ImageImage

2015-16 Fake Trade Thread

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,475

Re: 2015-16 Fake Trade Thread 

Post#141 » by LofJ » Tue May 12, 2015 7:59 pm

Does anyone think Boston would be interested in trading their 16th pick along with Dallas' 2016 1st (1-7 protected) for the 9th pick?

We could then take Grant without reaching and that Dallas pick could end up becoming the same pick we have this year and would be a good trade chip to attach to our expiring deals.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,548

Post#142 » by yosemiteben » Tue May 12, 2015 8:11 pm

I bet they'd do that, but I haven't seen many mocks that have Grant dropping to 16 so Hornets would need to be willing to take someone else there.
LofJ
RealGM

Post#143 » by LofJ » Tue May 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Unless the Jazz take Grant at 12 he's likely to still be on the board at 16.

13 - The Suns don't need another PG
14 - The Thunder don't need a PG either
15 - The Hawks need wing depth and/or another big
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#144 » by yosemiteben » Tue May 12, 2015 8:52 pm

LofJ wrote:Unless the Jazz take Grant at 12 he's likely to still be on the board at 16.

13 - The Suns don't need another PG
14 - The Thunder don't need a PG either
15 - The Hawks need wing depth and/or another big

I can see the Thunder taking him. Grant has good size and athleticism and could be used as a combo guard, don't think he's limited to PG status. Plus Augustin is only around for one more year and who knows what's going to happen with Westbrook going forward.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#145 » by BeesWax » Tue May 12, 2015 9:22 pm

LofJ wrote:Does anyone think Boston would be interested in trading their 16th pick along with Dallas' 2016 1st (1-7 protected) for the 9th pick?

We could then take Grant without reaching and that Dallas pick could end up becoming the same pick we have this year and would be a good trade chip to attach to our expiring deals.

I would not mind the trade but no way would I attach the pick to one of our guys unless I get some good value back.
Spoiler:
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#146 » by yosemiteben » Thu May 14, 2015 2:20 am

I know, I know, I thought we were done with Lamb trades, but I would be totally down with a Lamb + 14 for 9 trade if Hezonja isn't there.

Sign me up for Lamb + Grant or Turner.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 42,930

Post#147 » by JDR720 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Im not a Lamb fan, i just dont think he is any good. if we trade down I would target Boston.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#148 » by DY_nasty » Thu May 21, 2015 4:47 am

This isn't like me... BUT

Kemba, Noel, and the #9 to NY for the #4 overall (Mudiay) and Galloway.

If it happened, I'm not sure how I'd feel but it feels pretty fair on both sides
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,127

Post#149 » by Braggins » Thu May 21, 2015 4:53 am

I could see NY being interested in Kemba and possibly even Lance. I don't know I'd give up Kemba to trade up for Mudiay, though. I would want Russell if I was going to do something like that.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#150 » by DY_nasty » Thu May 21, 2015 5:18 am

Braggins wrote:I could see NY being interested in Kemba and possibly even Lance. I don't know I'd give up Kemba to trade up for Mudiay, though. I would want Russell if I was going to do something like that.

I feel you

Just that I think that #4 is as high as anyone has a chance to trade up in this draft. The top 3 are getting exactly who they want.
Hugo The Hornet
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#151 » by Hugo The Hornet » Thu May 21, 2015 6:12 am

Are you really want to trade Kemba? Even not for Top 5 draft pick. He's too good to throw him for young big-risk prediction.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#152 » by Braggins » Thu May 21, 2015 7:26 am

Is Winslow worth trading up to 4? I still might give up Al and Lance to move up to 4 if Russell is off the board. I don't even know if there is a way to make the salaries work. I really wonder if New York might actually be interested in that package. Its a big risk but could somewhat legitimize them almost immediately if it worked out. Lance being from NY might mean something. They could take Stanley Johnson or WCS at 9. Worst case scenario they end up with Lance, Johnson, Melo, Al starting 2-5. That might be decent in the East and both Al's and Lance's contracts could come off the books after next season.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Re: 

Post#153 » by DY_nasty » Thu May 21, 2015 7:29 am

agree. the big thing with NY is that they NEED to make the playoffs next year considering they won't have their pick. they need as much talent as they can get asap. its hard for me to pretend that the value on lance is high, but al leaving next year gives them the option of a quality rental for a while....

that being said, the idea of a melo/jeff frontcourt made me throw up in my mouth
Hugo The Hornet wrote:Are you really want to trade Kemba? Even not for Top 5 draft pick. He's too good to throw him for young big-risk prediction.

absolutely. i'd even trade him and let mo run the show if it meant we'd get a top 5 pick - doesn't even have to be for mudiay. kristaps, hezonja are worth the gamble too imo.
Braggins
RealGM

Re: Re: 

Post#154 » by Braggins » Thu May 21, 2015 8:23 am

DY_nasty wrote:
that being said, the idea of a melo/jeff frontcourt made me throw up in my mouth

Johnson might be able to make it work similar to how MKG has for us. I mean, it isn't like Josh McRoberts was a much better defender than Melo and somehow that worked. I still think they'd prefer WCS tbh.
Hugo The Hornet
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#155 » by Hugo The Hornet » Thu May 21, 2015 12:12 pm

DY_nasty wrote:
Hugo The Hornet wrote:Are you really want to trade Kemba? Even not for Top 5 draft pick. He's too good to throw him for young big-risk prediction.

absolutely. i'd even trade him and let mo run the show if it meant we'd get a top 5 pick - doesn't even have to be for mudiay. kristaps, hezonja are worth the gamble too imo.

Surely not for Mudiay. Charlotte Hornets don't need to take risks now. Mudiay isn't what Charlotte Hornets need to look for. If we take Mudiay, it's a big-risk project because the guy showed really bad stats for PG (%34 outside, %57 FT) and he's more athlete than a PG. We need a Guard who knows to shoot. If we'll take him, we'll need to invest many time in changing his shoot technique and it will take 1-3 years until he will become normal shooter. It's a big project that Charlotte Hornets don't need to take right now. He has good driving skills, he's strong and he's big, but It's a big risk which I don't prefer to take right now. He can be tremendous PG few years from now, but I'm not a patient man, and the most of Charlotte Hornets supporters too.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RHutchinson7/status/511922934764408832[/tweet]
LofJ
RealGM

Post#156 » by LofJ » Thu May 21, 2015 6:16 pm

https://okafortheory.wordpress.com/2015/02/27/okafor-theory/

Just read this article about Okafor that basically described what happens to our offense when Al dominates possessions, it kills it. And then I got depressed after I remembered Clifford saying that Al "had to be out best player." God I hope someone in our organization has more sense than Clifford does and shows him the proof that building our offense around Al post ups is, quite frankly, (Please Use More Appropriate Word).

I did read an article in the Observer where Curtis Polk stated that our offense has to get more people involved to be successful. So hopefully they'll do something about it.

Here's the Polk article :

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article19479816.html
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#157 » by DY_nasty » Thu May 21, 2015 6:58 pm

Hugo The Hornet wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:

Surely not for Mudiay. Charlotte Hornets don't need to take risks now. Mudiay isn't what Charlotte Hornets need to look for. If we take Mudiay, it's a big-risk project because the guy showed really bad stats for PG (%34 outside, %57 FT) and he's more athlete than a PG. We need a Guard who knows to shoot. If we'll take him, we'll need to invest many time in changing his shoot technique and it will take 1-3 years until he will become normal shooter. It's a big project that Charlotte Hornets don't need to take right now. He has good driving skills, he's strong and he's big, but It's a big risk which I don't prefer to take right now. He can be tremendous PG few years from now, but I'm not a patient man, and the most of Charlotte Hornets supporters too.

mudiay is less of a risk than kemba is imo. it's already been 1-3 years and kemba still hasn't made significant shooting improvements while sitting on a huge contract :roll: . even if mudiay isn't a pg, we can rock with mo at point without a substantial drop in production, faze out henderson, and pick up whatever pg fits best later.

honestly, i thought more people would flip out over noel being offered as a part of any deal instead of kemba
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,503

Post#158 » by HornetJail » Thu May 21, 2015 9:12 pm

It blows my **** mind that people actually think Mudiay would solve the issues we have with Kemba. If we drafted Mudiay and started him at point guard with this roster going into next season, I'd set the over-under on his field goal percentage at 35% and our offense would be dead last in the league by a wide margin- not exaggerating one bit. Kemba is the only thing this offense has going for it right now until the young guys develop and we draft/sign some shooters. There are maybe ten PGs in the entire league that could replicate what Kemba has done in this system. Put a guy like Knight, Jackson, or even Lowry into this system. I don't think those guys are shooting 40% on the horrendous looks Kemba is forced into either. If we're trading Kemba for a pick right now, it had better be for Russell, and I don't expect that to be available.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#159 » by DY_nasty » Thu May 21, 2015 9:51 pm

BizGilwalker wrote:It blows my **** mind that people actually think Mudiay would solve the issues we have with Kemba. If we drafted Mudiay and started him at point guard with this roster going into next season, I'd set the over-under on his field goal percentage at 35% and our offense would be dead last in the league by a wide margin- not exaggerating one bit. Kemba is the only thing this offense has going for it right now until the young guys develop and we draft/sign some shooters. There are maybe ten PGs in the entire league that could replicate what Kemba has done in this system. Put a guy like Knight, Jackson, or even Lowry into this system. I don't think those guys are shooting 40% on the horrendous looks Kemba is forced into either. If we're trading Kemba for a pick right now, it had better be for Russell, and I don't expect that to be available.

he doesn't solve the issues. never said that at all.

i just think that we'll never get a better chance to get value out of kemba than now and the odds of kemba making some massive improvement after all this time in the league is slim at best. getting out of the contract, picking one of the best prospects on the board after three (i don't understand the infatuation with russell tbh - his stats against top 60 teams are all over the place 'to be nice'

James Madison: 14pts 33%FG(4-12) 33%3pt(2-6)

Louisville: 17pts 30%FG(6-20) 0%3pt(0-6)

North Carolina: 11pts 23%FG(4-17) 30%3pt(3-10)

Iowa: 13pts 25%FG(4-16) 12%3pt(1-8)

Indiana: 13pts 20%FG(3-15) 20%3pt(1-5)

Purdue: 20pts 38%FG(7-18) 27%3pt(2-7)

Michigan State: 10pts 30%FG(4-13) 28%3pt(2-7)

Wisconsin: 17pts 38%FG(7-18) 14%3pt(1-7)

*shoutout to the-coli
he had his good games too but that ain't top 3-most skilled guard-gotta have 'em stuff imo) isn't a bad way to move forward. i like kemba but not enough where i'd shirk at the idea of moving him for a chance to get to mold a guy like mudiay or hezonja.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#160 » by yosemiteben » Thu May 21, 2015 10:03 pm

DY_nasty wrote:i just think that we'll never get a better chance to get value out of kemba than now and the odds of kemba making some massive improvement after all this time in the league is slim at best.

Strongly disagree with both of these points. Trading him coming off a disappointing year just as he is about to start the first year of a five year deal is the best chance to maximize his trade value?

I think this year was an off year for about 3/4 of our roster. I would be shocked if he doesn't look much better next season with more familiarity with his teammates, more development and productivity from our young guys, hopefully a smoother running offense, repair of a knee issue that he has said has bothered him since high school, and a huge ass chip on his shoulder from last season.

Return to Charlotte Hornets