Hornets Cap Situation and Free Agents

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Re: Hornets Cap Situation and Free Agents 

Post#441 » by fatlever » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:21 pm

gonna unsticky now that we have a full roster.
MrMorrow
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#442 » by MrMorrow » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:55 am

I'm pretty sure we signed Hansbrough to $1.19 million for one year.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Post#443 » by Braggins » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:11 am

So, this is pretty premature, but the MKG extension has me excited and pondering potential free agent targets. I'm not a big fan of next years class, but there is actually one player I think we should make a big play for, and thats Al Horford. He might be close to the perfect center for this team and we could potentially sell him on our post oriented system and a max contract. Our cap situation is so good that I think we could offer him a 3-4 year max deal, barring injury issues or a decline in his production. I'm generally not a fan of overpaying much for non-superstar players, but his skill-set seriously seems nearly perfect for our roster and system.

Kemba/Lin
Batum/Lamb
MKG/
Frank/Zeller
Al/Hawes

If we win around 45 games and at least have one competitive playoff series I think we should go for it. If we can manage that with Al Jefferson imagine what we could do with Al Horford.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#444 » by HornetJail » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:19 am

Braggins wrote:So, this is pretty premature, but the MKG extension has me excited and pondering potential free agent targets. I'm not a big fan of next years class, but there is actually one player I think we should make a big play for, and thats Al Horford. He might be close to the perfect center for this team and we could potentially sell him on our post oriented system and a max contract. Our cap situation is so good that I think we could offer him a 3-4 year max deal, barring injury issues or a decline in his production. I'm generally not a fan of overpaying much for non-superstar players, but his skill-set seriously seems nearly perfect for our roster and system.

Kemba/Lin
Batum/Lamb
MKG/
Frank/Zeller
Al/Hawes

If we win around 45 games and at least have one competitive playoff series I think we should go for it. If we can manage that with Al Jefferson imagine what we could do with Al Horford.

I would totally throw a max deal at Al Horford if that's what it takes to pry him out of Atlanta. That might be $25 million plus, but he is a great guy to put next to Cody and/or Frank. As long as we have roughly 30 million in 2017 cap space, we should throw as much money at the 2016 free agents as we need to in order to field a really good team. By 2017, Kemba and MKG will both be enormous steals.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Post#445 » by yosemiteben » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:35 pm

@EricPincus
Even w/ MKG, Hornets (early) project to have from $0-$42.6 mil in spending power for summer of 2016 @BBallInsiders http://t.co/VsqiJJwtMF

Only have Kemba, MKG, Cody, Hawes, Frank, PJ, and unguaranteeds for Harrison or EWill locked in for next year. Have QOs for Lamb and Daniels.
hotrod
Veteran
And1: 150

Post#446 » by hotrod » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:24 pm

According to the recent SI article on Seth Curry, the Hornets made an offer to Seth after Vegas summer league. The Warriors and Pelicans also made offers.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Post#447 » by yosemiteben » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:37 pm

hotrod wrote:According to the recent SI article on Seth Curry, the Hornets made an offer to Seth after Vegas summer league. The Warriors and Pelicans also made offers.

Got a link?

Return to Charlotte Hornets