FIBA World Olympic Qualifying Tournament 2008

Moderator: THE J0KER

bmx
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: FIBA World Olympic Qualifying Tournament 2008 

Post#101 » by bmx » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:19 pm

SCHLAAAAAAND!!!!!
Great team effort, very hard to stop Germany if we hit over 50% of our 3pt attempts.
wilt
Analyst
And1: 147

Post#102 » by wilt » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:35 pm

Hamann ! Boy, if he just could play that way every time ... The guy just needs to learn not to be intimidated against physichal defenses, the tools are there to get to the basket a lot more than he usually does/tries, if he´s on the move it´s hard to stop him.

Nowitzki obviously the big time performer as usual, but Hamann with his drives (and 2 three pointers, wow !) and Greene from outside really stepped up big and delivered in key stretches, Kaman again with foul trouble but good when he was on the court with 10 points and12 boards.

Great team effort, Puerto Rico just didn´t defend well and when the first dry spell came they lost contact. Barea played with lots of heart, Ramos was pretty good and Sanchez also had his moments.

EDIT : And damn, seeing Nowitzki having tears of joy was just "wow", sure earned it with his commitment to the german team summer after summer. Dirk for flagbearer !

"Toughness is not just hard fouls and being willing to fight people. Toughness is being 10 down and continuing to do what your coach wants you to do."
wilt
Analyst
And1: 147

Post#103 » by wilt » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:52 pm

btw funny anecdote : Chris kaman´s brother is apparantely with him and when the german commentator asked him for his and Chris´s impression of international play he basically said "man, this is like Rugby under the basket, you don´t see things like that in the NBA" and today kaman said "first couple games back in the NBA i´m gonna hack everybody because i´m now used to it" ;)

btw : That German team deserved it so much, unbelievable team. Basically never any trouble in the team, allways great stability within the team without major shakeups. Never the most talented, allways showing great heart and terrific effort with Nowitzki as the leader.

"Toughness is not just hard fouls and being willing to fight people. Toughness is being 10 down and continuing to do what your coach wants you to do."
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#104 » by Basti » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:20 pm

wilt wrote:btw funny anecdote : Chris kaman´s brother is apparantely with him and when the german commentator asked him for his and Chris´s impression of international play he basically said "man, this is like Rugby under the basket, you don´t see things like that in the NBA" and today kaman said "first couple games back in the NBA i´m gonna hack everybody because i´m now used to it" ;)

btw : That German team deserved it so much, unbelievable team. Basically never any trouble in the team, allways great stability within the team without major shakeups. Never the most talented, allways showing great heart and terrific effort with Nowitzki as the leader.

of course. they are a team that you have to like. considering they lack talent on that level but they still make it kinda far on most tourneys is impressive. they are really one unit. considering that our regular starting center had to give up his spot for the team and he didn't complain a bit shows a lot about this team. I'm so proud of them.

btw: who else loves listening to Kaman? he has such a great english. no accent at all.

Return to International Basketball