ImageImage

Patrick Ewing Hired By Georgetown (pg. 8)

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,616

Re: Ewing new Associate Head Coach of the Bobcats 

Post#61 » by fatlever » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:17 pm

i'd take marc gasol over howard.
Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Post#62 » by Kembastockton » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:40 pm

fatlever wrote:i'd take marc gasol over howard.

I would too. People call Dwight the best center in the league based solely on numbers. Dwight has never shown that he can carry a team, and is clearly on the decline. We don't need empty stats we need players that can help the team win.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,169

Post#63 » by SWedd523 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:11 pm

MountBiyombo wrote:

I would too. People call Dwight the best center in the league based solely on numbers. Dwight has never shown that he can carry a team, and is clearly on the decline. We don't need empty stats we need players that can help the team win.

When was the last time Gasol went to the Finals?
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#64 » by HornetJail » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Dwight led a team of role players to the finals. Marc Gasol couldn't get a much better supporting cast to win a game in the WCF. Only reason they made it that far is because Westbrook went down. Gasol is a top notch center in the game, but he gets very overrated around here.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Kembastockton

Post#65 » by Kembastockton » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:24 pm

SWedd523 wrote:
MountBiyombo wrote:

When was the last time Gasol went to the Finals?

Lots of great players don't make the finals and lots of scrubs do, so that is a weak arguement.

Biz Gilwalker wrote:Dwight led a team of role players to the finals. Marc Gasol couldn't get a much better supporting cast to win a game in the WCF. Only reason they made it that far is because Westbrook went down. Gasol is a top notch center in the game, but he gets very overrated around here.

Young healthy Dwight led a team of role players to the finals. Older injured Dwight got eliminated in the first round.
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#66 » by SWedd523 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:28 pm

You said he can't carry a team. He was clearly the driving force behind a team who gave heavy minutes to guys like Rafer Alston that made it to the the NBA Finals. It's only a weak argument to you because it illustrates how silly your statement was.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#67 » by HornetJail » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:39 pm

"old injured" Dwight was 27 and was recovering from back surgery and a shoulder injury. He looked fine toward the end of the season. He was just grossly misused by D'Antoni.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Kembastockton

Post#68 » by Kembastockton » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:45 pm

SWedd523 wrote:You said he can't carry a team. He was clearly the driving force behind a team who gave heavy minutes to guys like Rafer Alston that made it to the the NBA Finals. It's only a weak argument to you because it illustrates how silly your statement was.

That Rafer Alston included team which you seem to want portray as Dwight Howard and bunch of no names also had Rashard Lewis as the second leading scorer who just may be a second ballot hall of famer. Dwight only had 223 points more than Shard for the Season, so he hardly drug Orlando to the finals kicking a screaming.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#69 » by HornetJail » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:48 pm

MountBiyombo wrote:That Rafer Alston included team which you seem to want portray as Dwight Howard and bunch of no names also had Rashard Lewis as the second leading scorer who just may be a second ballot hall of famer. Dwight only had 223 points more than Shard for the Season, so he hardly drug Orlando to the finals kicking a screaming.

MountBiyombo wrote:Rashard Lewis ...... just may be a second ballot hall of famer

MountBiyombo wrote:Rashard Lewis ...... just may be a second ballot hall of famer

Don't make me bring out the old lady "wat" picture again.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#70 » by SWedd523 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:50 pm

MountBiyombo wrote:
SWedd523 wrote:You said he can't carry a team. He was clearly the driving force behind a team who gave heavy minutes to guys like Rafer Alston that made it to the the NBA Finals. It's only a weak argument to you because it illustrates how silly your statement was.

That Rafer Alston included team which you seem to want portray as Dwight Howard and bunch of no names also had Rashard Lewis as the second leading scorer who just may be a second ballot hall of famer. Dwight only had 223 points more than Shard for the Season, so he hardly drug Orlando to the finals kicking a screaming.

Just stop. Rashard Lewis is never going to be a HOF player.

Marc Gasol is on a much better team than Dwight ever was and hasn't made the Finals yet.

He's also a year OLDER than Dwight, has never put up the same level of offensive production, rebounding, or shot blocking. He's a better passer and teammate sure, but he is not a better player than Dwight when healthy
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,052

Post#71 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:50 pm

If Rashard Lewis makes the hall of fame they need to just burn it down.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
vorbis
Veteran
And1: 671

Post#72 » by vorbis » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:53 pm

please tell me that rashard lewis quip was a troll. otherwise, that is among the most laughable things i have ever heard.
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#73 » by mrknowitall215 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:00 pm

'MountBiyombo' is on a roll today, and not in a good way
Kembastockton

Post#74 » by Kembastockton » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Thats your opinion. He is a career 15 pt 5 rb player, has a Goodwill games gold medal, two allstar games. He might slip in there on a lean year. He wouldn't be the first.

Marc Gasol is on a much better team than Dwight ever was and hasn't made the Finals yet.

The front court is all that is outstanding about Memphis. Orlando's backcourts both finals years would wipe the floor with Conoly and Allen. And while I would take Zbo over Gortat. I wouldn't do it by much.

He's also a year OLDER than Dwight, has never put up the same level of offensive production, rebounding, or shot blocking. He's a better passer and teammate sure, but he is not a better player than Dwight when healthy.

You are argueing semantics now. I said Dwight put up better numbers, but we all know that he doesn't make his team mates better. At this stage of his career that is the reason I have no problem leaving him and his massive contract expectations in LA.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#75 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:23 pm

MountBiyombo wrote:

Thats your opinion. He is a career 15 pt 5 rb player, has a Goodwill games gold medal, two allstar games. He might slip in there on a lean year. He wouldn't be the first.

The front court is all that is outstanding about Memphis. Orlando's backcourts both finals years would wipe the floor with Conoly and Allen. And while I would take Zbo over Gortat. I wouldn't do it by much.

He's also a year OLDER than Dwight, has never put up the same level of offensive production, rebounding, or shot blocking. He's a better passer and teammate sure, but he is not a better player than Dwight when healthy.

You are argueing semantics now. I said Dwight put up better numbers, but we all know that he doesn't make his team mates better. At this stage of his career that is the reason I have no problem leaving him and his massive contract expectations in LA.

15 pt 5 reb players with 2 all star appearances don't get into the hall.of fame, ever
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Kembastockton

Post#76 » by Kembastockton » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Drazen Petrovic is in there without the five rebounds or allstar appearances.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#77 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:33 pm

MountBiyombo wrote:Drazen Petrovic is in there without the five rebounds or allstar appearances.

Petrovic was a stud and paved the way for international players.

4× Euroscar Award (1986, 1989, 1992–1993)
2× Mr. Europa Award (1986, 1993)
All-NBA Third Team (1993)
FIBA World Championship MVP (1986)
FIBA's 50 Greatest Players (1991)
50 Greatest Euroleague Contributors
FIBA Hall of Fame induction (2007)
#3 Retired by the New Jersey Nets

Also won several medals in international competition

Sad that his career was cut short by a tragic car accident though.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#78 » by HornetJail » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:56 pm

MountBiyombo wrote:

Andrea Bargnani averages 15 and 5 on his career.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Kembastockton

Post#79 » by Kembastockton » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
MountBiyombo wrote:Drazen Petrovic is in there without the five rebounds or allstar appearances.

I was responding directly to your comment that no 15pt 5rb player will ever enter the hall. I gave you a 15ppg player who was already in there. True his death was very sad.

Biz Gilwalker wrote:
MountBiyombo wrote:

And his career isn't over. Let him land on a championship team and get a couple rings. Just ask Dennis Rodman and Gary Payton what getting a couple rings will do for your hall of fame potential.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#80 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:21 pm

MountBiyombo wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

I was responding directly to your comment that no 15pt 5rb player will ever enter the hall. I gave you a 15ppg player who was already in there. True his death was very sad.

Biz Gilwalker wrote:
MountBiyombo wrote:

And his career isn't over. Let him land on a championship team and get a couple rings. Just ask Dennis Rodman and Gary Payton what getting a couple rings will do for your hall of fame potential.

Dear Lord please don't say Payton and Rodman in the same sentence as a Rashard Lewis, or Bargnani. This is just getting insane.

Return to Charlotte Hornets