Hamed Ehadadi - the 7-footer no one knew

Moderator: THE J0KER

salaner
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Hamed Ehadadi - the 7-footer no one knew 

Post#1 » by salaner » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:06 pm

Well, scouting is so advanced no talent seems to be able to fly below the radar. But look at the box score of last night's Mavericks-Iranian national team game. A guy named Hamed Ehadadi (don't look for scouting reports on him) had 19 points, 16 rebounds and 2 blocks. Turns out he's 7-2 and just turned 23. Think there will be some interest now?
wilt
Analyst
And1: 147

Re: Hamed Ehadadi - the 7-footer no one knew 

Post#2 » by wilt » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:19 pm

There allready is interest and there´s been reports about him working out for teams this summer (during Iran´s stay now and after the olympics) for various NBA Teams for a couple of months, according to a friend of mine who is from Iran. That interest has been dating back to last year, it´s just not all that easy to actually find a way to evaluate him because of his background playing in relative obscurity most of the time.

Plus the Sport-Politics in Iran tried to keep him under the Radar so that they´d keep him under their wing although the national Team´s Coach tried to convince him to go to Europe to utilize his potential (the coach is serbian) and Partizan actually offered him a lucrative contract but he turned it down.
What my friend heard is that basically he had his eyes set on the NBA for years, is dead serious about that plan and doesn´t consider Europe one bit.

He actually declared for the 2004 draft as a 19 year old with virtually no exposure and went undrafted, so that´s another reason why there hasn´t been much "buzz" recently from draft/prospect media. There´s not many webpages covering Iranian free agents ;)

wilt wrote:he is, according to a friend of mine who just saw him play in the asian club championship (basically same principle as Euroleague in Europe). Weak competition onvioulsy by international standards, but what he´s telling me is that he is definitely a "pro" in terms of skills and athletic abilities for his size. There is no way to proclaim him to be able to make a jump to the NBA, but he definitely looks as if that´s a possibility even with the bridge between the level of talent.
Doubt that he goes to Europe from what i heard from my friend, either NBA or local hero.
He´s going to play in the olympics, that´s the best bet to get a glimpse of his game.

"Toughness is not just hard fouls and being willing to fight people. Toughness is being 10 down and continuing to do what your coach wants you to do."
Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Post#3 » by Apollo64 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:07 pm

Supposedly he wants to stay in Iran.
inyourface48
Ballboy

Post#4 » by inyourface48 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:58 pm

he made 5 blocks last night against the d-league-ambassadors.
who knows, maybe he gets a contract and the nba becomes yet a little more multi-cultural.
beertank23
Ballboy

Post#5 » by beertank23 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:55 am

Well, scouting is so advanced no talent seems to be able to fly below the radar. But look at the box score of last night's Mavericks-Iranian national team game. A guy named Hamed Ehadadi (don't look for scouting reports on him) had 19 points, 16 rebounds and 2 blocks. Turns out he's 7-2 and just turned 23. Think there will be some interest now?

Iran played against Australia last month, this big guy was quite good, he has a very good Basketball IQ for an undeveloped big man, thing is he was that ridiculously UNFIT he'd struggle to get a gig anywhere unless he could prove he could run 2 laps of the court. I think improve his fitness, athleticism and agility and you've got yourself a backup big man. Probably euroleague type player.
salaner
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by salaner » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:47 am

Ehadadi scored 20 points last night against Argentina - i.e. against Oberto and Scola. And Iran only lost by 10 points.
beertank23
Ballboy

Post#7 » by beertank23 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:10 am

salaner wrote:Ehadadi scored 20 points last night against Argentina - i.e. against Oberto and Scola. And Iran only lost by 10 points.

Now thats unbelievable, Australia beat them by like 35.
Nuzzo
Banned User

Post#8 » by Nuzzo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:59 pm

Haddadi just led Iran in their historic win over Serbia - 72:70, the stats are not out yet, but he had 15+pts - 1 FT in the last 10sec, several good moves under the basket, two sweet midrange Js and strong dunk after o. rebound. 20+ rbs around 7 offensive and several contested by 2-3 serbian players at once. 5+blks - crazy one on Kosta Perovics two handed slam.
Give Haddadi 2 years in USA and he will be a beast, he need to add 20 pounds of muscle in his upper body and get better at running up and down the court.
Ern III
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#9 » by Ern III » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:41 pm

I couldn't catch the match, as Australia's pay and free-to-air networks continue to give basketball an utter rodgering. Despite there being a record eighty-plus countries broadcasting the Diamond Ball tourney, we're not getting it, even though we're a participating nation, with an NBA starter.

Still, the box score from the victory over Serbia suggests Ehadadi has submitted one of the most dominant performances in an international game. 20-20-6! I guess he's a prospect. I look forward to watching this guy in our Olympics group.
inyourface48
Ballboy

Post#10 » by inyourface48 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:24 am

found a video of him in the asian championship final 2007
somewhere in the middle of the vid he makes a shot from halfcourt :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmweMX0Y-8M
Paul Overt
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#11 » by Paul Overt » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:35 pm

I saw the Argentina-Iran game, and Ehadadi was great, he has very good midrange, can dunk, and seem know the post offensive moves.

I wrote about him in this thread: http://hornetsreport.com/HRForums/showthread.php?p=590006#post590006
babak82
Freshman

Post#12 » by babak82 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 4:33 pm

Looks like hes headed to the Grizzlies:

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... d_ehadadi/
wilt
Analyst
And1: 147

Post#13 » by wilt » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:20 am

Iran not living up to their good friendlies, overall lacking physichal ability and conditioning, Ehadadi however with a more than solid campaign so far. 9/8 with 2 Blocks against Russia, 21/9 with 4 (but also 8 TOs) against Lithuania, 15/8 and 3 against Australia, just now 21/16 against Argentina.

"Toughness is not just hard fouls and being willing to fight people. Toughness is being 10 down and continuing to do what your coach wants you to do."
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#14 » by DelaneyRudd » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:51 pm

BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#15 » by BubbaTee » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:50 am

So when Team Iran went to Salt Lake City earlier this year, I assume they didn't pay money for hotel rooms or meals? Last time I checked, the exchange of money for goods and services was a business transaction.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#16 » by SpeedyG » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:05 am

Paul Overt wrote:I saw the Argentina-Iran game, and Ehadadi was great, he has very good midrange, can dunk, and seem know the post offensive moves.

I wrote about him in this thread: http://hornetsreport.com/HRForums/showthread.php?p=590006#post590006

He's 7'2". He BETTER be able to dunk or he might have the lowest vertical jump in the history of the game.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
commadoor 64
Starter
And1: 26

Post#17 » by commadoor 64 » Fri Oct 3, 2008 3:13 pm

Day 3: Grizzlies training camp...

Too bad you couldn’t have seen it, but the move of the day came from one of two players… Rudy Gay had a sweet windmill dunk that he threw down with such emphasis that he went straight to the floor… and Hamed Haddadi did his best Kobe Bryant impersonation as he Dream Shaked two defenders and buried a 16-footer at the elbow as the shot clock expired… the team went equally nuts on both plays…
markdeez33
RealGM
And1: 2,192

Post#18 » by markdeez33 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:32 pm

Hamed is a beast. I've been using him on Live 09 (I actually played with Iran, and he's a MONSTER). I'm gonna use him in a game the next time I play with the Grizzlies to see what he can do on that team, but he's a beast for Iran, no question.

I haven't seen much of his game in reality, but he seems to be skilled. He's a 74 overall on the game, which is actually pretty good for someone we've never seen before.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#19 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:20 am

markdeez33 wrote:Hamed is a beast. I've been using him on Live 09 (I actually played with Iran, and he's a MONSTER). I'm gonna use him in a game the next time I play with the Grizzlies to see what he can do on that team, but he's a beast for Iran, no question.

I haven't seen much of his game in reality, but he seems to be skilled. He's a 74 overall on the game, which is actually pretty good for someone we've never seen before.

Yeah, whoever gave him a 74 overall probably never saw him before, either. He may be a beast if you look him in his face, but he's in no way a beast in terms of basketball.

Return to International Basketball