Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Hornets TV Coverage in NC/SC 

Post#1 » by fatlever » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:25 pm

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell

SportSouth will again televise all 82 regular-season #bobcats games. Martin-Curry-Ready return as TV team.

basically, exact same as last year. hopefully some more local cable carriers around NC/SC picked up the bobcats this year, but i doubt it.

what is the bobcats TV situation in your area? chime in.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Re: Bobcats TV News 

Post#2 » by fatlever » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:27 pm

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/sportsouth-t ... cats-games

SportSouth to Televise All 82 Charlotte Bobcats Games
Games to be Seen in More than 2.8 Million Households, a 50% Increase from 2011-12 NBA Season
September 19, 2012

SportSouth today announced the network will televise all 82 regular-season games of the Charlotte Bobcats 2012-13 NBA season, all in high definition. Bobcats games will be seen on SportSouth in more than 2.8 million households throughout North and South Carolina, a 50% increase in household distribution from 2011-12. SportSouth is in its fifth year as the Bobcats’ regional television partner.

Former Charlotte Hornets standout Dell Curry returns to the SportSouth broadcast team for his fourth year with play-by-play announcer Steve Martin, a broadcaster for more than 25 years, and courtside reporter Stephanie Ready, entering her ninth year with the Bobcats. In addition to game telecasts, Martin, Curry and Ready will co-host Bobcats LIVE expanded pre- and post-game coverage for all 82 game telecasts.

The Charlotte Bobcats will also be featured in the second episode of FOX Sports Carolina’s new original series DRIVEN, on September 22 at 10 p.m. ET (FSCR). DRIVEN: Tougher Faster Stronger, The 2012 Bobcats Draft, gives fans an all access look at the Bobcats 2012 draft, from draft lottery night in New York City, to Charlotte, where Michael Jordan, Rod Higgins and the Bobcats front office learn their draft fate with some of their most loyal fans. FOX Sports Carolinas had exclusive access inside the Bobcats war room, and captured every moment as the front office debated their choice right up until the selection of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Kentucky) with the #2 pick and Jeffery Taylor (Vanderbilt) with the #31 pick. In Newark, FOX Sports Carolinas cameras followed Kidd-Gilchrist after he was selected and captured his first conversation with Michael Jordan in a phone call. The day after the draft, the crew travelled Charlotte to see Kidd-Gilchrist and Taylor tour the facility and meet the media, putting the close on a hectic stretch for the team in which they hired a coach and selected their draft players all in a seven day period.

The FOX Sports regional networks serving the Southeast – SportSouth, FOX Sports Carolinas, FOX Sports South, and FOX Sports Tennessee collectively reach more than 12.9 million cable and satellite households in seven states across the Southeast. They are the television home of the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks, Carolina Hurricanes, Charlotte Bobcats, Memphis Grizzlies and Nashville Predators, as well as the Atlantic Coast Conference, Conference USA, Southeastern Conference, and Big 12 Conference, and offer expanded coverage of the University of South Carolina, University of Kentucky, and University of Tennessee. Combined, the four networks produce more than 800 live local events each year.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#3 » by fatlever » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:29 pm

this article says a 50% increase in coverage compared to last season. does anyone have an idea of what new markets will be able to view games?
Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Post#4 » by Kembastockton » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:40 pm

fatlever wrote:http://www.nba.com/bobcats/sportsouth-televise-all-82-charlotte-bobcats-games

SportSouth to Televise All 82 Charlotte Bobcats Games
Games to be Seen in More than 2.8 Million Households, a 50% Increase from 2011-12 NBA Season
September 19, 2012

SportSouth today announced the network will televise all 82 regular-season games of the Charlotte Bobcats 2012-13 NBA season, all in high definition. Bobcats games will be seen on SportSouth in more than 2.8 million households throughout North and South Carolina, a 50% increase in household distribution from 2011-12. SportSouth is in its fifth year as the Bobcats’ regional television partner.

Former Charlotte Hornets standout Dell Curry returns to the SportSouth broadcast team for his fourth year with play-by-play announcer Steve Martin, a broadcaster for more than 25 years, and courtside reporter Stephanie Ready, entering her ninth year with the Bobcats. In addition to game telecasts, Martin, Curry and Ready will co-host Bobcats LIVE expanded pre- and post-game coverage for all 82 game telecasts.

The Charlotte Bobcats will also be featured in the second episode of FOX Sports Carolina’s new original series DRIVEN, on September 22 at 10 p.m. ET (FSCR). DRIVEN: Tougher Faster Stronger, The 2012 Bobcats Draft, gives fans an all access look at the Bobcats 2012 draft, from draft lottery night in New York City, to Charlotte, where Michael Jordan, Rod Higgins and the Bobcats front office learn their draft fate with some of their most loyal fans. FOX Sports Carolinas had exclusive access inside the Bobcats war room, and captured every moment as the front office debated their choice right up until the selection of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Kentucky) with the #2 pick and Jeffery Taylor (Vanderbilt) with the #31 pick. In Newark, FOX Sports Carolinas cameras followed Kidd-Gilchrist after he was selected and captured his first conversation with Michael Jordan in a phone call. The day after the draft, the crew travelled Charlotte to see Kidd-Gilchrist and Taylor tour the facility and meet the media, putting the close on a hectic stretch for the team in which they hired a coach and selected their draft players all in a seven day period.

The FOX Sports regional networks serving the Southeast – SportSouth, FOX Sports Carolinas, FOX Sports South, and FOX Sports Tennessee collectively reach more than 12.9 million cable and satellite households in seven states across the Southeast. They are the television home of the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks, Carolina Hurricanes, Charlotte Bobcats, Memphis Grizzlies and Nashville Predators, as well as the Atlantic Coast Conference, Conference USA, Southeastern Conference, and Big 12 Conference, and offer expanded coverage of the University of th Carolina, University of Kentucky, and University of Tennessee. Combined, the four networks produce more than 800 live local events each year.

ALL 82 GAMES! WOOHOO!

:rockon:
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#5 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:08 pm

I was reading somewhere, where they stated it will reach an additional 1 million homes.

Of course I will look forward to watching a game on FOX through Charter only to see something stupid like boat racing on instead.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#6 » by HornetJail » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:16 pm

Hoping I'll be able to watch on USC cable. I won't get my hopes up though.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#7 » by Diop » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:46 am

fatlever wrote:

I think I will be watching "frontrow" if you know what I mean

Apart from online viewing you would be lucky to see a Bobcat game in Oz. Maybe when they play at LA or Miami.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#8 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:11 am

Sachmo wrote:
fatlever wrote:

Apart from online viewing you would be lucky to see a Bobcat game in Oz. Maybe when they play at LA or Miami.

lol you and me both
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Kembastockton

Post#9 » by Kembastockton » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Up here in Durham I have felt blessed to see at least 10 games every season. With the facts that all 82 will be broadcasted and I now have a DVR I hope to see at least half of them this season. I also plan to be in the house when we face Miami up here in the PCN Arena or whatever they call that thing these days.
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#10 » by LamarMatic7 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Sachmo wrote:
fatlever wrote:

Yep, I'm sure I'll get first row tickets for the whole season as well.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#11 » by fatlever » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:56 pm

happy to read that our fave lady steph ready will be back this year. she might have some stiff competition in our hearts this year from bobcats social media new-comer eryn gradwell.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Post#12 » by SWedd523 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Oh things are definitely going to get stiff
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#13 » by HornetJail » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:09 pm

:lol:
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
COURTSIDE 93
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#14 » by COURTSIDE 93 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

Still going to be taking a front row seat.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#15 » by fatlever » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:49 pm

not really TV news, but i got my tickets yesterday.
hotrod
Veteran
And1: 150

Post#16 » by hotrod » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:50 pm

fatlever wrote:not really TV news, but i got my tickets yesterday.

Me too. First game a week from today!
Kembastockton

Post#17 » by Kembastockton » Mon Oct 1, 2012 3:33 pm

Glad you guys mentioned that. Let me go right ahead over to PNC.com and score my tickets for this Raleigh game.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#18 » by Walt Cronkite » Mon Oct 1, 2012 11:54 pm

Was retreading the NOISE thread. How far we've come.
Marino
Pro Prospect
And1: 166

Post#19 » by Marino » Tue Oct 2, 2012 5:03 am

MountBiyombo wrote:Up here in Durham I have felt blessed to see at least 10 games every season. With the facts that all 82 will be broadcasted and I now have a DVR I hope to see at least half of them this season. I also plan to be in the house when we face Miami up here in the PCN Arena or whatever they call that thing these days.

So all 82 games can be seen now in Durham? This makes me happy, I just moved up here and was worried about that.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#20 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Oct 2, 2012 5:41 am

Hopefully Charter will show the games.

Return to Charlotte Hornets