Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

NBA Court Rankings 

Post#1 » by fatlever » Tue Sep 9, 2014 9:00 pm

http://grantland.com/features/nba-court ... -rankings/

pretty cool article from Grantland today ranking all 30 NBA courts.

the Hornets ranked 3rd behind only the Celtics and Lakers.

Yep. A team that hasn’t even existed since 2002 is landing smack in the no. 3 spot. The only bad things about this slick new court are the words “Time Warner,” a reminder of the cable company that took years off my life with crappy service and even crappier customer service in response to that crappy service.

The center-court logo has a clean triangular structure, and the mean hornet looks ready to sting visiting players. The paint is a deep purple-blue that sings without college lane markings, and the teal is obviously a callback to the original Charlotte Hornets. Too much teal can be a bad thing, as the old Hornets learned, and the new Hornets are parceling it out in lighter doses.

And then there is the pièce de résistance, the hexagonal honeycombed pattern of the floor boarding.

That is a freaking masterpiece. The old Hornets experimented with the honeycomb theme, but the edges of each honeycomb were so dark as to overwhelm every other design element. The new ones feature soft boundaries and shading that creates a pattern without screaming.

This is so much better than any of the Creamsicle crap the Bobcats ever tried that it almost makes the old Charlotte franchise look like a minor league outfit. All hail the return of the Buzz.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Re: NBA Court Rankings 

Post#2 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Sep 9, 2014 9:24 pm

fatlever wrote:http://grantland.com/features/nba-court-design-power-rankings/

Yep. A team that hasn’t even existed since 2002 is landing smack in the no. 3 spot. The only bad things about this slick new court are the words “Time Warner,” a reminder of the cable company that took years off my life with crappy service and even crappier customer service in response to that crappy service.

The center-court logo has a clean triangular structure, and the mean hornet looks ready to sting visiting players. The paint is a deep purple-blue that sings without college lane markings, and the teal is obviously a callback to the original Charlotte Hornets. Too much teal can be a bad thing, as the old Hornets learned, and the new Hornets are parceling it out in lighter doses.

And then there is the pièce de résistance, the hexagonal honeycombed pattern of the floor boarding.

That is a freaking masterpiece. The old Hornets experimented with the honeycomb theme, but the edges of each honeycomb were so dark as to overwhelm every other design element. The new ones feature soft boundaries and shading that creates a pattern without screaming.

This is so much better than any of the Creamsicle crap the Bobcats ever tried that it almost makes the old Charlotte franchise look like a minor league outfit. All hail the return of the Buzz.

Lowe really, really likes the Hornets.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,105

Post#3 » by JDR720 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 10:23 pm

Wonder what the Bobcats court would've ranked? my guess is bottom 20 easily
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#4 » by 2Mas » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Well I think the top of his chart is right. Celtics Lakers Bulls Sixers the classics. Nets Hornets the cool fresh newer patterns. I actually agree with the top 12 in close order.

I hate that the middle/ bottom is so inconsistent. Why are the Spurs 22? Their court is badass. Blacked out with dark wood. I looks awesome. I hate the all wood look.

Some changes --

- Gsw should make their offcourt blue w/ Gold letters. Its too much to me. Or a blue paint w/ gold outside.
- The old blazers wood panel was beautiful. Have the red paintw/ the black semi circle & solid dark wood.
- Love the new hawks court. Their middle logo should have some blue trim in it though.
- I get the Pacers court. But I HATE it. Need a bigger logo, yellow outline & kep the blue paint.
- Det has too much red.
- Clippers too. I ahte the LAC court. Prob 2-3rd ugliest in my opinion. the 2 tone w/ the dull red & blue is whack.
- OKC needs to change their damn court lol. If their outside was dark blue alternate color & the sides of the paint were their orange color, think it'd look crazy cool.
- Hou & Cle suck. lol Houston to me is #30. Their court is so gross. 2 tone wood & no color? dman.
- PHX's court is fire. The 2 way suns make it a top 20 court alone. I get its Halloweenish, but its bold, creative & matches their fiery uptempo style. I love it.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#5 » by NCHeels2008 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:04 pm

2Mas wrote:Well I think the top of his chart is right. Celtics Lakers Bulls Sixers the classics. Nets Hornets the cool fresh newer patterns. I actually agree with the top 12 in close order.

I hate that the middle/ bottom is so inconsistent. Why are the Spurs 22? Their court is badass. Blacked out with dark wood. I looks awesome. I hate the all wood look.

Some changes --

- Gsw should make their offcourt blue w/ Gold letters. Its too much to me. Or a blue paint w/ gold outside.
- The old blazers wood panel was beautiful. Have the red paintw/ the black semi circle & solid dark wood.
- Love the new hawks court. Their middle logo should have some blue trim in it though.
- I get the Pacers court. But I HATE it. Need a bigger logo, yellow outline & kep the blue paint.
- Det has too much red.
- Clippers too. I ahte the LAC court. Prob 2-3rd ugliest in my opinion. the 2 tone w/ the dull red & blue is whack.
- OKC needs to change their damn court lol. If their outside was dark blue alternate color & the sides of the paint were their orange color, think it'd look crazy cool.
- Hou & Cle suck. lol Houston to me is #30. Their court is so gross. 2 tone wood & no color? dman.
- PHX's court is fire. The 2 way suns make it a top 20 court alone. I get its Halloweenish, but its bold, creative & matches their fiery uptempo style. I love it.

I tend to agree closer to Lowe, I REALLY like the Pacers court with the small logo, it has a very "classic" feel.
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#6 » by Elden Payton » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:38 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
fatlever wrote:http://grantland.com/features/nba-court-design-power-rankings/

Lowe really, really likes the Hornets.

I read it as if he wrote it at half mast.

Return to Charlotte Hornets