ImageImage

Barbeque Chicken: The Cody Zeller Thread - Pt 2

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Re: Snowflake: The Cody Zeller Thread - Pt 2 

Post#841 » by catch20two » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:25 am

yosemiteben wrote:It's not about being impressed, it's about recognizing that by design he's asked to be more of a facilitator than a scorer in our offense. When you say he should score more because he's always touching the ball it makes it seem like you aren't paying attention to how we run our offense.

I pay attention to the fact that he be open to score but he's limited at it so he stay in his lane.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
catch20two
RealGM

Post#842 » by catch20two » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:26 am

We have a struggle plate offense. Nobody is exempt from trying to score. We need as much of it as possible. Even if we needed Zeller to score, where do we give him the ball to operate?
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#843 » by Elden Payton » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:28 am

LMAO.

Cody still getting ragged after manhandling Noah...

Wow!
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#844 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:28 am

catch20two wrote:We have a struggle plate offense. Nobody is exempt from trying to score. We need as much of it as possible. Even if we needed Zeller to score, where do we give him the ball to operate?

As long as he keeps shutting down whomever he guards we don't need him to score. I mean, that was the same argument all of us made for MKG last year right?
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Elden Payton
RealGM

Post#845 » by Elden Payton » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:29 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:We have a struggle plate offense. Nobody is exempt from trying to score. We need as much of it as possible. Even if we needed Zeller to score, where do we give him the ball to operate?

As long as he keeps shutting down whomever he guards we don't need him to score. I mean, that was the same argument all of us made for MKG last year right?

He's got nothing, obviously just trolling.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#846 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:30 am

Sik Infant wrote:LMAO.

Wow!

Cody shuts down nearly whomever he guards and gets shat on. MKG did the same last season and was praised.

Just saying.. MKG is my favorite player and all, but its beginning to get a tad hypocritical.

Edit: I know catch trolls. I think hes a good overall poster, but he trolls. He knows it, I know it, we all know it. Lol.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Elden Payton
RealGM

Post#847 » by Elden Payton » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:33 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:

Wow!

Cody shuts down nearly whomever he guards and gets shat on. MKG did the same last season and was praised.

Just saying.. MKG is my favorite player and all, but its beginning to get a tad hypocritical.

MKG is my favourite player and Kemba my second favourite.

Cody Zeller is like my red-headed stepchild that I praise in public and berate in private, but at the end of the day... all is forgiven because I get to bang his mom :wink:

Cody has been amazing this season, box score watchers will never understand.

He might run around like a headless chook, but he's OUR headless chook.
Elden Payton
RealGM

Post#848 » by Elden Payton » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:35 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:

Wow!

Edit: I know catch trolls. I think hes a good overall poster, but he trolls. He knows, I know it, we all know it. Lol.

I think Catch and MI are the same poster...

Both UCONN fans, always have the same opinion and never post at the same time.

I dunno but I'm suss on it.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#849 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:38 am

Sik Infant wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

Wow!

Edit: I know catch trolls. I think hes a good overall poster, but he trolls. He knows, I know it, we all know it. Lol.

LoL. Catch and "Mrknowitall" would have that distention. MKIA has been better lately, but catch does nothing but try and bait people. I just ignore him.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#850 » by catch20two » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:39 am

Sik Infant wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

Wow!

UCONN fan?!? :dontknow:
catch20two
RealGM

Post#851 » by catch20two » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:41 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:

MKG got plenty of sh*tted on last year whenever he only scored 2 or 4 points. That's unacceptable.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#852 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:44 am

catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

MKG got plenty of sh*tted on last year whenever he only scored 2 or 4 points. That's unacceptable.

Same as Zeller this year.
Elden Payton
RealGM

Post#853 » by Elden Payton » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:45 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

At this rate, Zeller will be our best player by next season.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#854 » by catch20two » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:48 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

Rightfully so. I gotta be the one of reason.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#855 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:51 am

catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:MKG got plenty of sh*tted on last year whenever he only scored 2 or 4 points. That's unacceptable.

lol. okay.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#856 » by catch20two » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:54 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

lol. okay.

All of this just because I said he had 4 amazing points.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,499

Post#857 » by GoBobs » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:36 am

It's hard to score if you don't take many shots. We never really run a play for Zeller or MGK. Really it doesn't seem like we run plays for anyone except Jefferson. The guards are just more able to create for themselves because they have the ball in their hands so much.

When was the last time Zeller got a legit post up opportunity or ran a pick and roll where the guard hit him on the way to the rim? When was the last time we ran an iso play for MKG. All Zeller does in Cliffords offense is catch the ball at the top of the key from a guard and pass it to another guard or take an occasional long two on a kickout.

Clifford just isn't very creative in designing things around the strengths of our different players. He needs to catch the ball in the triple threat position closer to the free throw line and turn and face right away when a slower guy is on him. When a smaller guy is on him send him to the post.
thruthefire
Head Coach
And1: 600

Post#858 » by thruthefire » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Are we seriously comparing Zeller's defense to MKG's?
Humble yourself.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,652

Post#859 » by yosemiteben » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Um we give MKG lots of iso and dribble drive opportunities, don't agree that he and Zeller are treated similarly in our offense.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#860 » by BeesWax » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Um we give MKG lots of iso and dribble drive opportunities, don't agree that he and Zeller are treated similarly in our offense.

Completely true. You cannot argue with trolls because they have no really point and just want attention. Anyone who watches knows what is real but some people just want to start mess.
Spoiler:

Return to Charlotte Hornets