Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Re: Don't Blow It - The Lance Stephenson Thread II 

Post#81 » by HornetJail » Mon Sep 1, 2014 6:32 pm

Joest2003 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:Honestly, from a talent standpoint, Golden State (splash bros), OKC (Westbrook and whoever plays 2 for them- does it matter?), Phoenix (Bledsoe and Dragic), Toronto (Lowry and Derozan), and maybe New Orleans (Holiday, Tyreke, Gordon), and Washington (Wall and Beal) all have nearly as enticing backcourts as us if not more so. Very few are going to be as exciting though. Kemba and Lance are going to be a blast to watch and I really can't wait for the season to start. This is our year to take the league by storm.

Well stated. Were arguable a top 6 or so back court. Not top 3 in my opinion. Probably not top 5.

You are seriously underrating Stephenson, not to mention him and kemba are 23 and 24 they are only going to get better. There is not 3 backcourts in the league that will be better than ours this year and I would be willing to put big money on that.

I hope you're right but Kemba needs to make a jump if we're gonna get there.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,105

Post#82 » by JDR720 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 6:36 pm

Kemba is gonna have to shoot above 40% before I start calling him Brandon Jennings 2.0, how good he is will determine how good our starting backcourt is and if we are a top 5 backcourt, right now i'd say that OKC,Phoenix,Pelicans,Wizards, Chicago (with D-Rose), GS and Toronto are all better as a starting backcourt
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#83 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Sep 1, 2014 8:42 pm

Joest2003 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:Honestly, from a talent standpoint, Golden State (splash bros), OKC (Westbrook and whoever plays 2 for them- does it matter?), Phoenix (Bledsoe and Dragic), Toronto (Lowry and Derozan), and maybe New Orleans (Holiday, Tyreke, Gordon), and Washington (Wall and Beal) all have nearly as enticing backcourts as us if not more so. Very few are going to be as exciting though. Kemba and Lance are going to be a blast to watch and I really can't wait for the season to start. This is our year to take the league by storm.

Well stated. Were arguable a top 6 or so back court. Not top 3 in my opinion. Probably not top 5.

You are seriously underrating Stephenson, not to mention him and kemba are 23 and 24 they are only going to get better. There is not 3 backcourts in the league that will be better than ours this year and I would be willing to put big money on that.

Our PG needs to shoot above 40%, as previously stated and show more consistency before were a top 3 anything.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#84 » by TheKingofSting » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:04 am

JDR720 wrote:Kemba is gonna have to shoot above 40% before I start calling him Brandon Jennings 2.0, how good he is will determine how good our starting backcourt is and if we are a top 5 backcourt, right now i'd say that OKC,Phoenix,Pelicans,Wizards, Chicago (with D-Rose), GS and Toronto are all better as a starting backcourt

Top 8 is not bad.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#85 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:13 am

TheKingofSting wrote:
JDR720 wrote:Kemba is gonna have to shoot above 40% before I start calling him Brandon Jennings 2.0, how good he is will determine how good our starting backcourt is and if we are a top 5 backcourt, right now i'd say that OKC,Phoenix,Pelicans,Wizards, Chicago (with D-Rose), GS and Toronto are all better as a starting backcourt

Top 8 is not bad.

Isn't bad at all. Off the top of my head Id probably rate our back court around 6 or so.

Thats pretty damn good. Combine that with a top 5 center and were only waiting on Zeller and MKG to progress before we have something special.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#86 » by TheKingofSting » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:16 am

I am excited to see what MKG looks like and hopefully Cody will make a big jump.

Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#87 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:21 am

TheKingofSting wrote:I am excited to see what MKG looks like and hopefully Cody will make a big jump.

I just want to see MKG's jumper in a live game setting. Hell, I can shoot left handed pretty decent in an empty gym with someone feeding me the ball, but in a game id probably shoot that damn thing 15 feet to the left. Totally different. Will take some time.
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#88 » by Joest2003 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:48 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

Our PG needs to shoot above 40%, as previously stated and show more consistency before were a top 3 anything.

Fair enough I can agree with that but its not like Kemba hasn't shot over 40% before and he shot 47% in the playoffs when it mattered the most. we all know what hes capable of and I expect big improvements now that he actually has a coach and system to grow with. Same goes with Lance I expect HUGE leaps from him every year.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#89 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:13 am

Joest2003 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:

Fair enough I can agree with that but its not like Kemba hasn't shot over 40% before and he shot 47% in the playoffs when it mattered the most. we all know what hes capable of and I expect big improvements now that he actually has a coach and system to grow with. Same goes with Lance I expect HUGE leaps from him every year.

Either way lets not get ahead of ourselves and proclaim them a top 3 back court. Come on now. Off the top of my head I would rate Thompson/Curry , Derozan, Lowry, Westbrook, Jackson, Wall, Beal, and even Holiday, Gordon.

Walker and Stephenson are up there, perhaps even better than some of the tandems I mentioned, But they aren't top 3.
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#90 » by Joest2003 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 11:29 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

Either way lets not get ahead of ourselves and proclaim them a top 3 back court. Come on now. Off the top of my head I would rate Thompson/Curry , Derozan, Lowry, Westbrook, Jackson, Wall, Beal, and even Holiday, Gordon.

Walker and Stephenson are up there, perhaps even better than some of the tandems I mentioned, But they aren't top 3.

Holiday and Gordon?? Common man... I hear ya though lets no get ahead of ourselves im just really excited to see them play together.
BobsBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 100

Post#91 » by BobsBuddy » Tue Sep 2, 2014 12:22 pm

:crazy: We don't make the top 15 in front court combinations so don't toot your horn yet?
Wall and Beal
Lowery and Derozan
Beverly and Harden
Burke or Exum and Hayward
Lillard and Mathews
Irving and Harris or Waiters
Curry and Thompson
Parker and Ginogili
Westbrook and Morrow
Gordon and Holiday
Dragic and Thomas
Paul and Crawford
Nash or Linn and Bryant
Williams and Johnson,
Chalmers or Cole and DWade
Conley and Lee
Knight and Mayo
Rhondo and Smart/Young
WALKER and STEPHENSON
Rubio and Martin
Lawson and Harris
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#92 » by Stun704 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 12:41 pm

BB always keeping us in our places, your list is horrible btw, theres no way in hell Nash and Linn Or Knight and Mayo is better then the Gotham Guards
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#93 » by Joest2003 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 12:56 pm

BobsBuddy wrote::crazy: We don't make the top 15 in front court combinations so don't toot your horn yet?
Wall and Beal
Lowery and Derozan
Beverly and Harden
Burke or Exum and Hayward
Lillard and Mathews
Irving and Harris or Waiters
Curry and Thompson
Parker and Ginogili
Westbrook and Morrow
Gordon and Holiday
Dragic and Thomas
Paul and Crawford
Nash or Linn and Bryant
Williams and Johnson,
Chalmers or Cole and DWade
Conley and Lee
Knight and Mayo
Rhondo and Smart/Young
WALKER and STEPHENSON
Rubio and Martin
Lawson and Harris

Are you high? I honestly dont even know where to start with this so I won't. Just no....
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#94 » by HornetJail » Tue Sep 2, 2014 2:03 pm

Knight and mayo made that list HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#95 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:05 pm

Lol.
Rajaness
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#96 » by Rajaness » Tue Sep 2, 2014 9:56 pm

People are going to realize this year that they lance and kemba are a top 5 backcourt. They are not going to ride skill alone to the tip five but the chemistry they exude on the court that will catapult their. Depending on how everything else clicks, they can push for a top 3.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#97 » by Joest2003 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 10:24 pm

Rajaness wrote:People are going to realize this year that they lance and kemba are a top 5 backcourt. They are not going to ride skill alone to the tip five but the chemistry they exude on the court that will catapult their. Depending on how everything else clicks, they can push for a top 3.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Well said, both are young and are getting better as well.
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#98 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Sep 3, 2014 2:31 am

The potential is there but I have to see it first.

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#99 » by fatlever » Wed Sep 3, 2014 5:15 pm

JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,105