ImageImage

Charlotte and Nets trade rumor Update Page 51

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

BobsBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 100

Re: Charlotte and Nets trade rumor Update Page 51 

Post#1141 » by BobsBuddy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:06 pm

:o :roll: Actually Liver Pooty,being one that is critical of others,I hope my comments don't lock down any threads like this one.
I feel this is a good subject. We are all guilty of going :offtopic: and coming up with :crazy: trades when we see a subject posting like this. The original poster of this "Charlotte and NEts Trade Rumor" intended it to be just for solid "wire" Rumors and fans opinions :nonono: :nod: on those rumors. So please rather than threatening lockdowns,just police the posts and encourage fans to keep ON TOPIC.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#1142 » by BigSlam » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:42 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
BigSlam wrote:So here's what's going to start happening guys.

The mods have been chatting and we are all sick and tired of the nastiness and cheap shots that have been flying around here the past two months. If threads can't be kept civil and respectful then they are going to be locked, no matter the subject matter.

Keep that in mind moving forward and don't be responsible for locking threads.

Slam, just out of curiosity, did something get deleted out of this thread or were you saying that based on stuff that is still in the thread?

Check your PM.
B B M F 'ers
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#1143 » by TheKingofSting » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:03 am

What is the latest on this anyway? Are we just kind of waiting to see what happens in the coming weeks like the backup PG deal?
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#1144 » by Eoghan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:32 am

Billy King is too busy being Billy King probably.

Billy King: The Rick Bonnell of NBA GMs.

We've got ~20 days till the trade deadline, I'd like to see if Lance can finally get his legs under him and see what he can actually bring to the team.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#1145 » by catch20two » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:24 pm

We are what 3 months into the season and Lance has played in over 30 games and people still want to see what he can bring? Even if he return to the player that he was in Indy for us I would still be disappointed because it wouldn't be enough. His current numbers and percentages are on line with the way he played and shot his rookie year so this isn't necessarily a anomaly for him, he's just not that good. Get out of this situation while we can if we can.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#1146 » by Diop » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:21 pm

BrotherDave wrote:Billy King is too busy being Billy King

Looks like he is too busy leaking Denvers trade offers to the press. What a douche
tondi123
Starter
And1: 1,376

Post#1147 » by tondi123 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:52 pm

King now prefers to leak all prospective trades to the press to hear if he is going to get slammed for it before he does something that will get him roasted, like so many of his moves in the past.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,402

Post#1148 » by Hornet Mania » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:26 pm

tondi123 wrote:King now prefers to leak all prospective trades to the press to hear if he is going to get slammed for it before he does something that will get him roasted, like so many of his moves in the past.

Yep, it definitely seems that way. Our front office basically never leaks anything, when all the rumors were coming out regarding Lance/JJ etc. it was pretty obvious it was the Nets floating them out there as trial balloons or to gain leverage. Whoever Prokorov sells the team to needs to dump Billy King asap, he's just not capable of improving any roster and the damage he's already done to Brooklyn's future is staggering. I feel for Nets fans.
hotrod
Veteran
And1: 150

Post#1149 » by hotrod » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:39 pm

I would feel better about deal if we got Plumlee or Bogdanovic as well. Johnson still productive and can fill a huge need. Raptors saw the need to double him every time he touched the ball last night. He can shoot well from distance and demands double teams in the post. Still a very productive player.

I would really like to see us persue Wesley Matthews this offseason. He reminds me a lot of a Joe Johnson. Very tough player.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,402

Post#1150 » by Hornet Mania » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:28 pm

Johnson for Lance/Hendo/Marv is probably a slight upgrade because it consolidates the value into a single player, plus it opens up some roster spots to try out D-League hopefuls. You can't find the next Linsanity or Hassan GOATside if the end of your bench is Jason Maxiell and Pargo in a suit. As a bonus, Vonleh gets more minutes. It would improve our offense a ton, especially with Kemba out. But that's why Brooklyn won't do it, or at least would probably demand a little extra beyond the three rotation guys we're sending out making it a none-starter on our side.
Eoghan
RealGM

Post#1151 » by Eoghan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:54 pm

catch20two wrote:We are what 3 months into the season and Lance has played in over 30 games and people still want to see what he can bring? Even if he return to the player that he was in Indy for us I would still be disappointed because it wouldn't be enough. His current numbers and percentages are on line with the way he played and shot his rookie year so this isn't necessarily a anomaly for him, he's just not that good. Get out of this situation while we can if we can.

He has been hurt literally the entire time he's been here. It's painfully obvious he doesn't have his legs under him from dealing with one groin issue to another.
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Re: Re: Charlotte and Nets trade rumor Update Page 51 

Post#1152 » by BlackOutBuzz » Sun Feb 1, 2015 12:09 am

Sachmo wrote:
BrotherDave wrote:Billy King is too busy being Billy King

Looks like he is too busy leaking Denvers trade offers to the press. What a douche

Yeah, I've been annoyed with King's antics of late, and I can't imagine it's endearing to his contemporaries either.

Then there's the demands...I've been reading he wants a first to "take on" Lance, as if he's the bad contract in this scenario.

And then Denver's refusal to trade "core pieces" for Lopez. Another source identified Lawson, Chandler, Faried, and Nurkic as the core. So King wants one (multiple?) of them for Brook freaking Lopez.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#1153 » by catch20two » Sun Feb 1, 2015 12:29 am

BrotherDave wrote:
catch20two wrote:We are what 3 months into the season and Lance has played in over 30 games and people still want to see what he can bring? Even if he return to the player that he was in Indy for us I would still be disappointed because it wouldn't be enough. His current numbers and percentages are on line with the way he played and shot his rookie year so this isn't necessarily a anomaly for him, he's just not that good. Get out of this situation while we can if we can.

He has been hurt literally the entire time he's been here. It's painfully obvious he doesn't have his legs under him from dealing with one groin issue to another.

Injured or not he's just not that good. Nobody's fault but his own if he keep catching groin injury after groin injury because he's not in shape for pro basketball.

Hell even a physically healthy version of Lance don't excuse the mentally unhealthy habits of his game like overdribbling and turnovers. The guy is a one hit wonder. Not even half as good as Big Al whom you hate.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#1154 » by DY_nasty » Sun Feb 1, 2015 12:47 am

catch20two wrote:
BrotherDave wrote:

Injured or not he's just not that good. Nobody's fault but his own if he keep catching groin injury after groin injury because he's not in shape for pro basketball.

Hell even a physically healthy version of Lance don't excuse the mentally unhealthy habits of his game like overdribbling and turnovers. The guy is a one hit wonder. Not even half as good as Big Al whom you hate.

When you start stuff out like "injured or not" you're not making the best case...

If anything, I'm impressed Lance has conducted himself so well despite the FO throwing him under the bus.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#1155 » by catch20two » Sun Feb 1, 2015 1:00 am

Shouldn't be looking for a backup PG if Lance was what he was cracked up to be. Also if he's hurt then he need to sit back down. He sat out almost a whole month. I could do without him for another month if we had options. Since we don't I hope he can build his trade value so that we can trade him. It's like the more he play the more he make teams change their mind on any interest in him.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#1156 » by DY_nasty » Sun Feb 1, 2015 1:49 am

catch20two wrote:Shouldn't be looking for a backup PG if Lance was what he was cracked up to be. Also if he's hurt then he need to sit back down. He sat out almost a whole month. I could do without him for another month if we had options. Since we don't I hope he can build his trade value so that we can trade him. It's like the more he play the more he make teams change their mind on any interest in him.

But he's been clearly hurt :lol:

I don't like scapegoating guys - especially not new guys.

Also, I'd be okay with trading 1sts with Brooklyn too. Give them a protected this year and we get a pick in 2025 or whenever they get another 1st round pick :lol:
catch20two
RealGM

Post#1157 » by catch20two » Sun Feb 1, 2015 1:56 am

DY_nasty wrote:
catch20two wrote:Shouldn't be looking for a backup PG if Lance was what he was cracked up to be. Also if he's hurt then he need to sit back down. He sat out almost a whole month. I could do without him for another month if we had options. Since we don't I hope he can build his trade value so that we can trade him. It's like the more he play the more he make teams change their mind on any interest in him.

Also, I'd be okay with trading 1sts with Brooklyn too. Give them a protected this year and we get a pick in 2025 or whenever they get another 1st round pick :lol:

I don't know how hurt he's been or how serious it is but everybody is nicked up.

Don't gotta scapegoat Lance when he's been like the worst negative net player on the team. That's not scapegoating, that's telling it like it is.

Rookie Kemba was better than this Contract Lance.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#1158 » by DY_nasty » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:04 am

catch20two wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:

I don't know how hurt he's been or how serious it is but everybody is nicked up.

Don't gotta scapegoat Lance when he's been like the worst negative net player on the team. That's not scapegoating, that's telling it like it is.

Rookie Kemba was better than this Contract Lance.

This isn't a war :roll: "everybody is hurt, slap some dirt on it" doesn't apply here :lol:

and no, gary neal exists.

also, rookie year kemba and lance have like... nothing in common but whatever

lets just agree to disagree on that one
Eoghan
RealGM

Post#1159 » by Eoghan » Sun Feb 1, 2015 3:04 am

You picked a bad night to **** talk about Lance, LOL.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#1160 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Feb 1, 2015 3:06 am

BrotherDave wrote:You picked a bad night to **** talk about Lance, LOL.

lol
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.

Return to Charlotte Hornets