NBADraft.net Agrees Pargo And Childress = Euro Busts

Moderator: THE J0KER

heh8me2
Junior
And1: 0

Re: NBADraft.net Agrees Pargo And Childress = Euro Busts 

Post#121 » by heh8me2 » Sat May 2, 2009 3:30 pm

I don't understand why Euro-fans get so upset that we call our champion "world champion"

Especially with the World Series. Its not a national tournament so it has nothing to do with Japan winning the last 2 WBC. Japan is WBC champions.

But, 99% of the world's baseball premier talent is in the MLB.

So what's the problem if a team like the Indians, who have koreans, dominicans, americans, venezuelans, japanese and a couple other nationalities win the World Series and claim to be World Champions??
heh8me2
Junior

Post#122 » by heh8me2 » Sat May 2, 2009 3:32 pm

nostradamus2005 wrote:
CircleCitysportsfan wrote:
Get over it. Why does it bother you that much? I don't see any euro league team that could take the three peat lakers or bulls in a 7 game series. Whoever wins the NBA Finals is the best professional basketball team in the world. It's really that simple.

Why does it matter to you so much to label your domestic league champion as "World Champion"? No other nation does that in any other sport (ie. labeling their league champion as world champion).

You dont make claim yourself as world champions based on hypothetical scenarios. Basketball is played on the court and a win/a title is earned on the court as well.

I'm sure you wouldnt have guessed that a team like this:
R. Siskauskas
E. Zukauskas
K. Lavrinovic
S. Jasikevicius
S. Stombergas
V. Ginevicius
M. Zukauskas
A. Macijauskas
D. Songaila
beating a team like this:
Duncan
Iverson
LeBron
Wade
Melo
Amare
Marion
Boozer
prime Marbury
R.Jefferson
Odom
Okafor

would you?

that's an olympic team. it has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion other to point out that an American olympic squad lost the olympics once.

The day that the Euroleague draws the Lebrons and Kobes and DWades is the day we start crowning the Euroleague champ as World Champions.
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 249

Post#123 » by Curtis Lemansky » Sat May 2, 2009 3:33 pm

heh8me2 wrote:You don't see me crying when people claim whoever wins the Champions League in europe is the best team in the world at soccer do you? You know why? Because the best talent goes to play soccer in Europe and they deserved to be called the best in the world.

A fan can make such claims,but you wont read anywhere where UEFA regards Champions League champions as "World Champion" . They are called simple European Champions .

Every european champion competes in FIFA Club World Championship every year to earn the title of "World Champion".

Also watch out the language.No need to call out people "morons" or stuff like that.
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#124 » by Curtis Lemansky » Sat May 2, 2009 3:42 pm

heh8me2 wrote:that's an olympic team. what does that have to do with calling an NBA team World Champs?

Not to mention that olympic team was put together half-assed

It has something to do with making claims on world championship by not playing and winning but by saying hypothetical stuff like "I don't see any euro league team that could take the three peat lakers or bulls in a 7 game series. "

On paper, a euro team may look very weak to NBA Champ but that doesnt mean they cannot compete and win a game. 2002 World Cup and 2004 Olympics simply prove that. If you compare rosters on paper,you would say USA at least by 20 which didnt turn out to be the case at all.

heh8me2
Junior

Post#125 » by heh8me2 » Sat May 2, 2009 3:45 pm

nostradamus2005 wrote:
heh8me2 wrote:You don't see me crying when people claim whoever wins the Champions League in europe is the best team in the world at soccer do you? You know why? Because the best talent goes to play soccer in Europe and they deserved to be called the best in the world.

A fan can make such claims,but you wont read anywhere where UEFA regards Champions League champions as "World Champion" . They are called simple European Champions .

Every european champion competes in FIFA Club World Championship every year to earn the title of "World Champion".

Also watch out the language.No need to call out people "morons" or stuff like that.

don't tell me to watch my language, I don't need any more people trying to censor my vocabulary, no matter how juvenile it may seem.

You also won't read anywhere in the NBA rulebook that states the NBA champion is the World Champion. Its just something that the fans do because they know there aren't any other teams that can compete with NBA teams. Its just the truth.
heh8me2
Junior

Post#126 » by heh8me2 » Sat May 2, 2009 3:46 pm

nostradamus2005 wrote:
heh8me2 wrote:that's an olympic team. what does that have to do with calling an NBA team World Champs?

Not to mention that olympic team was put together half-assed

It has something to do with making claims on world championship by not playing and winning but by saying hypothetical stuff like "I don't see any euro league team that could take the three peat lakers or bulls in a 7 game series. "

On paper, a euro team may look very weak to NBA Champ but that doesnt mean they cannot compete and win a game. 2002 World Cup and 2004 Olympics simply prove that.

yeah except, the way we choose a champion is very different. We don't just play one game. Sure anyone can win one game. We play 7 game series though and there isn't a team on the planet that could beat the NBA champ in a 7 game series.
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#127 » by Curtis Lemansky » Sat May 2, 2009 3:50 pm

Again another "if" scenario.

Dennis P
Banned User

Post#128 » by Dennis P » Sat May 2, 2009 4:13 pm

talkbasket wrote:I have looked back over numerous threads on real gm this summer, especially ones related to the Olympics, Team USA, and NBA players signing in Europe and many, many, MANY members here said Childress would be Jordan or LeBron in Europe, he would be the league MVP, average 30 points a game, etc. As Jeff Van Gundy put it, there is a lot of revisionist basketball history that goes on with fans these days.

And people saying this really believed it, they would just state that the Euroleague is so far below the NBA, that automatically Childress would be the Jordan or LeBron of the continent.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Maybe he's just going through the motions because he wants to be back in the NBA not the D-Lea... I mean the Euroleague.

I would think Josh is just loving life in Greece right now, it is a beautiful country. Tier two basketball could rank behind just living in Greece.

Pargo just stinks....

I expect Josh to be back where he belongs this year. The D-leag.... I mean the Euro League doesn't suit his game at all.
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#129 » by supaflash » Sat May 2, 2009 6:00 pm

Hey talk basket, try selecting regular season like I said, Woods led both catagories. He's not on the full season list because his team didn't qualify to continue on. So they were a terrible team, doesn't change the fact that a guy who was a terrible NBA player dominated the regular season. Its like saying Kevin Durrant isn't a great player because his team sucked.

Last year 3 of the All Euroleague first team were American scrubs. Langdon was the final four MVP.

Like I siad even these regular season stats are awards are poor indicators becasue they are such small sample sizes. How often have we seen players play great in the NBA for 15-20 games but not be able to sustain it and fade out.

And if you are going to pull out the world championship and olympic defeats you should take those in the context that they happened. We sent a collection of individuals who were in their offseason and thought they could just show up and win. The teams they played had played and practiced together for years in some cases. They weren't teams that were properly constructed (no shooters for a zone for example) and they didn't practice together for nearly long enough to be a true 'team' in the sense of the word. Yes they were cocky and overconfident and it bit them pretty hard. It was some great performances by some country teams from Europe and South America. If they played an NBA playoff team I bet they would have lost to them as well.

It forced us to look at the olympics and world championships in a different light for sure but we all know how that turned out :)

Like I said, it's a good league with a lot of talent, some of which is as good as most any NBA player, but overall its just not as deep as the NBA. There is simply no argument you can make to dispute that so I'm not sure what you are driving at.

If the Euroleague is sooo good, then tell me one thing. Why do the best Euroleague players enter the NBA draft to sign smaller contracts and play a much more grueling schedule in a foreign country?

Its like soccer, our league is decent, but our best still go to Europe to play at the highest level.

Euroleague = MLS
PowerElite
Banned User

Post#130 » by PowerElite » Sat May 2, 2009 6:21 pm

NBAdraft.net is the worst website on the internet. They had Jeff Teague being drafted in the 2nd round a few months ago. Last season they had OJ Mayo not being drafted in the lottery for a good portion of the season. Let's not talk about some of the eventual lottery picks they didn't even have listed in either round. That website is obviously run by people outside of ALL basketball loops whose only access has come from having put up a website that has been administrated regularly and appears at the top of Google searches. If you want the worst disinformation, draftexpress will certainly have it for you to find.
KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#131 » by KWSN-Men » Sat May 2, 2009 8:13 pm

supaflash wrote:Hey talk basket, try selecting regular season like I said, Woods led both catagories. He's not on the full season list because his team didn't qualify to continue on. So they were a terrible team, doesn't change the fact that a guy who was a terrible NBA player dominated the regular season. Its like saying Kevin Durrant isn't a great player because his team sucked.

Last year 3 of the All Euroleague first team were American scrubs. Langdon was the final four MVP.

Like I siad even these regular season stats are awards are poor indicators becasue they are such small sample sizes. How often have we seen players play great in the NBA for 15-20 games but not be able to sustain it and fade out.

And if you are going to pull out the world championship and olympic defeats you should take those in the context that they happened. We sent a collection of individuals who were in their offseason and thought they could just show up and win. The teams they played had played and practiced together for years in some cases. They weren't teams that were properly constructed (no shooters for a zone for example) and they didn't practice together for nearly long enough to be a true 'team' in the sense of the word. Yes they were cocky and overconfident and it bit them pretty hard. It was some great performances by some country teams from Europe and South America. If they played an NBA playoff team I bet they would have lost to them as well.

It forced us to look at the olympics and world championships in a different light for sure but we all know how that turned out :)

Like I said, it's a good league with a lot of talent, some of which is as good as most any NBA player, but overall its just not as deep as the NBA. There is simply no argument you can make to dispute that so I'm not sure what you are driving at.

If the Euroleague is sooo good, then tell me one thing. Why do the best Euroleague players enter the NBA draft to sign smaller contracts and play a much more grueling schedule in a foreign country?

Its like soccer, our league is decent, but our best still go to Europe to play at the highest level.

Euroleague = MLS

Exactly so he did NOT lead the Euroleague in rebounding and blocks. The OFFICIAL stats leaders are Bourousis and Vazquez. So what you posted was false and untrue. You probably didn't think anyone from US would catch it, but actual Euro fans would. The rest of your post reads, EXCUSE EXCUSE EXCUSE.......if a Euro fan said anything similar to reason why they lost the Olympics they would be laughed off the forum by Americans.

Euroleague = MLS :lol:
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#132 » by KWSN-Men » Sat May 2, 2009 8:15 pm

talkbasket wrote:
supaflash wrote:Hey talk basket, try selecting regular season like I said, Woods led both catagories. He's not on the full season list because his team didn't qualify to continue on. So they were a terrible team, doesn't change the fact that a guy who was a terrible NBA player dominated the regular season. Its like saying Kevin Durrant isn't a great player because his team sucked.

Euroleague = MLS

Exactly so he did NOT lead the Euroleague in rebounding and blocks. The OFFICIAL stats leaders are Bourousis and Vazquez. So what you posted was false and untrue. You probably didn't think anyone from US would catch it, but actual Euro fans would. The rest of your post reads, EXCUSE EXCUSE EXCUSE.......if a Euro fan said anything similar to reason why they lost the Olympics they would be laughed off the forum by Americans.

KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#133 » by KWSN-Men » Sat May 2, 2009 8:16 pm

PowerElite wrote:NBAdraft.net is the worst website on the internet. They had Jeff Teague being drafted in the 2nd round a few months ago. Last season they had OJ Mayo not being drafted in the lottery for a good portion of the season. Let's not talk about some of the eventual lottery picks they didn't even have listed in either round. That website is obviously run by people outside of ALL basketball loops whose only access has come from having put up a website that has been administrated regularly and appears at the top of Google searches. If you want the worst disinformation, draftexpress will certainly have it for you to find.

Then how come EVERY Euro fan in this thread agrees that Childress and Pargo sucked this year? "Disinformation", you sir are too much.
Slyk
Junior
And1: 5

Post#134 » by Slyk » Sat May 2, 2009 9:12 pm

You guys are funny :lol:
supaflash
Sixth Man

Post#135 » by supaflash » Sun May 3, 2009 1:53 am

talkbasket wrote:Exactly so he did NOT lead the Euroleague in rebounding and blocks. The OFFICIAL stats leaders are Bourousis and Vazquez. So what you posted was false and untrue. You probably didn't think anyone from US would catch it, but actual Euro fans would. The rest of your post reads, EXCUSE EXCUSE EXCUSE.......if a Euro fan said anything similar to reason why they lost the Olympics they would be laughed off the forum by Americans.

WTF are you on dude, you are seriously stupid. REGULAR SEASON... he led the REGULAR SEASON. You know, kind of how D Wade led the REGULAR SEASON in scoring. Good catch there cheif! No Euro would let that get by! You are a smarty there Sherlock.

Excuse? I said take the victories in 'context'. You know, actually understand the situation that it happened. You put together a random team from Euroleague allstars and send them to the olympics and see how they do. The FACT is the US did not have a true olympic basketball program where they set the roster in advance and met and practiced long before the games like nearly every other country until just recently. Besides World championships and Olympics DOES NOT EQUAL Euroleague. Context my friend, context.

All I hear from you is whining about facts not being true when if fact they were. I still have yet to hear what the ^*%* you are trying to point out here? What is your argument? I still have yet to see you respond to anything I've said.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#136 » by KWSN-Men » Sun May 3, 2009 2:34 am

supaflash wrote:
talkbasket wrote:Exactly so he did NOT lead the Euroleague in rebounding and blocks. The OFFICIAL stats leaders are Bourousis and Vazquez. So what you posted was false and untrue. You probably didn't think anyone from US would catch it, but actual Euro fans would. The rest of your post reads, EXCUSE EXCUSE EXCUSE.......if a Euro fan said anything similar to reason why they lost the Olympics they would be laughed off the forum by Americans.

WTF are you on dude, you are seriously stupid. REGULAR SEASON... he led the REGULAR SEASON. You know, kind of how D Wade led the REGULAR SEASON in scoring. Good catch there cheif! No Euro would let that get by! You are a smarty there Sherlock.

Excuse? I said take the victories in 'context'. You know, actually understand the situation that it happened. You put together a random team from Euroleague allstars and send them to the olympics and see how they do. The FACT is the US did not have a true olympic basketball program where they set the roster in advance and met and practiced long before the games like nearly every other country until just recently. Besides World championships and Olympics DOES NOT EQUAL Euroleague. Context my friend, context.

All I hear from you is whining about facts not being true when if fact they were. I still have yet to hear what the ^*%* you are trying to point out here? What is your argument? I still have yet to see you respond to anything I've said.

You are too much. Leading the Euroleague regular season (you obviously don't even have the slightest clue how the Euroleague season or how the official stats leaders even work) is like leading the first month of the NBA ......wow what an incredible accomplishment and an unofficial one that doesn't even count. Kudos.
supaflash
Sixth Man

Post#137 » by supaflash » Sun May 3, 2009 3:31 am

I understand perfectly how it works, you play a short regular season, then you qualify for some round robin, play a playoff and then the final four single elim. Its not rocket science. By your same logic the stat leaders of the full season are the same as 2 months in the NBA. Which if you pay attention I already addressed. Its not much of a sample to compare to an NBA 82 game season.

Woods' team didn't qualify for the top 16, therefore his stats don't count. But its pretty easy to infer that if they did qualify he would have put up similar stats and most likely lead both catagories for the full season. And the FACT still remains, a basically horrible NBA player dominated your regular season, what do you have to say about that?

And you still haven't made any valid points, you've completely run away from the arguement and point in general.

You sir, are too much.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#138 » by KWSN-Men » Sun May 3, 2009 3:59 am

supaflash wrote:I understand perfectly how it works, you play a short regular season, then you qualify for some round robin, play a playoff and then the final four single elim. Its not rocket science. By your same logic the stat leaders of the full season are the same as 2 months in the NBA. Which if you pay attention I already addressed. Its not much of a sample to compare to an NBA 82 game season.

Woods' team didn't qualify for the top 16, therefore his stats don't count. But its pretty easy to infer that if they did qualify he would have put up similar stats and most likely lead both catagories for the full season. And the FACT still remains, a basically horrible NBA player dominated your regular season, what do you have to say about that?

And you still haven't made any valid points, you've completely run away from the arguement and point in general.

You sir, are too much.

He did NOT lead the Euroleague in rebounding and blocks. It is a FACT he did NOT. Why do you keep repeating that he did? I am sure there is some forum rule against posts like yours. And a guy who played on a team with 2 wins all year "dominated" the Euroleague............... :roll: :lol:
jt142
Rookie

Post#139 » by jt142 » Sun May 3, 2009 9:20 am

Mumbles wrote:EuroLeague: Where the JR Holdens and Lynn Greers go to become stars.

Don't forget about Langdon, Smith, Morris, Thornton, Ford, Brown, Blair, Edney, McIntyre, and Parker just to name a few. :lol:

Juan Carlos Navarro, the reigning Euroleague MVP, really dominated the NBA during his one season stint. :lol:

The Euroleague, because of FIBA rules, isn't even comparable to the NBA. It's like a more mature version of the NCAA.
supaflash
Sixth Man

Post#140 » by supaflash » Sun May 3, 2009 5:28 pm

talkbasket wrote:
He did NOT lead the Euroleague in rebounding and blocks. It is a FACT he did NOT. Why do you keep repeating that he did? I am sure there is some forum rule against posts like yours. And a guy who played on a team with 2 wins all year "dominated" the Euroleague............... :roll: :lol:

http://www.euroleague.net/item/44668

Not only are you stupid but apparently you can't read either.

supaflash wrote: wrote:
Hey talk basket, try selecting regular season like I said, Woods led both catagories. He's not on the full season list because his team didn't qualify to continue on. So they were a terrible team, doesn't change the fact that a guy who was a terrible NBA player dominated the regular season. Its like saying Kevin Durrant isn't a great player because his team sucked.

You still haven't made any point or responded to anything. No use arguing with a moron they just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Peace

Return to International Basketball