NBA2k15 Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

EwingSweatsALot
Veteran
And1: 919

Re: NBA2k15 Thread 

Post#41 » by EwingSweatsALot » Wed Oct 8, 2014 8:08 pm

fatlever wrote:
EwingSweatsALot wrote:I'm a big CAP guy. I really enjoy deep diving into legends and creating them and placing them in the game. So I was super pumped with the new CAP system on next gen (PS4 here). 2Ks CAP lacked big time over the last few years, but from what I tinkered with it looks awesome.

I like to start an association with legends with them all at the beginning of their career and see who comes out on top as the best. I wish there were more than 150 slots for CAPs, but they have also added back in the ability to change current player ages which will help with guys that are already in the game. I can just change their age and attributes.

just be sure to make a fat lever legend and give him 99 rebounding stat.

All 99 Everything.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#42 » by fatlever » Thu Oct 9, 2014 1:49 am

should i edit biz's offensive awareness and set it to 20?
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,032

Post#43 » by JDR720 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 1:50 am

fatlever wrote:should i edit biz's offensive awareness and set it to 20?

whats his "hands" rating? it can't be higher than 50 (also assuming there is a rating for such things)
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#44 » by LamarMatic7 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 1:54 am

offensive awareness should be at 10.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#45 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 2:06 am

chabber wrote:Gotta upgrade, man! I got the digital version for the PS4 last night. It's pretty damn awesome so far. The presentation is through the roof this year and NBA2KTV looks like it could be pretty interesting.

For those of you interested in motion and free lance offenses they really did a great job this year. The spurs and heat free lance offenses are a thing of beauty.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCuEO_yEmzU[/youtube]

Also the face scanning for MyPlayer and the Park is pretty sweet! I wasn't very interested in the park last season but the changes they've made is really getting my juices flowing to join a crew and do some damage.

Here's my ugly mug!

How the hell did you get a good face scan? Mine come out awful or alien like. I read how to do it right and even the one that came out looking normal looks nothing like me haha
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#46 » by fatlever » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:17 am

just tried to play a quick game, no slider adjustments, everything on factory settings. i suck. i cant shoot or pass. i didnt try to run plays or call picks or anything. just wanted to get a feel for the game. i rage quit at halftime.

they did the hornets no favors. said we are ranked 28th defensively and 27th offensively. wow.
mattcampbell
Junior
And1: 137

Post#47 » by mattcampbell » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:27 am

fatlever wrote:just tried to play a quick game, no slider adjustments, everything on factory settings. i suck. i cant shoot or pass. i didnt try to run plays or call picks or anything. just wanted to get a feel for the game. i rage quit at halftime.

they did the hornets no favors. said we are ranked 28th defensively and 27th offensively. wow.
Wow it sounds like they didn't do much for the previous generation systems. On PS4 I think they're like 13th overall.
MKGsMotor
Senior
And1: 207

Post#48 » by MKGsMotor » Thu Oct 9, 2014 1:42 pm

fatlever wrote:just tried to play a quick game, no slider adjustments, everything on factory settings. i suck. i cant shoot or pass. i didnt try to run plays or call picks or anything. just wanted to get a feel for the game. i rage quit at halftime.

Are you playing last years? Or two years ago?

This year they're rated very good on the new gens. Like 13th overall, 83 or something. Lance is the 5th best shooting guard in the game, Al's tied for the 2nd best center.
The Lamb flock's vision has come true.
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#49 » by chabber » Thu Oct 9, 2014 2:53 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:How the hell did you get a good face scan? Mine come out awful or alien like. I read how to do it right and even the one that came out looking normal looks nothing like me haha

I haven't had any problems with it. I've scanned myself 3 different times and each time has worked fine and gotten better results. That pic was actually my first scan and it was the worst one by far.

I think the biggest key is to have a ton of light around you illuminating your face evenly. I've also read that some people will hold a white piece of paper under their chin to reflect light back up onto their face.

Get close to the camera, I think about 10" away. You should see a green box around your face if you are doing it right. Move your head extremely slow when it asks you to turn.

Honestly, when watching videos of peoples scans not working, most of the time it looks like user error. I'm not saying that's the case with you, but some of these faces man...it just seems silly.
EwingSweatsALot
Veteran

Post#50 » by EwingSweatsALot » Thu Oct 9, 2014 3:32 pm

chabber wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:How the hell did you get a good face scan? Mine come out awful or alien like. I read how to do it right and even the one that came out looking normal looks nothing like me haha

I haven't had any problems with it. I've scanned myself 3 different times and each time has worked fine and gotten better results. That pic was actually my first scan and it was the worst one by far.

I think the biggest key is to have a ton of light around you illuminating your face evenly. I've also read that some people will hold a white piece of paper under their chin to reflect light back up onto their face.

Get close to the camera, I think about 10" away. You should see a green box around your face if you are doing it right. Move your head extremely slow when it asks you to turn.

Honestly, when watching videos of peoples scans not working, most of the time it looks like user error. I'm not saying that's the case with you, but some of these faces man...it just seems silly.

How many of the little dots, or whatever you call them, have you gotten? Most for me is about 3,300.
chabber
Veteran

Post#51 » by chabber » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:11 pm

On my initial scan I got about 2400. I brought in a couple of lamps and got it up to 4200. I saw some dude had a halogen in his living room and got it up over 7000.
EwingSweatsALot
Veteran

Post#52 » by EwingSweatsALot » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:15 pm

chabber wrote:On my initial scan I got about 2400. I brought in a couple of lamps and got it up to 4200. I saw some dude had a halogen in his living room and got it up over 7000.

I pretty much used the light from my fan and the flashlight on my phone. I think tonight when I get home, I am going to go for setting more lamps up around me and see what I can get. I get a lot of pickup on my nose, mouth, chin, and jaw area. Not so much on the eyes, cheeks and forehead. What scans really well is spot on but the rest gets a little tricky.
EwingSweatsALot
Veteran

Post#53 » by EwingSweatsALot » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:18 pm

For someone who likes to deep dive into ratings because I create a lot of legends I found it interesting that they know have ratings for body part durability.

They may have had it in last years game, I don't know because they didn't have CAP for Next Gen and the past few years the CAP has been absolutely horrendous. So I might be stumbling on something that isn't new but the fact that the rating isn't just durability, but they go with Right Knee Durability, Left Knee Durability, Right Ankle Durability, and etc. is rather impressive. They have seemed to add more tendencies for players as well.
chabber
Veteran

Post#54 » by chabber » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:21 pm

EwingSweatsALot wrote:
chabber wrote:On my initial scan I got about 2400. I brought in a couple of lamps and got it up to 4200. I saw some dude had a halogen in his living room and got it up over 7000.

I pretty much used the light from my fan and the flashlight on my phone. I think tonight when I get home, I am going to go for setting more lamps up around me and see what I can get. I get a lot of pickup on my nose, mouth, chin, and jaw area. Not so much on the eyes, cheeks and forehead. What scans really well is spot on but the rest gets a little tricky.

Yeah actually I didn't mention that. When I brought in the lamps they were all tall ones and created too much darkness around my eyes and nose from being higher. I used the flashlight on my phone pointed at my face to help take that away. I guess if you use shorter lamps it won't be a problem.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#55 » by fatlever » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:47 pm

MKGsMotor wrote:

This year they're rated very good on the new gens. Like 13th overall, 83 or something. Lance is the 5th best shooting guard in the game, Al's tied for the 2nd best center.

No, I bought 2k15 yesterday for the xbox360. I went to play a quick game, after setting up myplayer. I selected Hornets vs Mavs. We were ranked in the high 20s for offense, defense and overall. Is it possible that they didnt make any updates to the players from last year to this year for the older consoles? That's pretty crappy if they did that and are still charging full price. They better come out with an update soon if that is the case.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#56 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 5:05 pm

EwingSweatsALot wrote:
chabber wrote:

How many of the little dots, or whatever you call them, have you gotten? Most for me is about 3,300.

I got around 2500 the first few, then 5800 the last one, which came out good but my face looked yellow compared to the normal white person skin tone in the game haha. I'll try again tonight. I read your above post too with the paper, ill try that. Thanks!
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,528

Post#57 » by HornetJail » Thu Oct 9, 2014 8:45 pm

fatlever wrote:
MKGsMotor wrote:

No, I bought 2k15 yesterday for the xbox360. I went to play a quick game, after setting up myplayer. I selected Hornets vs Mavs. We were ranked in the high 20s for offense, defense and overall. Is it possible that they didnt make any updates to the players from last year to this year for the older consoles? That's pretty crappy if they did that and are still charging full price. They better come out with an update soon if that is the case.

As far as I know, the rosters are the same for the PC and consoles. Your situation is very weird. Never heard of that happening.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#58 » by fatlever » Thu Oct 9, 2014 10:17 pm

i am going to check the player ratings for the hornets tonight and see if they are the same as what was posted in this thread.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#59 » by fatlever » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:20 am

here are the ratings of the guys on the hornets as of today, no updates made, 360 version

90 - jefferson
83 - lance
82 - kemba
78 - mkg
75 - hendo
73 - biz
72 - neal
71 - taylor
71 - vonleh
71 - roberts
70 - marvin
70 - zeller
68 - pj

these ratings are different than those posted by the OP. what ratings are in the nextgen game?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#60 » by fatlever » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:23 am

gonna start my edits tonight - pj is up first.

Return to Charlotte Hornets