Re: GT: Jazz @ Hornets Sat Dec 20 7PM EST 

Post#221 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:53 am

Why do you guys never play Noah?
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#222 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:21 am

GreenRiddler wrote:Why do you guys never play Noah?

Raw, not any good right now.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,147

Post#223 » by Braggins » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:23 am

I wouldn't get too carried away about Hendo. He has games like this sometimes. Hes still Hendo though. Lance will probably come off the bench for some amount of games after returning but I wouldn't expect Hendo to have the starting spot locked. Hes had plenty of horrible games and has generally been pretty bad this season. I don't think putting together back to back good games against Philly and Utah means much of anything.

Al getting injured in the 4th may have saved us in this game. Clifford pulled his same crap and played Marvin the entire 4th and would have played Al. Utah was doing the same thing every team has done to us in the 4th and was erasing the lead quickly before Biz came in, at which point we immediately retook control of the game.
Fred Williamson
Lead Assistant
And1: 517

Post#224 » by Fred Williamson » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:55 am

oh hey, we won
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#225 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:09 am

Braggins wrote:I wouldn't get too carried away about Hendo. He has games like this sometimes. Hes still Hendo though. Lance will probably come off the bench for some amount of games after returning but I wouldn't expect Hendo to have the starting spot locked. Hes had plenty of horrible games and has generally been pretty bad this season. I don't think putting together back to back good games against Philly and Utah means much of anything.

Al getting injured in the 4th may have saved us in this game. Clifford pulled his same crap and played Marvin the entire 4th and would have played Al. Utah was doing the same thing every team has done to us in the 4th and was erasing the lead quickly before Biz came in, at which point we immediately retook control of the game.

Lance is terrible. Way better without him not being a starter. Him and Kemba can't play together.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,147

Post#226 » by Braggins » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:35 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
Braggins wrote:I wouldn't get too carried away about Hendo. He has games like this sometimes. Hes still Hendo though. Lance will probably come off the bench for some amount of games after returning but I wouldn't expect Hendo to have the starting spot locked. Hes had plenty of horrible games and has generally been pretty bad this season. I don't think putting together back to back good games against Philly and Utah means much of anything.

Lance is terrible. Way better without him not being a starter. Him and Kemba can't play together.

Hendo has been terrible this season with no expectations or responsibility other than to play some D and shoot an occasional jumper. He has had a minor role and still has been a letdown. Lance has struggled tremendously this year and we have still played better with him than Hendo. There really isn't any evidence we play better without Lance other than one game against a D-League team and another against a definite bottom-dweller in which Hendo strung together his best two games of the season.
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#227 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:23 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:

Really? He looked pretty polished in college, but then again so did Zeller. I guess bigs take more time.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#228 » by FJS » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:53 am

W_HAMILTON wrote:
FJS wrote:Well, it's 2:17 AM here in Spain... I think I will watch 2nd half tomorrow. The kind of play of Jazz is putting tonight is not worth to lose more time to sleep.

A Utah Jazz fan from Spain? How the hell did that happen?

Stockton and Malone times... they played pretty well.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#229 » by FJS » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:53 am

Oh, and good win for your team, congrats.
Seem like we didn't have energy or simply Hornets outplayed us.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#230 » by UNCNYC » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:18 am

Because our coach is an assistant at best. There is no reason why he should not get any minutes at all.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,522

Post#231 » by Bassman » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:26 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

Really? He looked pretty polished in college, but then again so did Zeller. I guess bigs take more time.

He was hurt during pre-season, so our coach declared him to be hopelessly behind. He is not as raw as some here suggest. He is at least where Zeller was coming out of school, and WAY ahead of Biz. Coach Clifford loves his vets, so he played Maxiel for a while, before nobody could justify that.

Noah could be a contributor, but agree his time will come next season.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#232 » by Robot Rock » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:34 pm

I wish these **** would win when I go. But seeing two soul-wrenching losses in a row makes me not want to go anymore.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#233 » by yosemiteben » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:44 pm

Braggins wrote:I don't think putting together back to back good games against Philly and Utah means much of anything.

In the month of December he's averaging about 11 ppg on 55% FG% and playing very solid defense. Very disingenuous IMO to act like he's only looked good these past couple games. He's given us a major lift.
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#234 » by LamarMatic7 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:57 pm

FJS wrote:
W_HAMILTON wrote:
FJS wrote:Well, it's 2:17 AM here in Spain... I think I will watch 2nd half tomorrow. The kind of play of Jazz is putting tonight is not worth to lose more time to sleep.

I wish the answer would have been - Raul Lopez.
BobsBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 100

Post#235 » by BobsBuddy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:14 pm

:) :) Good game against 6-20 Utah second tier team. Lets see whether they can keep it going against Denver.
Very interesting how the team played without Lance on the floor. I still think Lance has potential to be a great player,just not paired with Kemba. Idea of bringing him off the bench could work,but we are paying him too much for that. Having Him out the next 3 games and "winning"may tell what his future could be with Hornets. I would think Boston would give us Dallas pick and Jeff Green for him? :nod:
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,402

Post#236 » by Hornet Mania » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:05 pm

He missed training camp with an injury. Our coach claims he is not ready to see serious floor time in the NBA, and that may be true. We haven't seen him in anything but a few garbage minutes against scrubs playing lackluster defense. (Where his offense looked surprisingly fluid for a 19yr-old 7-footer, for what it's worth)

I'm skeptical of coach Clifford's claim that he can't play any productive minutes, as are many people on this board. Personally I'd like to see Vonleh out there for 5 minutes or so when the opportunity presents itself (foul trouble to Zeller or Marvin, an injury, etc) just to see how he responds in a situation where the game is still undecided. Right now those rare minutes go to Jason Maxiell. I think Vonleh can have a bright future, but at this point it's completely impossible to say definitively whether he'll pan out or be a total bust. Until he sees minutes in serious game action he's a lotto-pick mystery guy on the end of our bench.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#237 » by yosemiteben » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:16 pm

To be fair, this was the first game Maxiell has played in since 11/29, so it's not like he's been getting PT that should go to Vonleh recently.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,105

Post#238 » by JDR720 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Didn't Cliff say Noah could be in rotation midseason? Maybe he can be backup PF and Marv can move to full time SF
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#239 » by Joest2003 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:30 pm

As hard as it may be for Kemba he just needs to spend as much time with Lance off court as possible, go out to eat and clubs and just chill and watch sports. They need to start to bond on and off the court. Anyone who used to play at a YMCA or gym know this is true when you go there with a childhood friend and your both always on the same page and making eachother better. Right now they play together like they are strangers and its making the team suffer at times.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#240 » by FJS » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:26 pm

LamarMatic7 wrote:
FJS wrote:
W_HAMILTON wrote:

I wish the answer would have been - Raul Lopez.

You know... Raúl was great, but not in the NBA... Stockton-Malone-Hornacek fighting vs Bulls was more inspiring... altough they lost.

Return to Charlotte Hornets