Radu_Hornets
Rookie
And1: 325

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2014-15 2.0 

Post#361 » by Radu_Hornets » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Sik Infant wrote:December 15th trade.

Charlotte trade-Jefferson+Henderson+Maxiell+Williams

New York trade-Stoudemire+Hardaway jr+Dalembert+Early+2015 first+2017 first

Contracts should match within league rules.

Kemba/Roberts/Pargo

Stephenson/Hardaway/Hairston

MKG/Hairston/Early/Taylor

Zeller/Stoudemire/Vonleh

Biyombo/Dalembert/Stoudemire

This team doesn't make the playoffs.

(Neither the actual one in fact... :banghead: )
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#362 » by Elden Payton » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Radu_Hornets wrote:

Kemba/Roberts/Pargo

Zeller/Stoudemire/Vonleh

We're not looking close to making playoffs right now.

I'd rather not make playoffs with cap space and future flexibility than not make playoffs with no cap space and no future flexibility (once we sign Jefferson to a monster deal)

We won't get what we value Jefferson at, but if we add 2 bad contracts and a non factor with him, and get vets at positions of need, plus 2 prospects and 2 firsts is great value imo.

Head into the offseason with our core intact, 2 picks and a truck load of cap space.
Radu_Hornets
Rookie

Post#363 » by Radu_Hornets » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:17 pm

Sik Infant wrote:
Radu_Hornets wrote:

Kemba/Roberts/Pargo

Zeller/Stoudemire/Vonleh

I'd rather not make playoffs with cap space and future flexibility than not make playoffs with no cap space and no future flexibility (once we sign Jefferson to a monster deal)

We won't get what we value Jefferson at, but if we add 2 bad contracts and a non factor with him, and get vets at positions of need, plus 2 prospects and 2 firsts is great value imo.

Head into the offseason with our core intact, 2 picks and a truck load of cap space.

Good point.

We should wait until MKG is back to see if the team get his s**** together.

if not, we need to find the best value for Big Al... But I don't think we could get as much value as we think we could get.
BobsBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 100

Post#364 » by BobsBuddy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:45 pm

:o :droop: :eek1: :eek2: :argue: :hug: Huh? Now at 4-10 and looking at the possibility of 10-20 by 1-1-2015, it's obvious trades will need to be made unless things turn around in December.
It seems like we don't have the right 5 players on the floor at the same time and ,to be blunt about it,players who care about winning.
Observations:
Al is fine and by far our best player and has already earned an extension. Maxciel is a better backup..Trade Biz
Williams looks good on paper,but he may need to be included in a trade deal. Zellar is ready to start..Vonleh B/up
MKG is on IR,,Stats good..JT hasn't played,but could be solid backup...PJ 2/3 could be used in trade package.
Lance is now coming around, Neal is a solid 2 backup, Hendo is tradable if packaged.
KW is a great shooter,but his court management is questionable, Roberts is solid and Pargo is a shooter
SO What Trades could be made to make the Hornets better?
Trade Checker #6525706 Perkins,McGary from OKC for Williams and Biz
Trade checker #6525753 Ilyasova from Milwaukee for PJ and Hendo
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#365 » by BeesWax » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:15 pm

BobsBuddy wrote::o :droop: :eek1: :eek2: :argue: :hug: Huh? Now at 4-10 and looking at the possibility of 10-20 by 1-1-2015, it's obvious trades will need to be made unless things turn around in December.
It seems like we don't have the right 5 players on the floor at the same time and ,to be blunt about it,players who care about winning.
Observations:
Al is fine and by far our best player and has already earned an extension. Maxciel is a better backup..Trade Biz
Williams looks good on paper,but he may need to be included in a trade deal. Zellar is ready to start..Vonleh B/up
MKG is on IR,,Stats good..JT hasn't played,but could be solid backup...PJ 2/3 could be used in trade package.
Lance is now coming around, Neal is a solid 2 backup, Hendo is tradable if packaged.
KW is a great shooter,but his court management is questionable, Roberts is solid and Pargo is a shooter
SO What Trades could be made to make the Hornets better?
Trade Checker #6525706 Perkins,McGary from OKC for Williams and Biz
Trade checker #6525753 Ilyasova from Milwaukee for PJ and Hendo

What?

Max is far worse than Biz and Al is far far far from having earned anything yet. Trading Biz and Hairston is insane and not anything the team should consider.
Spoiler:
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#366 » by LofJ » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:51 pm

If we want to bring in a veteran in an effort to salvage the mess we're currently in we're going to have to give up a young player or two (Biz, Zeller, Vonleh, MKG). Outside of going that route the player with the most trade value on our team is Al.

I think this question will wait until at least December 15th, but if we're still playing this poorly with a healthy MKG our front office is going to have to make a decision on what direction they want to take the team in. Continue building with Jefferson as the focus and trade for a better fitting veteran? Or go with our young guys and see where that takes us? Personally, I vote for the later option. Al has an opt out after this season and there is no guarantee he'd stay here, regardless of how much he loves Clifford, if the team continues to be a train wreck.

It's the logical decision in my opinion, especially when you consider the VERY good market for bigs this offseason. That doesn't mean trading Al, but if he decides to opt out we would be foolish to not at least pursue the possibility of using his money to go after Monroe, Jordan, Gasol or Asik.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#367 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:39 pm

LofJ wrote:If we want to bring in a veteran in an effort to salvage the mess we're currently in we're going to have to give up a young player or two (Biz, Zeller, Vonleh, MKG). Outside of going that route the player with the most trade value on our team is Al.

I think this question will wait until at least December 15th, but if we're still playing this poorly with a healthy MKG our front office is going to have to make a decision on what direction they want to take the team in. Continue building with Jefferson as the focus and trade for a better fitting veteran? Or go with our young guys and see where that takes us? Personally, I vote for the later option. Al has an opt out after this season and there is no guarantee he'd stay here, regardless of how much he loves Clifford, if the team continues to be a train wreck.

It's the logical decision in my opinion, especially when you consider the VERY good market for bigs this offseason. That doesn't mean trading Al, but if he decides to opt out we would be foolish to not at least pursue the possibility of using his money to go after Monroe, Jordan, Gasol or Asik.

Didn't realize it was 4 decent center available
It has been written...
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#368 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:21 pm

Its still too soon to panic. We have to get healthy mainly.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#369 » by LofJ » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:03 am

MasterIchiro wrote:
LofJ wrote:If we want to bring in a veteran in an effort to salvage the mess we're currently in we're going to have to give up a young player or two (Biz, Zeller, Vonleh, MKG). Outside of going that route the player with the most trade value on our team is Al.

Didn't realize it was 4 decent center available

Robin Lopez and Kanter are options too, it's a really good crop of Centers this year in free agency.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#370 » by Diop » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:28 am

i think Jordan and Gasol will probably stay put.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#371 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:48 am

Sachmo wrote:i think Jordan and Gasol will probably stay put.

Ok so that leaves Monroe, Asik, possibly Kanter or Robin Lopez.

I think we could get away with trading Al for a long term piece who doesn't necessarily have to play the position.
It has been written...
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#372 » by Diop » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:30 am

I'm not fussed with Lopez, but could live with either Asik or Monroe.
Kanter makes me nervous.
I can't see al getting traded though, unless we're really failing around the deadline
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#373 » by HornetJail » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:42 am

I'd rather trade for/sign an offensive power forward than a center. It's an extremely long shot and I'd say our chances of this are effectively zero, but can you imagine a starting five of Biyombo/Aldridge/MKG/Lance/Kemba?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,107

Post#374 » by JDR720 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:01 am

Lance trade that probably has -100% of happening

Lance for JR Smith and Calderon and a 1st round pick

Why for CHA: Get rid of Lance for an equal headcase but better fit and a backup PG that fits in great
Why for Knicks: Get rid of Smith and Calderon's longer contract, Phil thinks he can fix Lance in his hometown

Basically, this is a headcase for headcase trade and a 1st round pick for taking on 3 years of 7 million dollar Calderon
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#375 » by BeesWax » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:45 am

JDR720 wrote:Lance trade that probably has -100% of happening

Lance for JR Smith and Calderon and a 1st round pick

Why for CHA: Get rid of Lance for an equal headcase but better fit and a backup PG that fits in great
Why for Knicks: Get rid of Smith and Calderon's longer contract, Phil thinks he can fix Lance in his hometown

Basically, this is a headcase for headcase trade and a 1st round pick for taking on 3 years of 7 million dollar Calderon

Bad trade here. I would rather keep Lance.
Spoiler:
Radu_Hornets
Rookie

Post#376 » by Radu_Hornets » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:39 pm

BobsBuddy wrote: :o :droop: :eek1: :eek2: :argue: :hug: Huh? Now at 4-10 and looking at the possibility of 10-20 by 1-1-2015, it's obvious trades will need to be made unless things turn around in December.
Observations: ...

For the first time since I am reading your comments, I tried to pay attention to your smileys. And here's my analysis:

1. "WHAT!!!? WE HAVE SIGNED LANCE STEPHENSON?"
2. "Wow, our team is going to kickass next season!!!"
3. "Actually, the team didn't put its s**** together as quickly as I thought"
4. "OMAGAD I could not believe we'd be bad so long..."
5. "-It's Kemba's fault!"
"- No it's Lance fault and also Clifford's!!"
" - Why did we even signed Marvin? He can't hit 3's!!"
" - Maaaaan, Roberts is like the worst PG in the League!!"
"- With D'Antony, we'd be first in the East... Let's fire Clifford already!!"
"-We should tank"
"-#Okafor"
6."Let's talk altogether gently to find who we are going to trade at the deadline"

I have to admit you made a pretty good summary of the board with only 6 smileys. You deserve my And1 sir !
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#377 » by Benjamin Linus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:16 pm

CHA trades - Al, Lance, Biz, Hendo
CHA receives - Adams, Green, Martin, Perkins

OKC trades - Adams, Perkins
OKC receives - Al

BOS trades - Green
BOS receives - Biz, Hendo

MIN trades - Martin
MIN receives - Lance

So we bring in a young center with upside that can defend and run the floor and two guys that can shoot and score. Starting lineup: Adams-Green-MKG-Martin-Kemba
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Fake Trade Thread 2014-15 2.0 

Post#378 » by Benjamin Linus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Sik Infant wrote:
Radu_Hornets wrote:

Kemba/Roberts/Pargo

Zeller/Stoudemire/Vonleh

If we just keep digging ourselves into a hole, then I would be on board with a deal like this. It feels like we cut our rebuilding phase a little short and this erases some of our win-now moves and allows us to keep building towards something. I just don't see the Knicks doing this, they finally have the capspace and tradable assets to make a big splash this offseason, so I doubt they would waste it on a deal like this.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#379 » by TheKingofSting » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:33 pm

Let's try and figure out why really things have not gone our way..

Injuries?

Strength of schedule so far?

Was McBob really that important in the grand scheme of things?
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Dancingpanda
Senior
And1: 109

Post#380 » by Dancingpanda » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:37 pm

TheKingofSting wrote:Let's try and figure out why really things have not gone our way..

Injuries?

Strength of schedule so far?

Was McBob really that important in the grand scheme of things?

I would argue it's a little of all 3. Last year we lost to elite teams and beat tanking teams and border line teams like ours. I think that the lack of llegitimate starting PF to put next to Al hurts our team. Our offence was just as awful last year, but with McRoberts at PF he gave us some inside D. Not to mention with all the injuries, that prevented our team to gell.

But Id say the major reason we are so bad is our Defense

Return to Charlotte Hornets