Moderator: THE J0KER

Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Euroleague Playoffs Set 

Post#41 » by Joana » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:02 pm

Apollo64 wrote:
Joana wrote:Panathinaikos Athens vs. Montepaschi Siena

With Lavrinovic's injury Siena simply doesn't have enough quality to match Panathinaikos. They'd need another scoring and rebounding presence in order to take pressure of their guards. Guys like Domercant, Kaukenas and McIntyre will always shoot well enough to guarantee a win, maybe 2, but that's as far as they're going. 70%-30%

I would't say this bracket is that lopsided. Panathinaikos hasn't convinced me yet and Siena, a team that plays a similar style, has always given them some grief. Will be an interesting series for sure, with both teams being able to clinch an away win.

Well, with Diamantidis out, Siena has a fighting chance to steal the next game in Athens and in that case everything is possible. They really need their backcourt to score well though. Pekovic, Fotsis and Batiste dropped like 50 points on them yesterday.
EuroFan
Freshman

Post#42 » by EuroFan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:04 pm

talkbasket wrote:
Apollo64 wrote:Diamantides got injured and may miss one or both of the first two games next week against Siena.

IMHO his worth to PAO is way overrated. They can replace him without much problem at all. It's not like with Siena losing Lavrinovic, which really is a problem and they cannot replace him. The two losses don't even each other out, Siena's loss is bigger.

Yes. Losing Diamantidis is nothing to PAO because he is only the #1 in minutes or because he has been their MVP for the past five seasons or because he is simply the best player to play for PAO since Bodiroga.

And because last night when Diamantidis was sitting out the player that he usually guards when playing vs Siena, Sato, scored 30 point with 40 ranking points. Good one mate, go on ridiculing yourself...
sorokii wrote:b) You are an impostor and you don´t have any idea about Spain, Euskadi and so on.

:lol:
sorokii wrote:So could you explain me why if you enter in the forums you are promoting with your nick and your signature, you can read in the front: "Spain. The strongest European domestic League"?

Just to be clear and avoid any misunderstandings, this guy has nothing to do with the official TB staff and is just a self-promoting leech.
talkbasket wrote:Everyone knows how hated my people are in Spain. Do you think I am surprised that a race that Spaniards want to exterminate, that someone saying they are part of this race is deemed to be "not Spanish"?

OK man, you had your fun and you were exposed, you can cut it off now.
Apollo64 wrote:Papaloukas had an amazing game today, 13 assists with only one turnover. Olympiacos really sucks whenever he is not on court.

So true.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#43 » by jman3134 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:12 pm

As the American in here, I thought that I would intervene in this little international debacle we have going on right now. I really would love to read all the opinions about the Euroleague playoff set and I appreciate the input that has been put in so far. However, if this continues down the same path- completely off topic and a bit too personal, it may have to be locked. I'm just warning you all in advance.

Truth be told though, I do enjoy all the opinions presented in this thread and seeing as I have an inkling about Basque-Spanish politics (shocking for an American, no?). While talkbasket's nationality and identity may be interesting to some, the objective is to talk basketball. Politics are discussed on the current events board, and I am sure you could discuss any international affairs there if you all wanted to.

Out of curiosity, though, talkbasket, are you in any way affiliated with the site? If you want you can PM me.

Anyway, best regards to all of you. I hope that my interruption provided the comic relief that you all needed. Btw, I love Euroleague. Is it just me, or are all of the favorites winning? Romain Sato has been great and I hope to see more of him if Montepaschi can make it over the hump.
KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#44 » by KWSN-Men » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:42 pm

EuroFan wrote:
talkbasket wrote:
Apollo64 wrote:Diamantides got injured and may miss one or both of the first two games next week against Siena.

IMHO his worth to PAO is way overrated. They can replace him without much problem at all. It's not like with Siena losing Lavrinovic, which really is a problem and they cannot replace him. The two losses don't even each other out, Siena's loss is bigger.

Yes. Losing Diamantidis is nothing to PAO because he is only the #1 in minutes or because he has been their MVP for the past five seasons or because he is simply the best player to play for PAO since Bodiroga.

And because last night when Diamantidis was sitting out the player that he usually guards when playing vs Siena, Sato, scored 30 point with 40 ranking points. Good one mate, go on ridiculing yourself...
sorokii wrote:b) You are an impostor and you don´t have any idea about Spain, Euskadi and so on.

:lol:
sorokii wrote:So could you explain me why if you enter in the forums you are promoting with your nick and your signature, you can read in the front: "Spain. The strongest European domestic League"?

Just to be clear and avoid any misunderstandings, this guy has nothing to do with the official TB staff and is just a self-promoting leech.
talkbasket wrote:Everyone knows how hated my people are in Spain. Do you think I am surprised that a race that Spaniards want to exterminate, that someone saying they are part of this race is deemed to be "not Spanish"?

OK man, you had your fun and you were exposed, you can cut it off now.
Apollo64 wrote:Papaloukas had an amazing game today, 13 assists with only one turnover. Olympiacos really sucks whenever he is not on court.

So true.

Some people have basketball knowledge and some don't. You are obviously in the latter category.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#45 » by KWSN-Men » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:46 pm

jman3134 wrote:
Out of curiosity, though, talkbasket, are you in any way affiliated with the site? If you want you can PM me.

I can't PM you. The site won't allow me. It says I don't have that "privilege".
EuroFan
Freshman

Post#46 » by EuroFan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:48 pm

talkbasket wrote:Some people have basketball knowledge and some don't. You are obviously in the latter category.

Wasn't I in your ignore list? Once more, a liar. :roll:
EuroFan
Freshman

Post#47 » by EuroFan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:51 pm

jman3134 wrote:Out of curiosity, though, talkbasket, are you in any way affiliated with the site? If you want you can PM me.

No he is not. Read my previous post. If you want, PM me for further info. Since I can not send you a PM myself as I don't see the PM button anywhere.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#48 » by KWSN-Men » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:54 pm

edit
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#49 » by KWSN-Men » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:55 pm

edit
EuroFan
Freshman

Post#50 » by EuroFan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:21 pm

talkbasket wrote:How would you know?

edit
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#51 » by KWSN-Men » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:33 pm

edit
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#52 » by KWSN-Men » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:47 pm

jman3134 I told you I cannot send private messages. The site won't let me. Since you are a mod maybe you can explain why. So I am sorry but I can't PM you. So I don't know how else to answer you other than in this topic. Sorry for that but what else can I do to answer you?

Yes I am is the answer to your question.

Also, could you please tell me why I cannot get the option to ignore any users?
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#53 » by jman3134 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Check your messages.

Return to International Basketball