ImageImage

NBA ChoK16 - the Rich Cho Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

BobsBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 100

Re: NBA ChoK16 - the Rich Cho Thread 

Post#921 » by BobsBuddy » Sat Jul 4, 2015 3:31 pm

:banghead: :banghead: :noway: :noway: :roll: :roll: Boy,You guys are brutal...Lets stay focused on what trades right Now Cho can make to make us better. We got 12 guareenteed contracts...2 to 3 spots open and the mid level cap 5.5 mil...So what or who next?

Is there a way we could do a 3 way with Indiana where we get Hibbert for 1 year and we ship AL to LAC and Cody to Pacers? :nod:
MKGsMotor
Senior
And1: 207

Post#922 » by MKGsMotor » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:06 pm

BobsBuddy wrote::banghead: :banghead: :noway: :noway: :roll: :roll: Boy,You guys are brutal...Lets stay focused on what trades right Now Cho can make to make us better. We got 12 guareenteed contracts...2 to 3 spots open and the mid level cap 5.5 mil...So what or who next?

Is there a way we could do a 3 way with Indiana where we get Hibbert for 1 year and we ship AL to LAC and Cody to Pacers? :nod:

Not too sure why the Clippers would want to turn Lob City into Blob City
The Lamb flock's vision has come true.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,612

Post#923 » by fatlever » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:13 pm

Fake trades in the Fake Trade thread.

That being said, I wouldn't trade Zeller or Al straight up for Hibbert, let alone both of them... come on.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#924 » by HornetJail » Sun Jul 5, 2015 6:14 pm

fatlever wrote:Fake trades in the Fake Trade thread.

That being said, I wouldn't trade Zeller or Al straight up for Hibbert, let alone both of them... come on.

I would do Al for Hibbert. We have no defense up front right now and Hibbert wouldn't hold the ball in the post for 23.99 seconds.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Post#925 » by Braggins » Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:04 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:OUT:

Cho
Cliff
Al Jefferson

IN:

Ferry
Karl
Al Horford

Yes please.
Cheeze
Junior
And1: 79

Post#926 » by Cheeze » Sun Jul 5, 2015 10:20 pm

Braggins wrote:

Cho
Cliff
Al Jefferson

IN:

Ferry
Karl
Al Horford

Yes please.

MJ just purged the last of his Duke players, so no way Ferry gets hired. But he'd be a terrific add, even with the racist stuff. Contrition does work.

The emotional swing on this board...the polarization of hate against Cho and Clifford, is such great theater. The more the sky is falling for you guys the more I tune in. It's like the Bachelorette but with more dysfunction.

Truth is Cho has managed to recover from the disaster of miscalculating on the Hayward situation, dealing with a hyper-competitive owner, keeping and growing assets moving forward, all the while maintaining fiscal viability. Hate all you want on Al for coming in overweight and Cho for listening to Clifford begging for Lance and for Roberts for suddenly losing his ability to shot, but the analytics show out positive on the moves. Even Marvin was a value guy, though way overpaid. It would have worked if Lance hadn't been such a enormous disaster (who really thought that would happen?) and the squad hadn't had such a fight with injuries to key people for such a big chunk of the season.

I think Cho moves on next summer. I like how he has managed the franchise and made moves with clear deliberation and with a plan in mind. But he's missed too many pitches in the draft and is a personality misfit with the owner. Can't operate from a philosophy of building through the draft if you bow to the whims of His Airness, give up on your draftees and abandon the build mid-stream. Cho has a good, workable plan for a small market franchise, but he has an impatient owner and too little margin for error.

But it'll be fun watching it all burn.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Post#927 » by Braggins » Sun Jul 5, 2015 10:29 pm

Cheeze wrote:
Braggins wrote:

Cho
Cliff
Al Jefferson

IN:

Ferry
Karl
Al Horford

Yes please.

MJ just purged the last of his Duke players, so no way Ferry gets hired. But he'd be a terrific add, even with the racist stuff. Contrition does work.

The emotional swing on this board...the polarization of hate against Cho and Clifford, is such great theater. The more the sky is falling for you guys the more I tune in. It's like the Bachelorette but with more dysfunction.

Truth is Cho has managed to recover from the disaster of miscalculating on the Hayward situation, dealing with a hyper-competitive owner, keeping and growing assets moving forward, all the while maintaining fiscal viability. Hate all you want on Al for coming in overweight and Cho for listening to Clifford begging for Lance and for Roberts for suddenly losing his ability to shot, but the analytics show out positive on the moves. Even Marvin was a value guy, though way overpaid. It would have worked if Lance hadn't been such a enormous disaster (who really thought that would happen?) and the squad hadn't had such a fight with injuries to key people for such a big chunk of the season.

I think Cho moves on next summer. I like how he has managed the franchise and made moves with clear deliberation and with a plan in mind. But he's missed too many pitches in the draft and is a personality misfit with the owner. Can't operate from a philosophy of building through the draft if you bow to the whims of His Airness, give up on your draftees and abandon the build mid-stream. Cho has a good, workable plan for a small market franchise, but he has an impatient owner and too little margin for error.

But it'll be fun watching it all burn.

I was good with Cho before this off-season. If he really is simply bowing to the whims of MJ with these moves then I agree that the hate towards him isn't quite justified, but it is really hard to tell where the decisions in our front office are coming from because they are all over the place. Like Fats pointed out, it seems like Cliff, Cho, and MJ, are just randomly taking turns calling the shots and don't have any kind of cohesive plan.

Clifford and Al are a different story. There really isn't any defense for those two guys imo. It was no secret who Al was when we signed him but that couple months of good play in his first season here has earned him an infinite leash with the front office and some fans. Clifford seemed like he might be good at first, but he was exposed so bad last year.

Honestly, I mostly responded because of how sweet it would be to have Al Horford on this team instead of AL.
therebirth
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Post#928 » by therebirth » Tue Jul 7, 2015 3:19 am

How come cho is not at his usual spot for these summer league games. He doesn't want them discussing his job. He usually is a fixture.
The curse of Higgins!
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,612

Post#929 » by fatlever » Tue Jul 7, 2015 5:21 am

therebirth wrote:How come cho is not at his usual spot for these summer league games. He doesn't want them discussing his job. He usually is a fixture.

Clearly its because he is out in Salt Lake City scouting potential free agents from the Utah Jazz summer league team.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#930 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:45 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/621588910741688320[/tweet]

Not bad.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
Buzzed_Hornet
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#931 » by Buzzed_Hornet » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:37 am

It is time to acquire a rim protector Cho. I'm tired of watching teams run the pick and roll on us only to have an easy layup or wide open 3 when we collapse. Still don't mind Zeller and am high on Frank but we need a rim protector that is not Tyler. The defense is sad but it was predictable coming into this season.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#932 » by HornetJail » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:39 am

Buzzed_Hornet wrote:It is time to acquire a rim protector Cho. I'm tired of watching teams run the pick and roll on us only to have an easy layup or wide open 3 when we collapse. Still don't mind Zeller and am high on Frank but we need a rim protector that is not Tyler. The defense is sad but it was predictable coming into this season.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that our team felt it appropriate to come into the season with Jefferson, Kaminsky, Zeller, Marvin, and Hawes as our rotation bigs.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Buzzed_Hornet
Sophomore

Post#933 » by Buzzed_Hornet » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:42 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
Buzzed_Hornet wrote:It is time to acquire a rim protector Cho. I'm tired of watching teams run the pick and roll on us only to have an easy layup or wide open 3 when we collapse. Still don't mind Zeller and am high on Frank but we need a rim protector that is not Tyler. The defense is sad but it was predictable coming into this season.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that our team felt it appropriate to come into the season with Jefferson, Kaminsky, Zeller, Marvin, and Hawes as our rotation bigs.

I am admittedly a very big Biz homer and can borderline understand letting him go because of offensive issues i guess. But relying on the guy we drafted as a "stretch" 4 to be our primary rim protector is insane to me.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#934 » by HornetJail » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:45 am

Buzzed_Hornet wrote:
MotorKeepsGoing wrote:

I am admittedly a very big Biz homer and can borderline understand letting him go because of offensive issues i guess. But relying on the guy we drafted as a "stretch" 4 to be our primary rim protector is insane to me.

"Offensive issues" haven't stopped us from yanking PJ Hairston from the starting unit. Besides, with Biz setting screens, he's better for the flow of the guard-heavy offense.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Buzzed_Hornet
Sophomore

Post#935 » by Buzzed_Hornet » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:50 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
Buzzed_Hornet wrote:
MotorKeepsGoing wrote:I still can't wrap my head around the fact that our team felt it appropriate to come into the season with Jefferson, Kaminsky, Zeller, Marvin, and Hawes as our rotation bigs.

"Offensive issues" haven't stopped us from yanking PJ Hairston from the starting unit. Besides, with Biz setting screens, he's better for the flow of the guard-heavy offense.

Exactly. Biz screens, or any screen by a legitimately tough big man are sorely missed this year. Buy hey, at least we shoot a lot of threes now right?
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#936 » by Elden Payton » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:51 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
Buzzed_Hornet wrote:
MotorKeepsGoing wrote:I still can't wrap my head around the fact that our team felt it appropriate to come into the season with Jefferson, Kaminsky, Zeller, Marvin, and Hawes as our rotation bigs.

Biz is exactly what Toronto needed and will help them get to the second round imo.

He's exactly what we need and we already had him.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Re: RE: Re: NBA ChoK16 - the Rich Cho Thread 

Post#937 » by yosemiteben » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:05 pm

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:

I feel like you have to ignore stats to come to the conclusion that we haven't had excellent paint defense and defensive rebounding, like we have every year since Cliff has been our coach.
bigbob
Banned User
And1: 52

Re: RE: Re: NBA ChoK16 - the Rich Cho Thread 

Post#938 » by bigbob » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:13 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
MotorKeepsGoing wrote:

I feel like you have to ignore stats to come to the conclusion that we haven't had excellent paint defense.

paint defense?? what paint defense? The game last night, we gave up 8 offensive rebounds to the pelicans. That is EIGHT second chance points, majority of them actually were converted to buckets too. The pels on the other hand only gave up 3 offensive boards. 8 > 3, pels interior D > hornets interior D. Its true some teams don't have amazing rebounders, so we can get away with the rotation of frank, hawes, zeller and marvin protecting the rim, but other teams have highly competent or actually elite rebounders like we saw yesterday with Anthony Davis.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NBA ChoK16 - the Rich Cho Thread 

Post#939 » by yosemiteben » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:15 pm

bigbob wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

I feel like you have to ignore stats to come to the conclusion that we haven't had excellent paint defense.

paint defense?? what paint defense? The game last night, we gave up 8 offensive rebounds to the pelicans. That is EIGHT second chance points, majority of them actually were converted to buckets too. The pels on the other hand only gave up 3 offensive boards. 8 > 3, pels interior D > hornets interior D

The paint defense that gives up the third least number of shots within six feet in the league. The one that is holding teams to a very low FG% on those shots. The paint defense that is still second in the league in defensive rebounding percentage.

80% is an elite defensive rebounding percentage. That means if a team misses 40 shots (like NO did last night), then an elite would still typically give up 8 offensive boards.
bigbob
Banned User
And1: 52

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NBA ChoK16 - the Rich Cho Thread 

Post#940 » by bigbob » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:27 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
bigbob wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:I feel like you have to ignore stats to come to the conclusion that we haven't had excellent paint defense.

paint defense?? what paint defense? The game last night, we gave up 8 offensive rebounds to the pelicans. That is EIGHT second chance points, majority of them actually were converted to buckets too. The pels on the other hand only gave up 3 offensive boards. 8 > 3, pels interior D > hornets interior D

The paint defense that gives up the third least number of shots within six feet in the league. The one that is holding teams to a very low FG% on those shots. The paint defense that is still second in the league in defensive rebounding percentage.

Well, when you have 2 or 3 7 footers constantly flooding the paint you can get those kind of stats against teams who don't have competent interior D in the first place. Elite rebounders are a rare breed in the nba, and facing off against a team who has one or two will quickly expose gaps/ weaknesses in your "meat" armor around the paint. It was what we witnessed against the Raptors, when Bismack was hammering us, it was what we saw against the knicks and porzingis, the thunder and steven adams/durant, the Clippers and DJ, the pelicans last night with some bench player named Gee who was having an awesome night, the rockets with dwight howard.

Return to Charlotte Hornets