JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,147

Re: Off Topic V 

Post#121 » by JMAC3 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:15 am

SWedd523 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/fba/tools/draftrecap?leagueId=176650

My Team is Air Ballas

How do you guys think I did. My last three picks were autopicked.

You were in a bad draft slot. If I don't get a top 4ish pick, I like to be towards the bottom so I can pick up a guy who fell. That said, your first two picks were the guys I probably would have gone with.

Paul Pierce in round 3 is meh for me. I tend to stay away from old guys and don't like to take SG/SFs so highly in fantasy drafts. I would have gone with a guy like Gortat, Parker, or taken a flyer on Davis.

Iggy is one of the better all-around fantasy wings so it's hard to fault taking him in the 4th, but it makes the Pierce pick redundant and now you've missed out on a second high tier point or big. Millsap/Noah/Randolph/Pekovic would have been my targets (and I'd try and trade Pierce for one of them).

Lillard in the 5th and MKG in the 6th have potential to be really good or really meh. Probably don't want him to be your second PG taken though--and Pekovic was still available. And MKG makes your third wing in a system where they're not valued as highly.

Nelson in the 7th is another hard to gauge pick. He has the opportunity to put up bigger numbers, but with the lack of talent, you wonder if he can actually do it. I might have taken a flyer on DeAndre Jordan.

Glen Davis might be a sneaky good pick. He did really well last year when Dwight went down, and if he carries that forward you'll get a great pick. If he starts off fast, try and move him to maximize his potential. Asik and Bismack were possibilities for their shot blocking potential.

Dalembert is meh, solid production, hard to fault it because he's a steady player but I would've gone for a younuger guy like Hickson or Favors for their upside potential.

Ariza is solid production, but yet another wing. I honestly would have taken Rubio and stashed him as trade bait (or just kept him) until the future but you could've done worse

Augustin... again would have gone for Rubio and I really don't like Auugustin as a fantasy option.

Great pick getting Parsons this late

Rush is hard to gauge. If he gets minutes you'll be happy, but he's going up against Barnes so it's hard to tell

Sucks you missed Drummond by two picks but Zeller could be productive if he carves out some minutes

Personally don't like Diaw so I wouldn't have drafted him but he does have some value if he truly got back in better shape.

Overall you did pretty good for where you were picking. 6 SF eligible guys is far too many though and I'd try and swing a trade getting some of them out for another PG or big. Don't want you to think I'm nitpicking or anything, just adding some input because you asked :wink:

Really do appreciate the feedback. I agree I should of tried to grab quality bigs early, but I think I got caught up taking BPA in my eyes. I didn't really like my last three picks and all three were autopicked. I am going to try and snag Nate Robinson and Robin Lopez off waivers and drop Rush and Diaw.

In a 14 team league I was concerned with getting guys who could score, because I figured it would be easier to get reserves who do other things well then score. I focused on getting guys who could help me with steals and assists as I want to be able to win those categories on a week to week basis. Also tried to avoid really poor free throw shooters. Plus I think I will be competitive in three pointers.I admit I grabbed quite a few wings, but they all rebound pretty well and can put up solid assist numbers.

Augustin has been putting up big assist numbers in preseason and I could see him playing more then expected and sliding Hill to the 2, and George to the 3 for long stretches. I think Nelson and Davis could be a really good tandem to own just because Magic will have to tranform themselves. Nelson is pretty much the only playmaker so I figure his assists will be high. Lillard is my super sleeper as I think he could just go nuts in points, assists, and three pointers. He has plenty of good shooters around him in Portland.

I am currently trying to make a deal for Michael Beasley, but he turned down my Ariza and Augustin deal.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,165

Post#122 » by SWedd523 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:37 am

Sachmo wrote:I would hate to live in a place where I felt like I had to carry a gun.

Probably too busy worrying about all the man eating spiders, snakes, and crocs to bother with each other
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,743

Post#123 » by Diop » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:39 am

dont forget the drop bears
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,165

Post#124 » by SWedd523 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:50 am

And aren't all of the people in Australia criminals anyway? No wonder y'all get along so well
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#125 » by HornetJail » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:37 pm

fatlever wrote:there is a thread on the GB about the rockets that has spurred 9 suspensions in only 4 pages, including charlotte 77.

i can't stress this enough fellas, if you go on the GB you better be on your best behavior and stick only to basketball and nothing but basketball. they are not messing around on that board. we have such a small fanbase, we can't afford to lose everyone due to making snide comments on the GB.

I have no clue what I did to derail or bait in that thread, and there's no way of finding out since all my post says is "derailing/baiting" without any other kind of explanation. Emailed the board and everything asking what I did. That's fine, didn't expect a response anyway.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,464

Post#126 » by KembaWalker » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:50 pm

yeah I was loling @ that thread with all the suspensions. I guess you only got a 12 hour or something? those mods are just getting out of control. probably better off not being able to post on the GB anymore. derailing happens in almost every thread, but if its one that a particular mod has taken an interest in youre in pretty big danger even trying to post in it. the lack of consistency is apalling. you'll have one thread where theres tons of people saying "lol op is (Please Use More Appropriate Word)" or posting gifs and nothing happens, then another thread where people are getting suspended for basically nothing
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#127 » by HornetJail » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:57 pm

They don't even surprise me anymore. I'm just disappointed they're turning a forum that is great for NBA discussion into a place that you want to avoid because there are random times when mods ban every second guy to post in a certain thread.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#128 » by fatlever » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:19 pm

biz and taylor dressed up for halloween

http://instagram.com/p/RaurQiPS7K/
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#129 » by doc.end » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:36 pm

There is a thread on GB with Spurs one. Great pics, especially Stephen Jackson as Joker is just something else.

Here it is viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1210436 Notice Parker wearing an eyepatch to the night club! and among all those cartoon heroes a very convincing Tim Duncan.
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#130 » by LamarMatic7 » Thu Nov 1, 2012 10:13 pm

Not sure if anybody will find this interesting, but anyway - I'm waiting for the Spurs - Thunder game and watching an '03 match-up between the Hawks and Cavs. And there are a whole lot of guys that will end up with the Bobcats later on.

Stephen Jackson and Ricky Davis - two knuckleheads going at it. A very slim 6'8" Boris Diaw (who just made a putback dunk. yep, you read it correctly) manning the point forward spot against Paul Silas's point forward in LeBron James. Gana Diop's out with some knee injury.

Plus, some guys like Jason Terry and Carlos Boozer at the start of their careers make it even more interesting in retrospect. Shareef Abdur Rahim's going for a 40 point night...
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#131 » by fatlever » Fri Nov 2, 2012 2:34 am

was nazr on that hawks team as well?
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#132 » by LamarMatic7 » Fri Nov 2, 2012 10:35 am

fatlever wrote:was nazr on that hawks team as well?

oh yeah, forgot to mention Nazr.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#133 » by Walt Cronkite » Wed Nov 7, 2012 6:00 am

Yay
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#134 » by Diop » Wed Nov 7, 2012 6:29 am

so how many of your stoners are moving to Colorado now??
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#135 » by James Gatz » Wed Nov 7, 2012 7:27 am

Sachmo wrote:so how many of your stoners are moving to Colorado now??

I'll visit once it's officially up and going.
thesneakysneak
Pro Prospect
And1: 272

Post#136 » by thesneakysneak » Wed Nov 7, 2012 11:30 am

Are there any type of details as to what constitutes rec usage? There were laws like this in Canberra, not sure if they still exist, but it was something like two plants of certain height allowed per household, or something dodgy like that. I haven't smoked since I was a teenager but still interested in how the law will develop for you over there.
I like fish
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#137 » by Diop » Wed Nov 7, 2012 12:03 pm

I've only read online,but I believe they have a limit of 1 ounce
thesneakysneak
Pro Prospect
And1: 272

Post#138 » by thesneakysneak » Wed Nov 7, 2012 12:45 pm

That is a good chunk of weed, no?
I just found this:

Under the recreational marijuana measures in Colorado and Washington, personal possession of up to 28.5 grams of the drug would be legal for anyone at least 21 years of age.

Oregon's initiative would have legalised possession of unlimited amounts of marijuana for recreational use.

All three proposals also would permit cannabis to be legally sold and taxed at state-licensed stores in a system modelled on alcohol regulation.

The Colorado measure will allow personal cultivation of up to six marijuana plants, but "grow-your-own" pot would be banned in Washington state.
I like fish
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#139 » by James Gatz » Wed Nov 7, 2012 3:57 pm

That is a good chunk of weed, no?

Yeah an oz is a lot of marijuana. I'm glad the measure got passed in two states. It'll be really interesting to see how this all plays out. If successful you'll see more and more states legalizing. If it falls it will set back the whole process a number of years.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#140 » by fatlever » Wed Nov 7, 2012 6:45 pm

very happy to see more states passing laws like this. i am 100% in favor of legalization, yet i dont smoke (not in past 15 years).

don't get me started on the conspiracies against weed from back in the 30s - present.

Return to Charlotte Hornets