Robertas Javtokas

Moderator: THE J0KER

GTO
RealGM
And1: 19

Robertas Javtokas 

Post#1 » by GTO » Sat Sep 6, 2008 11:56 am

I am fairly impressed with his work in the Olympics. Does he have any intention of coming to the NBA? What's his contract status like?
Who wants to sex Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean Jacque Wamutombo?
mnWI
General Manager
And1: 47

Re: Robertas Javtokas 

Post#2 » by mnWI » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:44 am

The Spurs tried to bring him over either a year ago or two years ago, but he was asking for too much money. They still own his rights, and he currently doesn't have a contract for this upcoming season. Word coming from his agent is he might retire and open up a development academy near his home town.
EuroFan
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#3 » by EuroFan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:17 am

mnWI wrote:The Spurs tried to bring him over either a year ago or two years ago, but he was asking for too much money. They still own his rights, and he currently doesn't have a contract for this upcoming season. Word coming from his agent is he might retire and open up a development academy near his home town.

Dude, seriously where do you get this stuff from?

1. He is contracted to Dynamo Moscow. He will be a free agent next summer.
2. He is 28 years old, at his prime, being in the starting five of the team. Why would he retire and open a development academy? This is crap.

Spurs hold his rights and they did try to sign him in the 2006-07 season but he turned them down because Panathinaikos' (his previous club) contract offer was too good to turn down, about $2.5M per year. His current contract with Dynamo Moscow is worth about $2M per year.
mnWI
General Manager

Post#4 » by mnWI » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:17 pm

EuroFan wrote:
mnWI wrote:The Spurs tried to bring him over either a year ago or two years ago, but he was asking for too much money. They still own his rights, and he currently doesn't have a contract for this upcoming season. Word coming from his agent is he might retire and open up a development academy near his home town.

Dude, seriously where do you get this stuff from?

1. He is contracted to Dynamo Moscow. He will be a free agent next summer.
2. He is 28 years old, at his prime, being in the starting five of the team. Why would he retire and open a development academy? This is crap.

Spurs hold his rights and they did try to sign him in the 2006-07 season but he turned them down because Panathinaikos' (his previous club) contract offer was too good to turn down, about $2.5M per year. His current contract with Dynamo Moscow is worth about $2M per year.

I got that 'crap' from a very high profile international scout with an NBA team. He claims to be a good friend of Javtokas' agent...
EuroFan
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#5 » by EuroFan » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:22 am

mnWI wrote:I got that 'crap' from a very high profile international scout with an NBA team. He claims to be a good friend of Javtokas' agent...

So you don't bother cross-checking the info you are given? As for Javtokas, he took part in Dynamo's first pre-season friendly game in Lithuania. So much about being a free agent and retiring I guess...
mnWI
General Manager

Post#6 » by mnWI » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:07 am

EuroFan wrote:
mnWI wrote:I got that 'crap' from a very high profile international scout with an NBA team. He claims to be a good friend of Javtokas' agent...

So you don't bother cross-checking the info you are given? As for Javtokas, he took part in Dynamo's first pre-season friendly game in Lithuania. So much about being a free agent and retiring I guess...

For the purposes of this message board, no I don't think it's worth it to spend a ton of time digging through information. If it's for the work I do, that's a totally different matter. But a very good percentage of the information I've passed along on realgm has turned out to be accurate.
salaner
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#7 » by salaner » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:36 pm

A "ton of time"? More like two seconds...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBC_Dynamo_Moscow
Greek
Starter
And1: 447

Post#8 » by Greek » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:57 am

It will be funny if Jaftokas plays in NBA. He has 1 of the greatest bodies that a basketball player can have, good athlete, but thats all. I have never seen more unskilled player to play for Pana.

Return to International Basketball