Omer Asik Impressions?

Moderator: THE J0KER

BadMojo
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Omer Asik Impressions? 

Post#1 » by BadMojo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:50 pm

I'm a Bulls fan and was curious about what people who have seen Omer play think of his game and how it will translate to the NBA?

I really know very little about the guy other than what I read on scouting reports.

Does the following report seem to be on the money or is there more to add?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Omer-Asik-5033/

I know it really isn't a scouting report but I can't seem to find a lot on him.

Here is a quick view from someone on his strengths and weakness:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/omer-asik

Does that seem to fit the bill?

I was just looking for some added info from those that have seen him play a few times. Anything to add or any opinions on him would be appreciated.
Hedo05
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Omer Asik Impressions? 

Post#2 » by Hedo05 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:34 am

havent seen him play this year, im sure he is still injured.
about his skills, well, he's long, one of best shot-blockers in turkey, a very nice one to have. great rebounder (at least for European standards) offensifely and defensifely, hustle-player (thats what he will be atleast in the nba) you can see him out-running opposing centers very often.
next to none offensive skills, no outside shot, not so well developed post skills. the problem is that he just simply cant get good position in the low post, either he gets pushed out of position or he is too far under the basket and cant even make a layup. athletic for european standards, but oh yeah he definitely has to bulk up 15-20 pounds.
last year he was great to watch with his consistency and activ play, should be the starting center for turkey when okur doesnt feel like playing...
Hakan Demirel / Cenk Akyol / Ersan Ilyasova / Semih Erden / Oguz Savas <<< Turkey 2010

Penny / MJ / Pip / C-Webb / Sheed <<< All-Time Line-up
BadMojo
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by BadMojo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:18 pm

Thanks for the info Hedo. That is helpful.
turkishstar
Sophomore

Post#4 » by turkishstar » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:48 am

Omer is playing our rival team,he is really talented player.He can make a good job in NBA

Return to International Basketball