Re: Wet - The Jeremy Lamb Thread 

Post#541 » by MPM » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:47 pm

steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#542 » by steady » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:36 am

^fun read

Said Lamb of his contract: "Some people say 'You could have gotten more if you play 'this' way and showed your value. You should have waited.' But I love the game of basketball. It was just a real blessing that they would offer me [that] before I was anything in the league. They simply offered me that because they believed in me. And that was huge to me.

Clifford said

This is what I think: Let's see how, after 30 games, people are playing," he said. "I'm looking for the best roles for the team. Some guys are great players 22 minutes a night playing against [subs], especially guys who haven't ever played [regularly] before
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#543 » by catch20two » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Sounds like there might be some conflict between how Cho view Lamb and how Clifford view him. Lol. I'm okay with Cliff bringing him along slowly but damn Hairston is so bad idk if he deserve any minutes. Lol
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#544 » by Braggins » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Lamb seems like he has a fantastic attitude. Doesn't care about the money. Hes just happy to play and be in a situation where he is appreciated. Its really refreshing to have guys like this when other teams are having to deal with mediocre players demanding massive contracts left and right.
BatumtheGlue
Starter
And1: 441

Post#545 » by BatumtheGlue » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:53 pm

He should try to play off the ball more...
Mamut menteng ureh utusku, isen mulang jite penyangku.
Credit to amcoolio for the signature .gif.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#546 » by fatlever » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:06 pm

BatumtheGlue wrote:He should try to play off the ball more...

Agreed. I think if Lamb wants to become a regular in the starting and closing minutes of each game then he needs to improve a few areas, mainly defense, get stronger so he can defend small forwards, and get better and playing off the ball. I'd also like to see him improve at drawing fouls.

Currently, I feel better about closing games with Lin since Lin is a stronger and smarter defender.

I hate PJ starting, but I don't really have a huge desire to put Lamb in the starting lineup either. I kinda like his role as it is, at least until he gets better at some of the things mentioned.

If PJ is going to continue to start, he shouldn't see more than 12 total minutes, 6 minutes to start each half. Anything more just can't be justified given his level of ineptitude on offense.
Mystical Apples
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,349

Post#547 » by Mystical Apples » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:38 pm

It's funny but I already see Lamb as a plus defender when used properly. Flip side he looks better individually on offense but within the team context he has a long way to go. Some of that is roster construction and some is awareness and reps in this system.

I wouldn't judge him until MKG comes back and we see what he can do in a style he was acquired for.
geometry
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,168

Post#548 » by SWedd523 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:26 pm

he could definitely improve, but I see Lamb scoring mostly on off ball screens and movement a la homeless man's Rip Hamilton. To me, consistency is his issue. He can get open damn near whenever he wants but he tends to disappear for stretches..though I'm not sure if that's due to the play calling or what.

I want him to display the ability to break his man down and score in ISO situations so he can maintain offensive pressure on his matchup
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,718

Post#549 » by TinmanZBoy » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:45 pm

I actually think Lamb could develop into a better playmaker with the ball than he is now... quick decisions, some quite impressive passes
my knock on him is his defense, as athletic as he is, he is bit slow in rotations ...and he is too thin
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#550 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Lamb is impressive finishing around the rim and spotting up off curls. ISO sometimes go in but I don't think it's a good shot.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#551 » by bws94 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:31 pm

Lamb is fine. Really, he's going to be a solid player. Right now, he plays best with Lin. He likes playing with Lin and Lin sets him up best. After that, it's Batum. Lamb can create on his own to some level, but he's still best getting the ball in a position where he can get his best shot or drive and dish and I've found that Lin and Batum do the best job in that.

Where he needs to improve is defensively but that's often the case with young players. He has huge physical attributes in terms of length and great physical skills like good lateral movement. If he commits to defense, he'll get there. Nice kid, very useful player that can get red hot and win you games, especially if he gets the ball in the right place as he moves off the ball well.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#552 » by bws94 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:37 pm

catch20two wrote:
Radu_Hornets wrote:
catch20two wrote:Why don't you understand that our starting unit suffers with PJ out there? That's why the bench be having a higher offensive rating than the starters because they have Lamb.

Just watch lamb when he is with the starters... He basically stays in the corner and never touches the ball. The tactics of the starters are designed for Walker - Jefferson - Batum. If lamb was playing with the starter he wouldn't have the chance to exploit his potential.

With the second unit, you can clearly see that the plays are designed for lamb to get the ball. It's working this way at the moment... I find no reason to change...

You must not know how many countless possessions of Lin's tunnel vision and driving into traffic I watch when Lamb play with the 2nd unit. I gotta look up the numbers but I doubt there's really any dropoff with Lamb with the 1st unit other than the defense with Albus on the floor. Hairston get plenty of looks and touches but his bum ass don't know what to do with it and waste possessions whether he's bricking or turning the ball over.

Lin sometimes has tunnel vision but paradoxically has excellent court vision as well. Lin is Lamb's best facilitator to play with by a mile. Lin looks for Lamb and I think has the best chemistry of all the players with Lamb.

The Jeremys are a force together and I think are one of the strongest tandems on the team. That's why I go for Lamb staying in his current position but I think both Jeremys should play 27 plus minutes a game, they help each other.

With the others, only Batum helps out Lamb. He almost disappears and just doesn't work as well with the starting unit as he does with the transition unit and the bench.
Mystical Apples
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,349

Post#553 » by Mystical Apples » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:52 pm

I would classify Lin as a below average facilitator for a pg. Most of his passing comes from the pressure he applies trying to score for himself in a downhill fashion, not some inherent ability to move teammates open to get them their shots.

This holds with Lamb also, even more so, as Lamb is most definitely a poor facilitator. Defensively I like them together quite a bit, offensively not so much. They're both ball dominant for their positions and it shows in how it effects the offensive flow when they play together- they may look good but the other 3 players do a lot of standing around while they take turns.

Lin's play is far more dependent on which bigs are on the floor with him. Lamb's overall effectiveness depends on getting him open looks in space without the need to make decisions. I like Batum with Lamb, Kaminsky and Zeller with Lin, and Al with neither.

Of the 10 or so 3 man lineup iterations in which either appear, only twice is it together. For a case study look at the assist ratio of the 3 man lineup that includes Lin, Lamb, and Kemba as an extrapolation of the above - it's 12.2 which is awful. Not a critique of any of them individually, just reality of what happens when multiple players want the ball in their hands

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612766/lineups/advanced/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&GroupQuantity=3&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1&CF=MIN*GE*40
geometry
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#554 » by Elden Payton » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:20 am

I love this guy.

His stats just continue to go up.

13/5/1.5 in 24 minutes a game is nothing to sneeze at and he's 6MOY for me right now.

Love your work Cho.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#555 » by HornetJail » Tue Dec 1, 2015 2:06 am

Wings/guards averaging 25pts/10reb per 100 possessions in the last five seasons:

1) Russell Westbrook (x2)
2) LeBron James (x3)
3) Jeremy Lamb
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#556 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Dec 1, 2015 2:09 am

This is what happens when you ban us.
It has been written...
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#557 » by yosemiteben » Tue Dec 1, 2015 2:16 am

MasterIchiro wrote:This is what happens when you ban us.

So are you saying we should or should not ban you more often 8-)
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Post#558 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Dec 1, 2015 2:26 am

Lol when and why did you get banned
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#559 » by HornetJail » Tue Dec 1, 2015 2:36 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:

bigger Q- why is sik suspended?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Post#560 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Dec 1, 2015 2:38 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

bigger Q- why is sik suspended?

Lol. Sik can get a little hot every now and then. Probably ventured over to the GB and said something.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.

Return to Charlotte Hornets