Spurs To Add "World's Best Non-NBA Player"

Moderator: THE J0KER

Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#41 » by Blame Rasho » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:22 pm

robbe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

In the end it all comes down to playing time. Had this guy played 30 minutes a game, there's no way he would have come back.

And how can you not handle NBA lifestyle? NBA is a players league. After all the drills and the discipline under Obradovic, Houston must have been like paradise for him.

You earn playing time... he thought he was going to be a superstar in the NBA. The before he got traded to the Spurs, he said he would never come back to the NBA even if he got traded to the Spurs. I just think it is stupid what the OP is saying.

He had hissy fits with JVG, well too f'ing bad. Be a man and earn your mins. You are a rookie and it doesn't matter if you think you are the Greek T-mac, you have to be able to perform and he never did. He sucked in the NBA, that is why he went back to Europe.
prekazi
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#42 » by prekazi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:06 pm

Spanoulis isn't even top 5 in Greece.
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#43 » by Blame Rasho » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:41 pm

Spanoulis and his agent, Miodrag Raznatovic, could not be reached on Thursday, but last week Raznatovic said Spanoulis would never play for the Rockets or any team in the United States. He even added ``They could trade him to San Antonio and he could be the starting point guard, and he would he would say, `No, I cannot.'
bender235
Junior
And1: 5

Post#44 » by bender235 » Fri May 9, 2008 11:54 am

robbe wrote:And how can you not handle NBA lifestyle? NBA is a players league. After all the drills and the discipline under Obradovic, Houston must have been like paradise for him.

Spanoulis used to be McGrady in Athens, but unfortunately there was already a McGrady in Houston. :lol:
10scott10
Veteran
And1: 40

Post#45 » by 10scott10 » Sat May 10, 2008 5:30 pm

I came in here expecting this thread to be about tiago
eagles nut
Analyst
And1: 266

Post#46 » by eagles nut » Sun May 25, 2008 8:53 pm

I think Marc Gasol would have to be in the equation if Rudy Fernandez is. Gasol was the MVP of the Spanish league.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#47 » by jman3134 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:59 pm

Are the Spurs really going to add him?
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#48 » by Blame Rasho » Sun May 25, 2008 11:17 pm

jman3134 wrote:Are the Spurs really going to add him?

No.
bigbreakfast
Sixth Man
And1: 628

Re: Spurs To Add "World's Best Non-NBA Player" 

Post#49 » by bigbreakfast » Wed Jul 2, 2008 10:20 pm

I seriously LOLed at this one. Thanks OP for making the funnies - "You guys don't know what you're talking about! I'm not playing with you anymore! WAH"
Lakers_4_Life
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#50 » by Lakers_4_Life » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:32 am

Once again Spanoulis proved he was the best player on the court at the highest level of competition. Too bad his team didn't do crap to help him. "Diamantidis is better" "Papaloukas is better" "Zisis is better" "Navarro is better" blah blah blah.

This thread is an absolute joke.
KB #24 = NBA's #1
Lakers Fan 4 Life
aroba
Senior
And1: 43

Re: 

Post#51 » by aroba » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:47 am

Lakers_4_Life wrote:
bender235 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes he did.

I believe Spanoulis is better than Rudy. Rudy is more athletic player than Spanoulis. Spanoulis is though a lot faster and quicker.

But Rudy is taller and longer. Even though Rudy is bigger, longer and more athletic he is not nearly as skilled. Spanoulis has him in play making, court vision, passing, ball handling by a lot lot lot and also in defense.

I say Rudy can rebound better and he can shoot 3 point shot maybe a bit more consistent. But Spanoulis is actually very underrated as 3 point shooter. Overall, Spanoulis is superior talent to Rudy.

Rudy will have to develop better skills for NBA level. But I think he can make NBA fine if he is given time to develop them. He just needs to get play time and chance to make mistakes similar as Scola and Navarro.

That is really funny.
Do you greek fans actually watch the Spain vs Hellas games? Or even any ACB game?
Rudy, besides superior height and athleticism is elite defender and has outstanding court vision. Better than Spanoulis? Probably. and he's only 23.

Besides, who said Hellas has the best defense and they were gonna crush Spain? Proof is Spain has the best defense of the teams right after USA (Argentina, Greece and Spain)...and surely the best offense. That's what makes them 2nd best.

You have a great team and great players and can win USA and also Spain on any given night, but let's be honest please.
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#52 » by Blame Rasho » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Lakers_4_Life wrote:Once again Spanoulis proved he was the best player on the court at the highest level of competition. Too bad his team didn't do crap to help him. "Diamantidis is better" "Papaloukas is better" "Zisis is better" "Navarro is better" blah blah blah.

This thread is an absolute joke.

Nope you are... given that you actually started this utterly crapful thread.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#53 » by El Turco » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:07 pm

so Span went from "next stockton" to "next nash" to "best non-NBA player" to "best greek player". he is definitely making strides in his game :lol:
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#54 » by DelaneyRudd » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:07 am

Hopefully Ricky doesn't make the same strides. He will go from Pistol Pete to Jason Williams in half a season.

Return to International Basketball