Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Re: Charlotte Looking for a PG 

Post#201 » by stinger14 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:43 pm

[list=][/list]
BuzzKing60 wrote:Would love for us to go after Mo Williams

Yes, should not cost a fortune, good fill in for Kemba to keep us in playoff contention, and could play with Kemba for short stretches and compliment him well when he returns.
BuzzKing60
Senior
And1: 72

Post#202 » by BuzzKing60 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:52 pm

stinger14 wrote:[list=][/list]

Yes, should not cost a fortune, good fill in for Kemba to keep us in playoff contention, and could play with Kemba for short stretches and compliment him well when he returns.

And dump off Gary Neal in the process!
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#203 » by stinger14 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:27 pm

BuzzKing60 wrote:
stinger14 wrote:[list=][/list]

And dump off Gary Neal in the process!

True, how could I leave out the best part
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,564

Post#204 » by fatlever » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:57 pm

Pargo not close to returning: Veteran point guard Jannero Pargo has missed the past 17 games with a sore lower back. Pargo is cleared for shooting drills, but he’s not yet ready for any contact drills. So it appears unlikely he’ll play soon.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_n ... itude.html

bummer
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,564

Post#205 » by fatlever » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:59 pm

at what point does it become counterproductive to have your 15th man (who is also on a 1 year vet min deal) remain on the roster when they have been injured for the past 17 games and arent close to returning? we need point guard help now.
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#206 » by BlackOutBuzz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:35 am

He should just retire then, we can bring him back as an assistant. No sense in holding onto him when he can't be counted on for the one stretch he's needed.
dmutombo321
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Re: 

Post#207 » by dmutombo321 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:53 am

BlackOutBuzz wrote:He should just retire then, we can bring him back as an assistant. No sense in holding onto him when he can't be counted on for the one stretch he's needed.

^ This. That is Pargo's value anyway. The veteran presence who mentors the young guys. He can accomplish the same role as an assistant coach and free up a roster spot in the process
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#208 » by TheKingofSting » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:52 am

Pargo is a crutch for Cliff just like Maxiell.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,035

Post#209 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:55 am

Pargo must be one hell of a locker room guy to still have a job right now. To have what seems like a pretty bad back injury when you literally never play and still be on a roster when we need a PG worse than anyone in the entire league and have to play Gary freaking Neal and Lance as a backup PG is just really.... Weird.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 412

Post#210 » by dubasilva » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:56 am

Cole from the Heat?
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#211 » by TheKingofSting » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:56 am

I'd rather just play Zeller as the backup PG.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#212 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:00 am

dubasilva wrote:Cole from the Heat?

Only if we exchange garbage for garbage. You and I both know that Cole is terrible. Can't be any worse than Neal, but you guys won't get any type of significant asset for him.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#213 » by catch20two » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:07 am

I honestly think Cole is playing so bad because he don't want to be in Miami and wanna force his way to his hometown Cleveland so he can be with Lebron again.

Cole is a little part to a big piece of why Miami won 2 chips over the past 3 years. He hit big shots in those playoffs and finals series'. I would love to trade for him. I just wouldn't be willing to give up much for a backup.

I like Cole but I think there's better options all in all because I don't think he would want to be in Charlotte. He want to be back with Lebron.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 412

Post#214 » by dubasilva » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:09 am

catch20two wrote:I honestly think Cole is playing so bad because he don't want to be in Miami and wanna force his way to his hometown Cleveland so he can be with Lebron again.

Cole is a little part to a big piece of why Miami won 2 chips over the past 3 years. He hit big shots in those playoffs and finals series'. I would love to trade for him. I just wouldn't be willing to give up much for a backup.

I like Cole but I think there's better options all in all because I don't think he would want to be in Charlotte. He want to be back with Lebron.

I totally agree with that. He wants to play with Lebron again.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#215 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:10 am

catch20two wrote:I honestly think Cole is playing so bad because he don't want to be in Miami and wanna force his way to his hometown Cleveland so he can be with Lebron again.

There is talent in the D-League. We should cut Pargo and utilize that. Not even trying to say we need to sign Seth Curry because hes not a pure PG, but anything, something other than Neal running the point right now.

Even if Pargo was healthy he couldn't guard a rotting human body. Need a backup PG immediately.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#216 » by catch20two » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:27 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:

There is talent in the D-League. We should cut Pargo and utilize that. Not even trying to say we need to sign Seth Curry because hes not a pure PG, but anything, something other than Neal running the point right now.

Even if Pargo was healthy he couldn't guard a rotting human body. Need a backup PG immediately.

I wouldnt cut Pargo. He's like our assistant coach the way he motivate our young players. Cut Jeff Taylor because he never should've been on the roster anyway. Pay for the mistake of keeping Taylor and move on.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#217 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:29 am

catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

I wouldnt cut Pargo. He's like our assistant coach the way he motivate our young players. Cut Jeff Taylor because he never should've been on the roster anyway. Pay for the mistake of keeping Taylor and move on.

We need a PG right now. If anything cut both of them.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#218 » by DY_nasty » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:30 am

Cole has like... never been good thought lol

Miami was making up reasons for seasons - inventing ways and theories to get Chalmers out of the starting lineup. Norris Cole isn't good at anything other than giving smaller, quick point guards fits.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,503

Post#219 » by HornetJail » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:30 am

If I was the GM, I'd have cut Taylor, Neal, and Maxiell by now and replaced all of them with D-League/Euro dudes. Pargo would be next to go
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#220 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:34 am

BizGilwalker wrote:If I was the GM, I'd have cut Taylor, Neal, and Maxiell by now and replaced all of them with D-League/Euro dudes. Pargo would be next to go

I actually kind of like Maxiell lately. I think he gets a ton of hate due to Clifford playing him over Biyombo earlier this season, but he hasn't been that bad at all.

Edit: Neal, damn.

Thats all I have to say

Return to Charlotte Hornets