Off Topic VII

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,561

Re: Off Topic VII 

Post#1001 » by fatlever » Tue May 26, 2015 4:55 pm

Snidely FC wrote:Charter looking to buy Time Warner and change the company name to New Charter. Will we be looking at New Charter Arena next season?

Google Fiber can't get here fast enough.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 42,929

Post#1002 » by JDR720 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:57 pm

New Charter is weird.

when can we get a new sponsor for the arena name?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1003 » by fatlever » Tue May 26, 2015 4:59 pm

JDR720 wrote:New Charter is weird.

when can we get a new sponsor for the arena name?

The Air Jordan arena. Make it happen.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,498

Post#1004 » by HornetJail » Tue May 26, 2015 5:10 pm

fatlever wrote:
Snidely FC wrote:Charter looking to buy Time Warner and change the company name to New Charter. Will we be looking at New Charter Arena next season?

Google Fiber can't get here fast enough.

Google Arena sounds great.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
driveandkick
Pro Prospect
And1: 434

Post#1005 » by driveandkick » Wed May 27, 2015 5:57 pm

FIFA getting their **** kicked in, about time
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,035

Post#1006 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu May 28, 2015 3:01 am

Can someone fill me in about all the craziness that happened with FIFA today? Because I know nothing about any of that.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#1007 » by predators » Thu May 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Really condensed version. Pretty much every country has membership into fifa and all of them get one vote. This makes it pretty easy to buy votes for things like the world cup by bribing small island nations, african, and asian countries that don't have a real skin in the competitions but want their world cup payouts, etc. This normally isn't it a big deal when the world cup ends up in countries like South Africa, Brazil, and even Russia. But the Qatari royal family buying the world cup over the U.S. wasn't going to be let go.(We had some really powerful people on our bid) We immediately busted our own FIFA Exec Chuck Blazer for tax evasion who flipped on all the corrupt Execs from the Carribean, Central and South America. Several years later they are finally indicting them all. A lot of these guys were pretty high up in Fifa, so I know they are hoping to flip some of them to get to Blatter and the Qatari bid. There is also a Swiss investigation, but I have no clue about that one. I just can't believe they did all the planning in the U.S. and used the U.S. banking system to do shady deals. That is the only reason we can make the arrests.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1008 » by fatlever » Thu May 28, 2015 4:07 pm

Russia beat out England for 2018 and Qatar beat out US for 2022, that in itself should prove how corrupt the system is.
Lets hope someone does flip in order take down Blatter.
As for the corrupt Concacaf FIFA region (North America, Central America and Caribbean), anyone who has spent a lot of time watching US World Cup qualifying over the past few decades can tell you about the corruption. You've never seen bad officiating like a USA vs Honduras game in Honduras with a Mexican referee.
driveandkick
Pro Prospect

Post#1009 » by driveandkick » Thu May 28, 2015 5:55 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1786/fif ... ID=HP_BN_1

Platini threatens to pull all of UEFA out of future FIFA competitions if Blatter wins re-election
JackPhillie
Junior
And1: 201

Post#1010 » by JackPhillie » Thu May 28, 2015 6:29 pm

EwingSweatsALot wrote:Btw I just want to get this off my chest.

I always thought something was sketchy, but it's been truly confirmed. Eff the effing Duggars.

You aren't the only one, my man.
What's crazy are the people who are defending the guy saying "he's a good dude now so never mind that he diddled his little sisters a while back".

People are cray, bruh.
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#1011 » by BlackOutBuzz » Fri May 29, 2015 2:31 am

@IraHeatBeat
Heat announce home preseason sked: Oct. 4 vs. Charlotte; Oct. 12 vs. San Antonio; and Oct. 21 vs. Washington. Rest of schedule at later date
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 42,929

Post#1012 » by JDR720 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:23 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/604336303883337728[/tweet]
driveandkick
Pro Prospect

Post#1013 » by driveandkick » Fri May 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Well now the question is will the Euros sack up and do what they say they would if this happened?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1014 » by fatlever » Fri May 29, 2015 5:59 pm

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015/5/2 ... on-arrests

An interesting take on why Blatter was re-elected
driveandkick
Pro Prospect

Post#1015 » by driveandkick » Sat May 30, 2015 5:05 am

anyone up watching the USA in the U-20 world cup?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1016 » by fatlever » Sat May 30, 2015 5:08 am

driveandkick wrote:anyone up watching the USA in the U-20 world cup?

I am now. Thanks for the heads up. Sad I missed our U-23 team beat Netherlands today. Wanted to see more Julian Green.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1017 » by fatlever » Sat May 30, 2015 5:18 am

Gedion Zelalem is on. First look as the super hyped prospect. Hyndman also looking good. I don't really know any of the other guys out there.
driveandkick
Pro Prospect

Post#1018 » by driveandkick » Sat May 30, 2015 5:58 am

fatlever wrote:Gedion Zelalem is on. First look as the super hyped prospect. Hyndman also looking good. I don't really know any of the other guys out there.

Zelalem looked like everything he was advertised. Good result, bad display imo. Rubin was head and shoulders above everyone else, he looks ready to be a regular starter on the actual team. I feel like he could offer us something in the attack in the Gold Cup this summer. I like his potential as a second striker, he looks unselfish and he's shown to be a decent finisher. He scored a beautiful goal in amsterdam against Ajax this year.

I feel like Hyndman and Zelalem can be the generals in our midfield for years to come. Idk where their best roles are though. Zelalem looks like a smooth ball mover,kinda like Fabregas. No he will never be the player Fabregas is, I'm just impressed by his vision and quick decision-making when it comes to passing the ball. Can't figure Hyndman out, he made a great run on that goal he scored and a smooth finish. Makes me wonder if he has any potential as a CAM, we really need one. So tired of Jurgen trying to play MB there. MB is a CDM NOT A CAM. Our best CAM's right now are Mix Diskerud and Lee Nguyen.

E: about the U-23's Jordan MOrris is a STUD. Get him out of school and full time into the MLS now. I could see him even shining in Europe in a few seaons. He is the real deal

E2: Apparently Green looked real good on the left wing today. Promising. He had a disastrous loan spell for Hamburg this year, hope he gets a chance and has a strong summer for us. So excited for copa oro
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1019 » by fatlever » Sat May 30, 2015 6:45 am

I had also read that Green was possibly man of the match today in the U-23 game. Thats refreshing because I was just about to give up hope on him, casting him off into the growing pile of hyped attackers for the US that never seem to improve from their teens. I definitely liked what I saw of Morris in the last round of friendlies. Also agree about Mix as the best CAM in the pool right now. Big Mix fan. Bradley needs to be box to box.

I will pay more attention to Rubin.

Cant wait for Gold Cup. PL has only be over for a week and I am already having soccer withdrawal. At least we have CL final next weekend, hoping Juve can pull off the big upset.

In other cool soccer news, I think the Charlotte Independence will be play NE Revolution in Open Cup. I really need to get out to one of their games this summer.
driveandkick
Pro Prospect

Post#1020 » by driveandkick » Sat May 30, 2015 12:58 pm

fatlever wrote:I had also read that Green was possibly man of the match today in the U-23 game. Thats refreshing because I was just about to give up hope on him, casting him off into the growing pile of hyped attackers for the US that never seem to improve from their teens. I definitely liked what I saw of Morris in the last round of friendlies. Also agree about Mix as the best CAM in the pool right now. Big Mix fan. Bradley needs to be box to box.

I will pay more attention to Rubin.

Cant wait for Gold Cup. PL has only be over for a week and I am already having soccer withdrawal. At least we have CL final next weekend, hoping Juve can pull off the big upset.

In other cool soccer news, I think the Charlotte Independence will be play NE Revolution in Open Cup. I really need to get out to one of their games this summer.

I think I'm for Juventus too (can't not love Pirlo) but I'm just glad Real Madrid is out. I don't mind Barca because Messi and Neymar are both likeable imo. Also I still love Suarez, what he did for LFC last year....there aren't words to describe it. Ive never seen a player completely dominate over and over and almost bring the entire team to an unimaginable championship. Kinda like with LeBron with the Cavs I guess. I have no idea when we'll ever have a player of his caliber at Anfield again. Hell, the way we are in the transfer marker right now we never will. We only buy secondary talent and wonder why we're no longer a top team. This leads to new managers every few seasons because none of them can get consistent results. Suarez was the last top class player we bought.

Yeah about the Charlotte Independence. I joined the supporters group early and watch them on YouTube a lot. Haven't been to a game yet cause I just got home a few weeks ago. But they have one June 13 I'm planning on going to.

Return to Charlotte Hornets