Analyst
And1: 1,234

Re: Get to know your fellow Charlotte fans 

Post#321 » by Joest2003 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:53 am

Age? 25

Location? Hartford, Connecticut

Profession? Marketing

Level of basketball? Street Ball

Compare your game to current/former Bobcat? DJ Augistine, Small and quick.

Why did you become a Bobcats fan? Diehard UCONN fan so started watching when Kemba got drafted then they ended up growing on me slowly, now I rarely miss a game on league pass and travel to NY, Boston and Philly to see Bobcat/Hornet games when I can.

Favorite piece of Bobcats history, relevant or irrelevant? Making the playoffs last year was my best memory so far.

Favorite Bobcat of all-time? Kemba, his passion for the game is infectious and he has the most heart I seen in any athlete in a long time.

Favorite other NBA players of all-time? Kemba again, here in CT we have no NBA home team so UCONN is all we have and he brought us to a championship with the team strapped to his back.

If you didn’t support the Bobcats what NBA team would you support? Thunder, fell in love with KDs game his rookie season and once again there is no home team here so I started following the Thunder a little bit.

Other sports played growing up? Soccer and Ice Hockey.

What other sports teams to you support? NY Giants and Yankees.

Hobbies? Playing Baketball and haning out with friends.

Favorite music? Used to be hip hop untill it turned into garbage so now I like alternative.
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#322 » by Bravenewworld » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Thunder fan here.
I think im switching my Eastern bandwagoning from the Pacers to the Hornets. I stayed with the Pacers through thick and thin (adopted them when JO was drafted as my new NBA team- Jazz previously- obviously all before we got a team) for around 15 years but now i think its time to move on. The Hornets got their name back, they have a very interesting team prior to Stephenson and Lance simply gives them this defensive edge that im not sure any eastern team can compete with. With Stephensons determination and drive, i think this team could easily make the ECFs this year and maybe the Finals next season.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#323 » by HornetJail » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:07 pm

Bravenewworld wrote:Thunder fan here.
I think im switching my Eastern bandwagoning from the Pacers to the Hornets. I stayed with the Pacers through thick and thin (adopted them when JO was drafted as my new NBA team- Jazz previously- obviously all before we got a team) for around 15 years but now i think its time to move on. The Hornets got their name back, they have a very interesting team prior to Stephenson and Lance simply gives them this defensive edge that im not sure any eastern team can compete with. With Stephensons determination and drive, i think this team could easily make the ECFs this year and maybe the Finals next season.

Woah slow down there lol :lol:

First off, welcome to the board. We welcome fans of all teams here, even the bandwagoners. (When was the last time I've ever been able to say that about a Charlotte team?)

As for the team this year, ECF is definitely a lofty goal- one that is technically possible if Lebron's two main teammates continue to blow on defense and be black holes on offense, and Chicago suffers injuries, and none of Washington, Toronto, and Atlanta progress like they are capable of, while we make major strides all across the board. The stars would really have to align for us. I think we were a regular season loss away from a 2nd round appearance last season (damn I wanted to knock off Toronto so bad!) and I think we'll be a top 5 team in the East this year if we're healthy, without a doubt.

The way this team is progressing, we've got a chance to be really really good, pretty soon and I'll hope you'll be along for the ride! :D
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#324 » by fatlever » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:39 pm

welcome aboard braven
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#325 » by Bravenewworld » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:40 pm

BizGilwalker wrote:
Bravenewworld wrote:Thunder fan here.

Woah slow down there lol :lol:

First off, welcome to the board. We welcome fans of all teams here, even the bandwagoners. (When was the last time I've ever been able to say that about a Charlotte team?)

As for the team this year, ECF is definitely a lofty goal- one that is technically possible if Lebron's two main teammates continue to blow on defense and be black holes on offense, and Chicago suffers injuries, and none of Washington, Toronto, and Atlanta progress like they are capable of, while we make major strides all across the board. The stars would really have to align for us. I think we were a regular season loss away from a 2nd round appearance last season (damn I wanted to knock off Toronto so bad!) and I think we'll be a top 5 team in the East this year if we're healthy, without a doubt.

The way this team is progressing, we've got a chance to be really really good, pretty soon and I'll hope you'll be along for the ride! :D

Thank you for the welcome.

It is the East we are talking about here, lets not forget like 3 teams "accidently" made the play offs last year in the east. I always pick four teams that i feel have a legitimate shot at the conference finals, obviously their chances vary per team. But in the East this upcoming year i have Heat, Cavs, Wizards and Hornets.

Pacers wont be a ECF factor this up coming season. Although i think this is a good year to pick Roy Hibbert if you have a top 5 pick in fantasy.

I don't buy the Cavs as contenders just yet. These guys just have glaring defensive issues.

The Heat are contingent on Wade's health. Even without Wade i think they could do some damage in the PO's, picking up Granger and Deng was a very good move. But without the refs giving Wade his no-calls, they wont go to the Finals.

The Bulls are contingent on Rose's health. At this point i need Rose to be healthy for a season before i put any weight and trust on this Bulls team. I think they are really going to feel what Boozer and Deng did for that team this year though.

Wizards and Hornets are the two most solid i guess, rising teams. Not only can we add in the experience gained for these young players from last season, but with the Hornets obviously Stephenson who is an invaluable pick up that gives them defense, offense and drive. This potentially makes them the best defensive team in the east outside of maybe the Bulls?

Detroit will obviously be some where in the mix this or next season, although they have guard issues to deal with before anything can happen.
9dime
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#326 » by 9dime » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:19 am

Age? 28
Location? Fayetteville NC
Profession? Management
What did you study (or are you studying)? business management
Level of basketball? high school / street ball legend
Compare your game to current/former Bobcat? lance/captin jack
Why did you become a Bobcats fan? anything NC or Maryland
Favorite piece of Bobcats history, relevant or irrelevant? last years surprise team
What does your screen name mean? 910 area code
Favorite Bobcat of all-time? crash
Favorite other NBA players of all time? mj, ai, tmac, Kobe, Gary Payton, Shaq, Barkley, kg, too many
If you didn’t support the Bobcats what NBA team would you support? bulls
Other sports played growing up? football baseball
What other sports teams to you support?panthers, ravens, orioles, unc, Maryland
Hobbies? basketball, gym
Favorite music? hip hop, r n b, house music
Favorite TV shows/movies? scandal, game of thrones, walking dead, breaking bad
Tattoos (how many, where)? 10 chest, back, arms
Your dream team of hot chicks? Beyonce, Kari Washington, too many
Other sites you visit to waste time (SFW? alot of sports sites

Add your own questions[/quote]
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#327 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Age? 39
Location? New Bern, NC (my home is in Matthews, NC - 20 minutes from the arena)
Profession? Nutrition
What did you study (or are you studying)? BS Education + BS Nutrition, Dietetic Technician Registered (DTR) and working on MS in Nutrition and applying for RD internship
Level of basketball? I would have made middle school team as 7th grader but we couldn't afford shoes and I felt embarrassed, plus I didn't yet have hair under my pits. I'm in pretty damn good shape now and can hold my own against skilled guys in their early 20's who played high school ball.
Why did you become a Hornets fan? I moved to Charlotte in 1999. My first game was Game 4 against the Ray Allen Bucks in the old arena. I had lower level seats and it kind of went from there. Ray Allen hit a buzzer beater. If he misses that shot, I thought we had a Eastern Conference championship team.
Favorite piece of Hornets history, relevant or irrelevant? The drafting of Kemba Walker and Shabazz Napier
What does your screen name mean? Ichiro is a Yankee, I was born in Yankee territory of CT and Ichiro was always my favorite player outside the Yankees.
Favorite Hornet of all-time? Kemba Walker
Favorite other NBA players of all-time? Allen Iverson - I've watched a lot of old-school Big East basketball
If you didn’t support the Hornets what NBA team would you support? Celtics - They were my first team and I remember locally televised games in CT with Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parish vs. Laker teams with Magic Johnson, James Worthy and a really old Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
Other sports played growing up? varsity soccer
What other sports teams to you support? Yankees, UConn Huskies BB, I used to follow the Hartford Whalers before they became the Carolina Hurricanes
Hobbies? Crossfit, anything outdoors
Favorite music? 90's, rock and alternative
Favorite TV shows/movies? Weird Science, Daily Show, Colbert Report
Tattoos (how many, where)? half sleeves on each forearm and one on each shoulder. Oh yeah, and one on the side of my neck.
Your dream team of hot chicks? Rachel McAdams, Jessica Alba, Alissa Milano, Natalie Portman, Katie Holmes (I need a center)
Other sites you visit to waste time (SFW)? deactivated my FB, have a Twitter, ESPN
It has been written...
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#328 » by BigSlam » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:14 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Your dream team of hot chicks? Rachel McAdams, Jessica Alba, Alissa Milano, Natalie Portman, Katie Holmes (I need a center)

That's a solid line up IMO.
B B M F 'ers
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#329 » by Braggins » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:04 am

Joest2003 wrote:Why did you become a Bobcats fan? Diehard UCONN fan so started watching when Kemba got drafted then they ended up growing on me slowly, now I rarely miss a game on league pass and travel to NY, Boston and Philly to see Bobcat/Hornet games when I can.

Favorite Bobcat of all-time? Kemba, his passion for the game is infectious and he has the most heart I seen in any athlete in a long time.

Favorite other NBA players of all-time? Kemba again, here in CT we have no NBA home team so UCONN is all we have and he brought us to a championship with the team strapped to his back.

You'll fit in nicely on this board. Literally like half the people on here (including myself) became fans of this team because of our infatuation with Kemba Hudley Walker. It also helped that for a while like a 1/3 of our roster were UConn players.
riversupremo
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#330 » by riversupremo » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Hey guys. I'm a first-time poster, long time lurker and long time Charlotte Hornets fan. I had an account before (back around 2001-ish?) and posted a bit, but mostly, I have been pretty much just lurking. But now that the team is officially back, I figured it would be a good time to jump in.

I'll answer some of the questions, but the most interesting thing about me is that I'm one of the handful of diehard Charlotte Hornets fan from the Philippines. (Actually, I'm probably the only Hornets fan in the Philippines. I'm just holding on to hope that there are others out there.)

Anyway, I hope to be more active this time and talk basketball with other Hornets fans.
---
Location? Philippines!

Why did you become a Hornets fan?

I have no idea, but it was sometime around '93-'94, I was a kid watching some TV and it was the Hornets against Jordan. I'd naturally gravitate towards underdogs, and I guess I just started rooting for them and that was that.

From then on, I would religiously follow their schedule/standings (newspapers then, no internet,) catch replays during the evening and pray that they win, and collect as much memorabilia as possible (I lost my jerseys, caps, and a replica locker over the years, but I still have a decades old coffee mug and a bunch of LJ/Zo trading cards encased in glass/plastic covers.)

Favorite piece of Hornets history, relevant or irrelevant?
LJ/Zo/Bogues era, definitely. Playoffs against the Bulls. Dell Curry winning 6th man of the year. Closely followed by Mashburn/Davis years, then finally, Paul/Chandler. After that, they didn't really feel like the Hornets anymore.

I've always followed the original team and history, so I haven't really been following the Bobcats. Really looking forward to getting to know this team, though.

Favorite Hornet of all-time?
Larry Johnson. Followed by Zo, then, Mashburn.

Favorite other NBA players of all-time?
Of all-time? Grant Hill. Reggie Miller. Manu. Yao Ming. Uh, Eric Snow. Tyson Chandler. And Dirk!

If you didn’t support the Hornets what NBA team would you support?
I still sort of follow teams/players that had ties to the original Hornets. The Pelicans and to an extent, OKC. I also keep tabs on teams with former Hornets (Paul with LAC, Tyson with DAL).

But if it's a team with no Hornets connection, it'll probably be another team with that underdog quality. I'd say the Grizzlies. I love how they are built now and I love watching them play.

What other sports teams to you support?
Different sport? I don't follow football as much, but I like the 49ers. I watch a lot of MMA, but I don't know if that counts.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#331 » by BigSlam » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:12 pm

welcome to the board riversupremo. Hope to see you in tonights game thread Vs the Warriors.
B B M F 'ers
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,081

Post#332 » by JDR720 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:51 pm

Welcome to the Hornets board riversupremo :)
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#333 » by fatlever » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:40 pm

riversupremo, you will be happy to know that you are not alone. we have another regular, long-time poster and die-hard hornets fan from the philippines. his name is -ian-.

where about are you in the philippines? are you near the capital region - manila? makati? quezon city? or in one of the other 7000 islands?
riversupremo
Ballboy

Post#334 » by riversupremo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:19 pm

fatlever: wow, I'm seriously amazed that there's another Filipino Hornets fan here in RealGM. That's great, hope to bump into him sometime. I'm from Paranaque, a suburbs kind of area south of Manila. It's pretty cool that you seem to be familiar with the Philippines! I'm guessing you've been here?

Anyway, thanks for the welcome, guys. I wasn't able to watch the game today (and it looks like I missed out on a bloodbath,) but I'll chime in next time for sure.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#335 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:43 pm

riversupremo wrote:Anyway, thanks for the welcome, guys. I wasn't able to watch the game today (and it looks like I missed out on a bloodbath,) but I'll chime in next time for sure.

That's probably for the best. Anytime we put on a great performance, the game threads are a ton of fun and everyone's hyped but in games like last night's half the board is on suicide watch :lol:

Always great to have new guys here. Hope to see you in some game threads in the future
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#336 » by fatlever » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:52 pm

riversupremo wrote:fatlever: wow, I'm seriously amazed that there's another Filipino Hornets fan here in RealGM. That's great, hope to bump into him sometime. I'm from Paranaque, a suburbs kind of area south of Manila. It's pretty cool that you seem to be familiar with the Philippines! I'm guessing you've been here?

i dont travel much, i'm just a huge geography nerd. it was my major in college.
riversupremo
Ballboy

Post#337 » by riversupremo » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:20 pm

fat: Oh, cool. Well, if you get the chance to visit, all you need to know is that there' s not much in Manila, but our beaches are awesome, and pretty much everyone will chat you up if you talk basketball!

Biz: Thanks, man. Looks like the suicide watch continues!
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#338 » by LamarMatic7 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:31 pm

riversupremo wrote:and pretty much everyone will chat you up if you talk basketball!

sounds awesome.

not many countries out there where basketball is the most popular sport. I think it stops at Philippines and Lithuania.

deep down I believe that I myself have some unexplained Lithuanian (they're our neighbors and brothers) roots since their mania for basketball reminds me of my own addiction to it, haha.
Bobbies4life
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#339 » by Bobbies4life » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:56 am

Age? 22

Location? Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Profession? Part-time furniture sales at a poor mans IKEA

What did you study (or are you studying)?
Currently in my final semester of my third year in college. Computer Systems Tech - Networking

Level of basketball?
On a scale of 1-10? Skill wise: 6-7 Knowledge wise: 8. I grew up with older brothers who have been watching the game since before my birth. I know more than I can play.

Compare your game to current/former Bobcat?
Good question. I always wanted my shooting form to look like Raymond Felton, but i have a Gerald Wallace type of hustle and "crash".

Why did you become a Bobcats fan?
I believe it was NBA Live 2005 where I first saw the "Bobcats" logo, they had no players on the team. Just a bunch of "guard, guard, forward, forward, center". Believe it or not, I kicked my brothers butt with a bunch of nobody's... and that never happens. Been a fan since.

Favorite piece of Bobcats history, relevant or irrelevant?
First playoff appearance. It was exciting, even if we did get sweeped.

What does your screen name mean?
Made it back in 2012, I am a fan for life. That's pretty much it.

Favorite Bobcat of all-time?
Primoz Brezec is a guilty pleasure, he had this unstoppable fadeaway post shot in the earlier 2K games my brothers hates. Player though? Gerald Wallace in his prime.

Favorite other NBA players of all-time?
Older brothers are Lakers and Bulls fans, I grew up listening to my brother brag about the GOAT. Obviously that GOAT was Jordan.

If you didn’t support the Bobcats what NBA team would you support?
Lakers and Bulls because of my brothers, although I am starting to rep Canada a little more by supporting the Raptors. When it comes to which play style I know best? None come close as to how well I believe I know the Charlotte game.

Other sports played growing up?
Soccer, very little. Aside from that, just ball.

What other sports teams to you support?
Bulls, Lakers. Due to my older brothers.

Hobbies?
I write music. I rap. Videos on Youtube and some tracks on SoundCloud. I am a writer: poetry. Casual gamer.

Favorite music?
Anything except Country.

Favorite TV shows/movies?
Too many to list. Literally.

Tattoos (how many, where)? Nope, although I have thought of it.

Your dream team of hot chicks?
Hahaha, I am a fiend for beautiful women. Ill name a few.
Tori Black (yup, her), Kate Upton, Ariana Grande, Katy Perry.

Other sites you visit to waste time (SFW)?
9gag, IMDB, Rottentomatoes, Yahoo, Google News, Facebook, SoundCloud, Youtube, NBA, ESPN.

Current view of roster?
I am on team Lance, I think its time for Al to go, I think MKG deserves more plays drawn up for him. Thats it for now.

Can;t guarantee I will be as active on these boards as id like to be, especially with school. But I have been on these boards reading all of your threads for a very, very long time. It's nice to finally get to join the discussion. I look forward to it!
mattcampbell
Junior
And1: 137

Post#340 » by mattcampbell » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:23 am

Bobbies4life wrote:
Hobbies?
I write music. I rap. Videos on Youtube and some tracks on SoundCloud. I am a writer: poetry. Casual gamer.

What's your soundcloud, would love to give a listen

Return to Charlotte Hornets