ImageImage

Motor Keeps Going: The Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Thread III

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Re: Motor Keeps Going: The Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Thread III 

Post#201 » by LofJ » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:36 pm

LamarMatic7 wrote:I see some random names voting for MKG. a Blazers announcer (Mike Rice), a Raptors announcer (Jack Armstrong), a Celtics reporter.

by the way, a shameless plug that if you want to read my review on MKG's season, which includes things I like about his defense, you can read it here:
http://lamarmatic.com/2015/04/17/season ... gilchrist/

I think he's obviously going to continue to refine his new jump shot this offseason, but do you think our coaching staff is even aware of MKG's weak left hand? I think that's an even bigger issue than his shot right now. I know he'll improve his shot over the offseason, but will he work on using his left hand when going to the rim?

If he can get both of these issues worked out he'll be heading to an all-star game. Call me crazy, but I want to see that happen next year.
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#202 » by LamarMatic7 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:46 pm

LofJ wrote:
LamarMatic7 wrote:I see some random names voting for MKG. a Blazers announcer (Mike Rice), a Raptors announcer (Jack Armstrong), a Celtics reporter.

by the way, a shameless plug that if you want to read my review on MKG's season, which includes things I like about his defense, you can read it here:

I think he's obviously going to continue to refine his new jump shot this offseason, but do you think our coaching staff is even aware of MKG's weak left hand? I think that's an even bigger issue than his shot right now. I know he'll improve his shot some more over the offseason, but will he work on using his left hand when going to the rim?

I have no idea whether they are. They probably should be.. right? I hope so...
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#203 » by LofJ » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:52 pm

LamarMatic7 wrote:
LofJ wrote:

I think he's obviously going to continue to refine his new jump shot this offseason, but do you think our coaching staff is even aware of MKG's weak left hand? I think that's an even bigger issue than his shot right now. I know he'll improve his shot some more over the offseason, but will he work on using his left hand when going to the rim?

Every little bit helps, I'll try to tweet/instagram the team about it when I get the chance.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,081

Post#204 » by JDR720 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:56 pm

when he isn't practicing his jumper he should set up some boxing dummies and dribble around them and finish with his left hand. maybe get some pool noodles and attach them to the dummies so he gets hit some.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#205 » by BeesWax » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:00 pm

JDR720 wrote:when he isn't practicing his jumper he should set up some boxing dummies and dribble around them and finish with his left hand. maybe get some pool noodles and attach them to the dummies so he gets hit some.

I have some time and noodles this summer. I will stand around and take swings at him as he goes up with his left.
Spoiler:
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#206 » by LamarMatic7 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:01 pm

LofJ wrote:
LamarMatic7 wrote:
LofJ wrote:

Every little bit helps, I'll try to tweet/instagram the team about it when I get the chance.

Thanks, man.
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#207 » by countryboi » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:23 pm

LofJ wrote:

I think he's obviously going to continue to refine his new jump shot this offseason, but do you think our coaching staff is even aware of MKG's weak left hand? I think that's an even bigger issue than his shot right now. I know he'll improve his shot over the offseason, but will he work on using his left hand when going to the rim?

If he can get both of these issues worked out he'll be heading to an all-star game. Call me crazy, but I want to see that happen next year.

MKG needs to get stronger he is already a decent size but he has to get stronger and finish though contact
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#208 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:04 am

I suspect that more strength would help protect him from injury some as well.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Post#209 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat May 2, 2015 3:39 am

MKG sure didn't waste any time beginning his off season workouts.

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/2GcgUNtF20/[/instagram]
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
ball teacher
Starter
And1: 259

Post#210 » by ball teacher » Sat May 2, 2015 12:17 pm

Mkg needs to lift weights if he will continue to play SF, he's long limbed and kinda strong, but he's not really tall for the position at at 6'6-6'7 (6'7 seems to be a generous height listing imo).

Also he needs to shoot over 1000 jump shots. It could be difficult while bulking but he needs tons of shot repetition to learn how to perfect HIS shot. lastly I think MKG needs to develop a mid range floater, this summer, and use next summer to work on shooting off the dribble and extending his range.

I see the complaints abut MKG'S handles, I think they have regressed some but it's not a weakness like his lack of strength (which contributes to his losing the ball and awkward falling and injuries). Tons of shots, weightroom, and a floater is all MKG should focus on, and all he shouldve been doing, not learning how to place his feet and elbows for 2 years....smh.
"Thou shalt not test basketball Mcjesus at the rim or ye shall receive the forearm of righteousness" Flip Murray
InProblematique
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#211 » by InProblematique » Sat May 2, 2015 7:16 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:MKG sure didn't waste any time beginning his off season workouts.

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/2GcgUNtF20/[/instagram]

Why is that trainer flashing the shocker? lol
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#212 » by HornetJail » Sun May 3, 2015 4:31 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MKG14/status/594893210134126592[/tweet]

Did anyone else nearly **** themselves before they realized it was about the spurs?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Radu_Hornets
Rookie
And1: 325

Post#213 » by Radu_Hornets » Sun May 3, 2015 5:35 pm

BizGilwalker wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/MKG14/status/594893210134126592[/tweet]
Did anyone else nearly **** themselves before they realized it was about the spurs?

About what?
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#214 » by HornetJail » Sun May 3, 2015 5:39 pm

Radu_Hornets wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/MKG14/status/594893210134126592[/tweet]

About what?

Ah, MKG deleted the tweet.

He said "Well, it's been a great run and all great things come to an end" or something like that. I was walking down the stairs when I saw the tweet and nearly fell down the entire flight of stairs thinking we traded him or some ****.

It was obviously about the Spurs once you think about it though
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Radu_Hornets
Rookie

Post#215 » by Radu_Hornets » Sun May 3, 2015 6:09 pm

BizGilwalker wrote:
Radu_Hornets wrote:

About what?

He said "Well, it's been a great run and all great things come to an end" or something like that. I was walking down the stairs when I saw the tweet and nearly fell down the entire flight of stairs thinking we traded him or some ****.

Haha yeah I'd have freaked out as well !
InProblematique
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#216 » by InProblematique » Sun May 3, 2015 6:48 pm

BizGilwalker wrote:
Radu_Hornets wrote:

About what?

Yeah, I was at work and I began frantically checking hoopshype, Google News, SN, every place I could think of. I was about an inch away from screaming at my phone in the middle of all of my coworkers.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#217 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun May 3, 2015 10:18 pm

Better be about the Spurs.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Radu_Hornets
Rookie

Post#218 » by Radu_Hornets » Sun May 17, 2015 12:04 pm

was entertaining to go through

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1184692#start_here
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#219 » by BeesWax » Sun May 17, 2015 2:21 pm

So the question is when did Crunk get kicked out and did he come back as Messy2two?
Spoiler:
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#220 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun May 17, 2015 2:32 pm

jdm3 wrote:So the question is when did Crunk get kicked out and did he come back as Messy2two?

I don't remember when or why, but I actually liked Crunk as a poster. I'm sure he's on here somewhere.

Return to Charlotte Hornets