Hornets Playoff Watch

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Re: Hornets Playoff Watch 

Post#421 » by Stun704 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Theres no way in hell Maxiell is better then Vonleh
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Re: Re: Hornets Playoff Watch 

Post#422 » by BlackOutBuzz » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Hornet Mania wrote:Still prefer a 4-1 loss against Atlanta to the seeing the 10th pick in a suit next year.

I'm not so sure anymore. If it were playoffs or pick 12 I'd be with you. But man, that 9th pick is a sweet spot for sliding players.

Iguodala, Noah, DeRozan, Hayward, Kemba, Drummond, Burke, Vonleh...

Hezonja? Johnson? Winslow? Porzingis?
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,387

Re: Re: Hornets Playoff Watch 

Post#423 » by Hornet Mania » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:16 pm

BlackOutBuzz wrote:
Hornet Mania wrote:Still prefer a 4-1 loss against Atlanta to the seeing the 10th pick in a suit next year.

I'm not so sure anymore. If it were playoffs or pick 12 I'd be with you. But man, that 9th pick is a sweet spot for sliding players.

Iguodala, Noah, DeRozan, Hayward, Kemba, Drummond, Burke, Vonleh...

Hezonja? Johnson? Winslow? Porzingis?

Plenty of talent falls to spot 15 as well. http://www.nba.com/sixers/features/history-shines-15-pick Including our good friend Big Al! I know we're all on board now, right fellas? Right? Sort of undermined my own point a bit...

82games Expected Value rankings actually say the 15th pick is 5% more likely to be a solid pro, the flip side being it's 20% less likely to be a star. 9th pick has 35% chance of becoming a role player (highest probability) while the 15th has a 30% chance of becoming a role player (also highest probability). http://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm More than anything the expected probability shows that the draft historically is a massive crap shoot.

I get where you're coming from though, we'll probably get the last of the seven guys that are all called "top-5 talents" (assuming a couple teams go completely off the reservation as usual) like with Vonleh so it's hard to argue against that sort of upside. Cliff's track record with young players isn't promising unfortunately, which gives me pause. He gave MKG very limited minutes up until this season, Vonleh gets no run even though Maxiell is producing literally nothing on many nights and he seems actively antagonistic towards Hairston. Cody is a HUGE exception, but he was labeled "NBA ready" even before the draft, and god help me, I truly believe that is the one any only reason Cliff stuck with him through the early struggles. He seems like a man that respects labels like "veteran" or "NBA ready" above even actual on-court production. If we end up with Winslow and he's nailed to the bench in favor of Lance next year because he has to "earn his minutes in this league" or some such nonsense I'm going to break my TV watching that interview.

Anyways, I just can't bring myself to actively hope for, or even feel good about, losses. If we end up in the lottery I'll root for ping-pong balls like any good Hornets fans, but when we're a 1/2 game out of 8th it just feels wrong. Undeserved Playoff Spots 4 Lyfe :rock:
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#424 » by Eoghan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:26 pm

catch20two wrote:
BrotherDave wrote:
catch20two wrote:Playoffs?! Lol. Who are we drafting?

Sam Dekker!

Maybe Kaminsky but Dekker is going late 1st into the 2nd.

Cho can't wait that long to get his short armed stretch 2.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,633

Post#425 » by yosemiteben » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:39 am

Bucks outscored the Pacers by twenty in the first quarter.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#426 » by BeesWax » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:06 am

BrotherDave wrote:
catch20two wrote:
BrotherDave wrote:Sam Dekker!

Maybe Kaminsky but Dekker is going late 1st into the 2nd.

If you want a short armed shooter then why pass on Booker.
Spoiler:
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#427 » by catch20two » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:18 am

yosemiteben wrote:Bucks outscored the Pacers by twenty in the first quarter.

I doubt Ilyasova will have a 2nd half like that 1st half. I got the Pacers still winning.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Eoghan
RealGM

Post#428 » by Eoghan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:24 am

jdm3 wrote:
BrotherDave wrote:
catch20two wrote:Maybe Kaminsky but Dekker is going late 1st into the 2nd.

If you want a short armed shooter then why pass on Booker.

I don't really want him but Dekker has better size and maybe athleticism.
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Re: Re: Re: Hornets Playoff Watch 

Post#429 » by BlackOutBuzz » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:33 am

Hornet Mania wrote:Anyways, I just can't bring myself to actively hope for, or even feel good about, losses. If we end up in the lottery I'll root for ping-pong balls like any good Hornets fans, but when we're a 1/2 game out of 8th it just feels wrong. Undeserved Playoff Spots 4 Lyfe :rock:

I try to separate the micro view of winning games vs. the macro view of improving draft position. Of course this is basically impossible, but this team just has me so **** conflicted. Of course I wasn't pulling for Brooklyn last night, but I can't lie, gaining ping pong balls is a nice consolation. Perhaps it's a defense mechanism I've developed after years of lolcats basketball.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#430 » by catch20two » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:48 am

I thought the Pacers would complete the comeback but they couldn't. The Bucks surprisingly winning yet another game has helped us. The Bucks will probably lose out of the playoffs but it helps us that they are beating teams that we need to stay close to.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,043

Post#431 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:11 am

I don't care anymore
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#432 » by Robot Rock » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:52 am

I've made peace that this season was a disappointment. It had a few good moments but it sucked.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#433 » by yosemiteben » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:03 am

catch20two wrote:I thought the Pacers would complete the comeback but they couldn't. The Bucks surprisingly winning yet another game has helped us. The Bucks will probably lose out of the playoffs but it helps us that they are beating teams that we need to stay close to.

Yup, got no problem with the Bucks beating all the teams we need help gaining on.
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#434 » by W_HAMILTON » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:47 am

Looks like it could be a pretty good night for us, but we have to start winning again for any of this to matter...

Tonight's important games:

MIA at ATL
BKN vs CLE
BOS at NYK (sucks)

Losing that BKN game really hurts, even though you could say the same about any of our plentiful losses lately...... The playoffs were/still are there for the taking, but this team just acts like it doesn't care anymore.
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#435 » by yosemiteben » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:40 pm

W_HAMILTON wrote:we have to start winning again for any of this to matter...

The playoffs were/still are there for the taking, but this team just acts like it doesn't care anymore.

Yep.
BobsBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 100

Post#436 » by BobsBuddy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:06 pm

:o :o :lol: :lol: Now We are at the point that we need to go 8-4 down the stretch to make the 8th seed....Must Win Tonight against Wizards... Lets look at who we have left .. and predictions on Win or Loss
Washington W
Atlanta L
Boston W
Detroit W
Indiana L
Philly W
Miami L
Toronto W
Atlanta L
Detroit W
Houston L
Toronto W

7-5 might do it if Miami and Indiana lose to other teams?
Eoghan
RealGM

Post#437 » by Eoghan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:24 am

Mods, please change thread title to "Hornets Draft Pick Watch." Thank you.

Regards,
BrotherDave, esquire.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#438 » by catch20two » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:28 am

With MKG out we might not win another game against anybody except for MAYBE Philly. Perfect setup for a top 5 pick.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,339

Post#439 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:34 am

BobsBuddy wrote::o :o :lol: :lol: Now We are at the point that we need to go 8-4 down the stretch to make the 8th seed....Must Win Tonight against Wizards... Lets look at who we have left .. and predictions on Win or Loss
Washington W
Atlanta L
Boston W
Detroit W
Indiana L
Philly W
Miami L
Toronto W
Atlanta L
Detroit W
Houston L
Toronto W

7-5 might do it if Miami and Indiana lose to other teams?

Washington L

Atlanta L
Boston L
Detroit L/W
Indiana L
Philly W
Miami L
Toronto L
Atlanta L
Detroit W/L
Houston L
Toronto L

I say at best we close out 3-8.

We need Pistons + Nuggets to close out 7-4.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,339

Post#440 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:35 am

catch20two wrote:With MKG out we might not win another game against anybody except for MAYBE Philly. Perfect setup for a top 5 pick.

I say top 7 is doable. The Kings will cling but we can fall past the Pistons and Nuggets. Best case scenario is 7 before the lottery and maybe we jump into top-3.
It has been written...

Return to Charlotte Hornets