Nba comes to Greece

Moderator: THE J0KER

sofoklis
Sophomore
And1: 0

Nba comes to Greece 

Post#1 » by sofoklis » Mon May 11, 2009 9:39 pm

Although there is a global financial crisis, Olympiakos prezident Aggelopoulos didn't lose any money because his buisiness(tanker ships etc) are strong. They will probably keep Josh Childress and sign names like Ron Artest. Iverson manager came to Greece but the prezident of Olympiakos aims for better and younger players. Childress will probably be our sixth player and we will sign 2 big names from nba.(Gordon and Artest probably)
KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Re: Nba comes to Greece 

Post#2 » by KWSN-Men » Mon May 11, 2009 9:42 pm

sofoklis wrote:Although there is a global financial crisis, Olympiakos prezident Aggelopoulos didn't lose any money because his buisiness(tanker ships etc) are strong. They will probably keep Josh Childress and sign names like Ron Artest. Iverson manager came to Greece but the prezident of Olympiakos aims for better and younger players. Childress will probably be our sixth player and we will sign 2 big names from nba.(Gordon and Artest probably)

Yes, these reports are all out there but also are the same ones that Olympiacos will lose Georgios Printezis, Big Sofo, and Ioannis Bourousis all to NBA teams this summer. Honestly, if we want to ever beat Panathinaikos for the Greek championship we better do it this year.
sofoklis
Sophomore

Post#3 » by sofoklis » Mon May 11, 2009 9:51 pm

KWSN-Men wrote:
sofoklis wrote:Although there is a global financial crisis, Olympiakos prezident Aggelopoulos didn't lose any money because his buisiness(tanker ships etc) are strong. They will probably keep Josh Childress and sign names like Ron Artest. Iverson manager came to Greece but the prezident of Olympiakos aims for better and younger players. Childress will probably be our sixth player and we will sign 2 big names from nba.(Gordon and Artest probably)

Yes, these reports are all out there but also are the same ones that Olympiacos will lose Georgios Printezis, Big Sofo, and Ioannis Bourousis all to NBA teams this summer. Honestly, if we want to ever beat Panathinaikos for the Greek championship we better do it this year.

Our team will be like this

1)Papaloukas, Milos
2)Ben Gordon(english passport), Lynn Greer, Halperin
3)Josh Childress, Ron Artest, Vasilopoulos
4)Printezis, Koufos
5)Big Sofo, Bourousis, Vuicic
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#4 » by KWSN-Men » Mon May 11, 2009 9:52 pm

sofoklis wrote:
KWSN-Men wrote:

Our team will be like this

1)Papaloukas, Milos
2)Ben Gordon(english passport), Lynn Greer, Halperin
3)Josh Childress, Ron Artest, Vasilopoulos
4)Printezis, Koufos
5)Big Sofo, Bourousis, Vuicic

I don't know man there are a lot of reports/rumors that Printezis, Bourousis, and Sofo are going to the NBA.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#5 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon May 11, 2009 9:55 pm

:rofl:
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#6 » by That Nicka » Mon May 11, 2009 9:57 pm

cool thread
EwwItsRasho
Senior
And1: 3

Post#7 » by EwwItsRasho » Mon May 11, 2009 10:08 pm

I'll believe it when I see it.
Volcano wrote:Kobe is just a glorified Jamal Crawford. Without Shaq, he wouldn't even be in the NBA. Shaq guided him like a father and breast fed him like a mother.
mr.ankle
Banned User
And1: 57

Post#8 » by mr.ankle » Mon May 11, 2009 10:13 pm

Ben Gordon is not going to Greece
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#9 » by Blame Rasho » Mon May 11, 2009 10:20 pm

I remember you...lol
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#10 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Mon May 11, 2009 10:23 pm

Ben Gordon and Ron Artest?

Well I guess it was only inevitable since LeBron and Kobe have already signed their $50M contracts in Europe.

LeBron, Kobe, Artest, and Gordon should be good enough to win Euroleague. But they might want to add Yao or Howard for some size down low.
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#11 » by BubbaTee » Mon May 11, 2009 10:23 pm

Whatever happened to Kobe going to Greece in exchange for $50 million and getting his face carved into Mt. Olympus?
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#12 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon May 11, 2009 10:30 pm

Sofo looks like he just ate Eddy Curry and still has the craving:

I saved a quote from my favourite Greek poster:

Sedale Threatt wrote:
sofoklis wrote:Big Sofo can kill all your players with 1 hand.

And with the other hand, eat an entire roasted pig slathered in barbecue sauce.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#13 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon May 11, 2009 10:41 pm

lol @ this thread

Didn't Ben Gordon take the qualifying offer from the Bulls in part because he specifically did not want to play in Europe?
sofoklis
Sophomore

Post#14 » by sofoklis » Mon May 11, 2009 11:06 pm

Money can buy everything. Josh Childress earns about 4 million euros each year with no taxes. If Olympiakos offer to Gordon and Artest 10 million euros with no taxes they will come. IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#15 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon May 11, 2009 11:18 pm

As a huge OLY fan, Artest would be awesome to have.

But you guys have fallen into the media trap that occurs every summer.

Artest isn't going anywhere, he wants an NBA ring.
Ben Gordon I could see going to Europe, same with Iverson (not necessarily OLY).

I don't know what Koufos' status with Utah is, so no clue there.

This needs to go into the International section, IMO until we see a legit rumor.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#16 » by Hassassin » Mon May 11, 2009 11:18 pm

sofoklis wrote:Money can buy everything. Josh Childress earns about 4 million euros each year with no taxes. If Olympiakos offer to Gordon and Artest 10 million euros with no taxes they will come. IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY.

Gordon possibly. Artest... I doubt it.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#17 » by Blame Rasho » Mon May 11, 2009 11:21 pm

viewtopic.php?p=17094927#p17094927

sofoklis wrote:Sorry but i have to stop your celebrations. Greece will destroy Usa again. Usa is better than 2006 ,but Greece too(4 old players left and the newcomers are superb players).You may won Lithuania and Turkey(they are weak teams and these were friendly games) but Greece at the proolympic tournament destroyed all teams too.

I keep hearing about Howard strength. Big Sofo is about 100 times stronger. I will not show you how he destroyed Howard and Bosh at 2006. Just watch at 1:44. Howard tries to take the rebound and big Sofo keep him away like he is a weak baby http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YWzVZHv ... re=related

sofoklis wrote:Kaman is a joke. This slow guy is 10 times slower than Sofo(and sofo is 160 kilos) and he isnt something special. Also Germans with Dirk and Kaman were a joke in the proolympic tournament and lost easy from Croatia. At least they qualified

Now Greece destroyed all teams ,although i must admit that the teams were very weak. Even Puerto Rico lost with 30 points. Greece will win the gold medal and Usa and Spain will fight for the silver medal.

Sofo is now 160 kilos and the plan of the team is to go 135 kilos this year. This guy has no problem with his knees and he dunks all the time. He is a beast. The problem is that his stamina is bad because of his weight. He comes from the bench and change the game. Offcource he cant play 40 minutes ,but he can play 20 minutes.

There isnt Dream team anymore. Lebron,Wade,Carmello,Hinrich(lol),Bosh are not something special(only kobe is trully great). You will lose again from Greece ,because Greece has better players and team.

sofoklis wrote:Greece will win again. Greece is even better now. We have changed 4 players and the team is more young and athletic. You have no hope again. Dont understimate European players and especially Greek players. Also Sofo has lost some kilos(160 kilos from 200 kilos) and he will prove again, that nba centers are no match for him. Prepare yourself to see dunks in front of Howard and Bosh.

I am sure that Usa team will be better too(kobe returns) but you will lose again :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=833248&p=17177055#p17177055

sofoklis wrote:I didn't predict Greek win in this forum. So learn to read my posts more carefull.

Also 2006 USA team had Lebron and Wade and Carmello and Paul and Howard and Bosh etc. It's basically the same team(Kobe until now don't play well). Greece made a bad game. We had like 0/8 three points and 25 turnovers!

Also our biggest weapon didn't play for almost a year and he wasn't in good condition. Now tell me how can a fat and slow man be faster than Howard ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Cup9IaqHo

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=844281&st=0&sk=t&sd=a#p17455988

sofoklis wrote:
Josh Childress said few day ago,that Olympiakos can win against many nba teams. Right now Olympiakos budget is around 60+ million dollars. Trust me we have so many great players this year.

Olympiakos 2008-2009 team http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vQAT41yb38

P.S even our cheerleaders are the best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcGZFr-w ... /video.php

Olympiakos is better than most nba teams.

boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#18 » by boogydown » Mon May 11, 2009 11:25 pm

sofoklis wrote:Money can buy everything. Josh Childress earns about 4 million euros each year with no taxes. If Olympiakos offer to Gordon and Artest 10 million euros with no taxes they will come. IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY.

10 million euros = 13.5 million dollars. With endorsements being lost, plus the fact his career will likely be shorter going to Europe, he is likely to receive less over the course of his career by going to Greece.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#19 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon May 11, 2009 11:29 pm

boogydown wrote:

10 million euros = 13.5 million dollars. With endorsements being lost, plus the fact his career will likely be shorter going to Europe, he is likely to receive less over the course of his career by going to Greece.

Not necessarily. I'm curious to see how much money Childress got from Nike alone, let alone other European companies.

As for shortening careers, Childress does constantly state how much of a better team player he's become (when he already was a good one by NBA standards) as his defense has rounded out even more.
Remember, high schoolers are using Europe as a launchpad for the Draft.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#20 » by KWSN-Men » Mon May 11, 2009 11:30 pm

BubbaTee wrote:Whatever happened to Kobe going to Greece in exchange for $50 million and getting his face carved into Mt. Olympus?

Of course Kobe will not leave the NBA. But just so you know the Greek club Olympiacos and the Italian club Milano have both offered him $30 million per year AFTER taxes = to about a $60 million per year NBA contract. There is zero chance he will leave the NBA. ZERO. But those offers are on the table from those two clubs and don't doubt it.

Return to International Basketball