YouTube clips, especially all the Spanish League ones. But it's really hard to take it seriously that you saw Euroleague games when you keep saying no one there can pass like Rubio.

Teodosic, Spanoulis, Huertas, Jasikevicius, Prigioni can all pass every bit as good or better than Rubio can. Diamantidis is maybe just slightly below him in passing. Papaloukas is far better than him at passing. Really, Rubio's not even all that much better at passing than even someone like Cook.

So it's just not believable that you watched Euroleague and yet are saying no one is even close to Rubio there in passing. You are not going to get most Euroleague fans to believe you.

Rubio isn't a better passer or player than Teodosic, and good luck trying to convince most Euroleague fans of that. You really overrate Rubio's level as compared to other point guards in Europe.

Vasilis Xanthopoulos (I guarantee you never even heard of him) is just as good of a passer, if not better than Rubio is. Just watch a couple Greek League games and he is making 4-5 "amazing" Rubio ESPN Sporscenter highlight passes a game, and no one hardly even reacts to them, because it's just considered good point guard play in Europe. Most basketball fans in Europe don't know who Xanthopoulos even is. It's just a random example of how Rubio's "incredible" passing and court vision, is only "incredible" in the NBA.

You can pick random European point guards that are in his level of passing. He's only some special passer in the NBA, where passing is so de-emphasized.

If you really were watching European games, you would know this. But you keep repeating all the NBA only fan talk about how Rubio is so incredible in passing, which is only something that someone that does not have any knowledge of European basketball would say.

Yes, Rubio is "amazing" at passing to people that only know NBA and NCAA. He's fairly typical in passing for most European fans. Rubio is flashier than the other point guards in Europe, just like he is flashier than the other point guards in the NBA. But he isn't a better passer than anyone in Europe and no way even remotely close to what you are claiming with comments like he is "easily better" of a passer than anyone in Europ
You have the NBA confused with the Euroleague. Say whatever you want to about Rubio's passing ability in the NBA, but you are totally wrong when you try to claim he is way better than anyone in Europe at passing. I have seen Papaloukas make passes that Rubio could not make if his life depended on it.

have a nice day :wink:
Aether46
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Europe to the NBA? 

Post#22 » by Aether46 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:28 pm

Raptor_Claw wrote:
Johnlac1 wrote:Actually, I did watch Rubio play in Euroleague games, the many clips on youtube, and the Olympics against the U.S. My original assessment still stands: Rubio is easily the better passer, Teodosic easily the better shooter. Overall, Rubio the better player.

Most Euroleague fans are not going to believe you. I am sure you watched hours of YouTube clips, especially all the Spanish League ones. But it's really hard to take it seriously that you saw Euroleague games when you keep saying no one there can pass like Rubio.

Teodosic, Spanoulis, Huertas, Jasikevicius, Prigioni can all pass every bit as good or better than Rubio can. Diamantidis is maybe just slightly below him in passing. Papaloukas is far better than him at passing. Really, Rubio's not even all that much better at passing than even someone like Cook.

So it's just not believable that you watched Euroleague and yet are saying no one is even close to Rubio there in passing. You are not going to get most Euroleague fans to believe you.

Rubio isn't a better passer or player than Teodosic, and good luck trying to convince most Euroleague fans of that. You really overrate Rubio's level as compared to other point guards in Europe.

Vasilis Xanthopoulos (I guarantee you never even heard of him) is just as good of a passer, if not better than Rubio is. Just watch a couple Greek League games and he is making 4-5 "amazing" Rubio ESPN Sporscenter highlight passes a game, and no one hardly even reacts to them, because it's just considered good point guard play in Europe. Most basketball fans in Europe don't know who Xanthopoulos even is. It's just a random example of how Rubio's "incredible" passing and court vision, is only "incredible" in the NBA.

You can pick random European point guards that are in his level of passing. He's only some special passer in the NBA, where passing is so de-emphasized.

If you really were watching European games, you would know this. But you keep repeating all the NBA only fan talk about how Rubio is so incredible in passing, which is only something that someone that does not have any knowledge of European basketball would say.

Yes, Rubio is "amazing" at passing to people that only know NBA and NCAA. He's fairly typical in passing for most European fans. Rubio is flashier than the other point guards in Europe, just like he is flashier than the other point guards in the NBA. But he isn't a better passer than anyone in Europe and no way even remotely close to what you are claiming with comments like he is "easily better" of a passer than anyone in Europe.

You have the NBA confused with the Euroleague. Say whatever you want to about Rubio's passing ability in the NBA, but you are totally wrong when you try to claim he is way better than anyone in Europe at passing. I have seen Papaloukas make passes that Rubio could not make if his life depended on it.

Do you watch any other players or leagues except the greek one ? :roll:

Return to International Basketball