NBA2k15 Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,105

Re: NBA2k15 Thread 

Post#121 » by JDR720 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:09 am

My dude is averaging a nice 28/11/4 with 1.3 steals and 3.something blocks....I play team ball :wink: (no seriously i have actually made a conscious effort to not shoot over 20 times unless im hot or have to)
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#122 » by Braggins » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:14 am

I use the button for jumpers, running layups and dunks and the shot stick for post shots, inside shots, standing layups and dunks. The button seems terribly inconsistent for inside attempts. It almost seems like it makes you do a random shot with no regard to your position relative to the rim. Using the shot stick allows you to shoot with the correct hand and use your momentum to go towards the rim.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#123 » by Braggins » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:35 am

I dont really have any problems with defense on any difficulty. The previous poster who gave the defensive tips gave some good advice although i actually use turbo a lot on defense. You have to move the player so that they stay in the defensive stance and dont go into the running animation. Constantly holding up on the right stick makes this easier and helps contest shots. You can let your character go into the running animation for a little bit as long as you move your player aggressively into the offensive players body to bump them and stop their momentum. Keeping hands up and going agressively into the offensive players body are the most important things. You want to stay as close as possible so that you can cut off the offensive player this way even if it seems counterintuitive since in real life you want to give space to prevent drives but staying close allows you to physically cut them off. If you give space they will he able to get speed and blow by you even if you move with them perfectly. If you stay close and keep your hands up you will constantly bump them when they make a move. Once you get used to it you can pressure full court this way and force 8 seconds or full court heaves.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#124 » by Braggins » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:03 am

It can be kind of tricky getting used to playing d that way but its the most effective way ive found to play on ball. You have to get used to crowding and knowing when to give a little. Like if a player makes a hard move and you are in good close position you want move slightly away and in the direction they are moving while holding turbo and having your hands up and then very quickly stop moving slightly away and just continue in the direction they are moving to aggressively cut them off. You have to be very direct with your movements and not waste motion or youll be sliding all over the place trying to recover. Always try to be moving in a straight line to the spot you are trying to beat them to. Its also kind of tricky knowing when to let your player go into his sprinting animation to recover or just to beat them to the spot. One of the best times to go for on ball steals is when you cut them off by bumping them and they go into the little staggering animation.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#125 » by HornetJail » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:26 am

JDR720 wrote:My dude is averaging a nice 28/11/4 with 1.3 steals and 3.something blocks....I play team ball :wink: (no seriously i have actually made a conscious effort to not shoot over 20 times unless im hot or have to)

I take about 14 shots a game and score... 14ppg. But I average 13 assists, 12 rebounds, 1 steal, and 2 blocks so it's all good.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#126 » by fatlever » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:04 am

the pelicans are the most laughably pathetic team i have seen so far in association. holiday is a black hole. he and evans just try to iso and drive into the paint on every single possession. i just changed the settings to pack the paint, game over. anthony davis might as well have been joel anthony. davis played 37 minutes and only had 3 shots, meanwhile holiday was 7-for-24, gordon was 4-for-14 and evans was 7-for-16 (mostly because i had MKG leaven him wide open).
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#127 » by BigSlam » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Have you guys noticed that your players, regardless of their preference, dunk left handed?

I'd say that 99% of the time my guys dunk on a fast break they throw down left handed for some reason.

Is that a default setting, or something that I am doing?
B B M F 'ers
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#128 » by HornetJail » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:00 pm

BigSlam wrote:Have you guys noticed that your players, regardless of their preference, dunk left handed?

I'd say that 99% of the time my guys dunk on a fast break they throw down left handed for some reason.

Is that a default setting, or something that I am doing?

I'm a lefty and my player mostly dunks right handed. I guess they've just got it reversed somehow :lol:
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#129 » by BigSlam » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:57 pm

1/4 way through my first association season so I thought I would share my stats with you all.

I start the game with:
Kemba - Lance - MKG - Noah - Al
with most of the offense going through the guards

Around the 6 or 7 min mark I sub out Noah and Al for Rex and Biz (because Noah and Al get tired)

I start the 2nd qtr with:
Roberts - Neal - Marv - Noah - Al
with most of the offense going through Al in the post

I'll sub out Marv pretty quickly for PJ bringing all the starters back in around the 5 or 6 min mark to close out the half.

I use the same sub patterns in the 3rd and 4th

TEAM:
Record: 15-5
#1 in the division
#3 in the conference (Cavs then Bulls)
#5 in the power rankings
127.1ppg (#1)
117.1oppg (#30 - oops!!)
53% fg (#1)
40% tp (#5)
76% ft (#11)
43 apg (#1)
55 rpg (#1)
9.6 spg (#1)
11.3 bpg (#1)
17 tpg (#30 - oops)
18.9 fpg (#25)

Highest score 148pts (Vs Portland)
Lowest score 111pts (x2 - Pacers and Knicks)
Hardest team Bulls (freaking Rose is unstoppable, as is Gasol, and Butler and Snell rained down 3's)

LEAGUE LEADERS:
Lance #9 ppg
Al #6 rpg
Lance #1 apg (Kemba #2 apg)
Kemba #3 spg
Al #3 bpg (Biz #5 bpg)
Kemba #1 tpg (Lance #2 tpg)
Al #1 fg% (Noah #2 fg%)
Roberts #4 3p%
Kemba #43 mpg
Al #6 PER
Al #3 in Efficiency (Kemba #7, Lance #8)
Al #2 in TS% (Noah #9)

ALL STAR VOTES:
Lance #1 East Back Court (Kemba #5)
Al #4 East Front Court

PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Lance x2 (Kemba x1)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:
Lance x1

PLAYER STATS:
Kemba:
22.5ppg - 3.1rpg - 10.7apg - 2.3spg - .4bpg - 3.6tpg - 53/44/96 - 34.6mpg

Lance:
23.5ppg - 5.3rpg - 11apg - 2.1spg - .6bpg - 3.5tpg - 44/36/82 - 34.1mpg

MKG:
14ppg - 6.3rpg - 4.4apg - 1.5spg - 1bpg - 2tpg - 52/0/71 - 31mpg

Noah:
9.9ppg - 8.6rpg - 2.1apg - .4spg - 1.9bpg - 1.5tpg - 61/0/69 - 27.1mpg

Al:
20.5ppg - 10.7rpg - 1.6apg - .6spg - 2.2bpg - 2tpg - 63/0/77 - 27mpg

Robert:
6.3ppg - 1.1rpg - 4.5apg - .8spg - .3bpg - 1.2tpg - 56/52/100 - 13.8mpg

Neal:
7.2ppg - 2.1rpg - 2.1apg - .4spg - .2bpg - .7tpg - 47/34/100 - 13.9mpg

Marv:
3.3ppg - 2.4rpg - 1.8apg - .3spg - .8bpg - .6tpg - 40/39/71 - 11.1mpg

Rex:
8.2ppg - 6.9rpg - 2.2apg - .3spg - 1.7bpg - .9tpg - 55/0/74 - 19.8mpg

Biz:
3.2ppg - 6.3rpg - 1.8apg - .6spg - 2bpg - .4tpg - 61/0/23 - 19.5mpg

PJ:
8.5ppg - 1.9rpg - 1apg - .3spg - .2bpg - .6tpg - 54/41/93 - 8.6mpg
B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#130 » by fatlever » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:19 pm

pretty cool write-up slam. i'll have to post mine after i play more games. note, i am only doing a 29 game season though. right now i am 6-2.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#131 » by JDR720 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:00 am

I got robbed in the MVP race man, LeSucks James won it :mad:

My rookie season (Hawks #2 seed in East)

-League Leader in Blocks
-League Leader in Rebounds
-1st team All-NBA
-1st team All-Defense
-Rookie of the Year
-Defensive Player of the Year
-1st team All-Rookie
-All-Star game starter

I was top 10 in basically everything besides steals (1.3) and 3pt shooting (still shot 38%)

Spoiler:
#1 in the league in turnovers also but no one needs to know that...right? (3.4 i think)
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#132 » by fatlever » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:58 am

i traded marvin, neal, taylor and a 2016 1st to the jazz for hayward (LOL). he just really really wanted to play for the hornets. now he is my 15 million dollar 6th man. too bad we blew a 15 pt lead at houston tonight. ryan anderson continues to suck.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#133 » by JDR720 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:12 am

My Hawks team didn't make any moves besides trading Millsap for Batum, and Al Horford sucks he shoots FT's worse than Bismack, if they want me to stick around they better trade him
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#134 » by penquin11 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:26 am

On hall of fame it's hard to play team ball as your AI team-mates are about as intelligent of potatoes. They pass up open shots. So I end up taking 30 FG's a contest.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
EwingSweatsALot
Veteran
And1: 919

Post#135 » by EwingSweatsALot » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:43 am

Getting my MyGm started tonight, obviously going with the Hornets. I will see if i like this over the MyLeague (Association).

For those who don't have PS4, here is what Jordan....errrrrr.....Drew Samuels expects of me as a GM. I wish they would have given at least a little sneaky acknowledgement towards Jordan like they did the Clippers new owner.

EDIT:

FIRST MEETING WITH OWNER:

-asked to give Vonleh 26 minutes a game (typical owner wanting high draft pick to play whether he is ready or not), I said I might accomplish that.

-asked to get home court advantage and win the East (I might be in for more than I bargained for already) I said that would be hard to accomplish, Samuels is already not happy with me. What's the shortest tenure for a GM?

-Asked for team chemistry above 45%. That's a done deal. Will accomplish. Until Stephenson knifes Brian Roberts for taking the last bowl of Fruity Pebbles. Just noticed chemistry is already at 60%, if Lance f**** this up...

-He now has contradicted himself and asked for 48 wins. 48 wins isn't winning the East. Samuels might be a day drinker. I don't know what time we are meeting, but I'm sure he's already had a few at Uptown Cabaret. I've told him 50 wins is doable. He's starting to warm up, that or he is getting excited its college night at Bar Charlotte and he can't wait to find an 18 year old to party with, he looks rather sleazy.

After our first meeting Samuels is neutral on me. We will see how our relationship unfolds.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#136 » by BigSlam » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:41 pm

EwingSweatsALot wrote:Getting my MyGm started tonight, obviously going with the Hornets. I will see if i like this over the MyLeague (Association).

For those who don't have PS4, here is what Jordan....errrrrr.....Drew Samuels expects of me as a GM. I wish they would have given at least a little sneaky acknowledgement towards Jordan like they did the Clippers new owner.

EDIT:

FIRST MEETING WITH OWNER:

-asked to give Vonleh 26 minutes a game (typical owner wanting high draft pick to play whether he is ready or not), I said I might accomplish that.

-asked to get home court advantage and win the East (I might be in for more than I bargained for already) I said that would be hard to accomplish, Samuels is already not happy with me. What's the shortest tenure for a GM?

-Asked for team chemistry above 45%. That's a done deal. Will accomplish. Until Stephenson knifes Brian Roberts for taking the last bowl of Fruity Pebbles. Just noticed chemistry is already at 60%, if Lance f**** this up...

-He now has contradicted himself and asked for 48 wins. 48 wins isn't winning the East. Samuels might be a day drinker. I don't know what time we are meeting, but I'm sure he's already had a few at Uptown Cabaret. I've told him 50 wins is doable. He's starting to warm up, that or he is getting excited its college night at Bar Charlotte and he can't wait to find an 18 year old to party with, he looks rather sleazy.

After our first meeting Samuels is neutral on me. We will see how our relationship unfolds.

This is hilarious!!

Oh, and I am pretty sure that Drew Samuels is the gaming version of my boss.

You said what he expects of you, I saw in your screen grab that he doesn't expect, he demands. So demanding? Check.
Wants Noah to play because he gets excited about the latest hottest thing and has his golden boy? Check.
Not happy if you don't 100% agree with him? Check.
People under him wanting to knife each other, mainly because of his influence? Check.
Contradicts himself? Check.

Ya, pretty sure you are working for my boss.
B B M F 'ers
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#137 » by penquin11 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:38 pm

I'm starting to absolutely wreck **** online with my 6'7 PG. I'm tall enough to guard most players (competent up to 6'9) and I have the stroke to score at will (not to mention the dunks + best layup package in the game)....

In my opinion the best posterizing dunk package is the leaning dunks package (farthest take-off distance, which cheats the contact engine a tad), with Michael Jordan's dunk package a close second (there is one dunk in particular in which you basically blake griffin the defender). In assistance to these I usually use the normal one handed athletic, the under the basket finishes, some baseline dunk package, and a reverse clutch dunk package (to cover each scenario).

The best layup package I have tried yet is easily the Derrick Rose layup package. It comes with a wide variety of subtle hand gestures that make it really hard to block (important online) and it has the best finger roll of any of the packages in my opinion. It's acrobatic finishes also are incredibly useful if you have to adjust your shot. In general when online contact layup aren't an option unless you have some sort of layup-related badge. Derrick Rose's layup package somehow handles contact much better than any of the other packages I have tried (sort of like how Dwayne Wade's did in the past).

Last night I had a game against 2 99 overall rated players who were "MVP" ranked. My partner- on the otherhand- was some 74 overall who actually played admirably for his rating. In a game of make it take it we came up just short 15-13 against the 2 beasts. I had 11 points on perfect shooting to go with 8 rebounds 2 assists 4 steals and 4 blocks..... My badges are really helping me out online!

Speaking of Badges I will say that there are several "must-get's":
1) Posterizer- basically makes contact dunks a viable scoring option, even online!
2) pickpocket- my SPG rose from 2.1 to 3.9 in a 10 game span after getting this and making it gold.
3) Microwave- If you make this gold you can literally heat up your shot in 2 shots!
4) Volume Scorer- and if you have this on top of it, you only need one shot (at Gold level) and you have forever to wait before taking another shot.
5) Cool and Collected- if you have Volume Scorer then you need this- otherwise you are prone to going cold from NOT taking shots.
6) Transition Finisher- this will boost any transition finishing layup or dunk you make, and it is so powerful that I am yet to miss a fastbreak attempt since getting it (and I only have it at bronze).
7) One Man Fastbreak- this will boost all offensive stats on the break (as well as your speed) and will make fastbreak 3's a viable strategy!
8) Tenacious Rebounder- I got this because of my ridiculous rebounding rate offline, but it's most notable effects have come online where it (plus my rebound rating) have allowed me to out-rebound crowds of 3 or more as well as players who are up to 4 inches taller to me. It also helps with putbacks!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While we are on it, does anyone know if there is a way to edit players in an online mycareer? It bothers me that the potential ratings of certain players (Nik Stauskas in particular, though McLemore, Jabari Parker, Noah Vonleh - and basically any rookie from this year or last) are so low, especially when the rookies in my game are balling out of style (Joel Embid is #2 in Defensive Player of the Year race, Nik Stauskas has been averaging 16ppg on 48% 3pt since becoming a starter, and Bojan Bogdanovic is killing it for the Nets)....

I would literally pay money to be able to edit these players ratings and potential in the online career....
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
olive_triangurl
Banned User
And1: 607

Post#138 » by olive_triangurl » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:53 am

Jefferson is unbelievable in NBA2k15.
This is a huge luxury Charlotte has over other teams, so I hope they cash-in and feed him constantly :o
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#139 » by fatlever » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:28 pm

olive_triangurl wrote:Jefferson is unbelievable in NBA2k15.
This is a huge luxury Charlotte has over other teams, so I hope they cash-in and feed him constantly :o

Jefferson is my entire offense in 2k15. i dump it down to Jefferson every single time I get stuck in halfcourt offense. then i back down his man, do a pump fake to get his man in the air, then he either scores or gets fouled - except when he is guarded by dwight howard or andre drummond. jefferson missed about 20 easy shots against those guys, i guess because they have such high defensive ratings. when jefferson isnt in the game, zeller does his best impression, but mostly i just have the wings jack up a lot of 3s. then again, i totally suck at this game so...
olive_triangurl
Banned User
And1: 607

Post#140 » by olive_triangurl » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:32 pm

fatlever wrote:
olive_triangurl wrote:Jefferson is unbelievable in NBA2k15.

Jefferson is my entire offense in 2k15. i dump it down to Jefferson every single time I get stuck in halfcourt offense. then i back down his man, do a pump fake to get his man in the air, then he either scores or gets fouled - except when he is guarded by dwight howard or andre drummond. jefferson missed about 20 easy shots against those guys, i guess because they have such high defensive ratings. when jefferson isnt in the game, zeller does his best impression, but mostly i just have the wings jack up a lot of 3s. then again, i totally suck at this game so...

Yeah Iove when Jefferson backs down closer and closer and closer and closer to the rim and then its a done deal.
I haven't played against Howard yet, that should be interesting.
I really enjoy the fakes and pivots and up-and-under type moves that Jefferson and MJ do.

Return to Charlotte Hornets