MKG/Marvin
Zeller/Kaminsky
Al/Biz???
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Re: New starting line-up? 

Post#3 » by mrknowitall215 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:57 am

I'm expecting a coerced starting lineup of 'Kemba-Batum-MKG-Zeller-Jefferson' at the tipoff of the regular season, but I think there will be changes as I feel like one or both of either Batum or Zeller don't belong, and would be better served as bench depth. I'm wondering how Marvin Williams will be used, or if he'll be traded...maybe Williams won't be traded, and it'll be Zeller that's traded..or maybe neither will be traded, and Williams will be moved to immediate reserve SF which I believe is ideal based on the current roster
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,147

Post#4 » by Braggins » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:59 am

It should be:

Kemba/MLE/Roberts
Batum/Lamb/Daniels
MKG/Hairston/Marv
Kaminsky/Zeller
Biz/Hawes/Al (should be traded or cut)

It will be:

Kemba/MLE/Roberts
Batum/Lamb/Daniels
MKG/Marv/Hairston
Kaminsky/Zeller
Al/Hawes/Biz
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,238

Post#5 » by amcoolio » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:03 am

I'd go with Kemba/Batum/MKG/Kaminsky/Zeller. Zeller can defend the best opposing big and it would create matchup problems.

Also fine with the Kemba/Lamb/Batum/MKG/Zeller lineup for periods of time.

Really disappointed we couldn't find a way to get the sliding Jerian Grant. Our backup PG spot is the next thing that needs to be addressed
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#6 » by BeesWax » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:04 am

Braggins wrote:It should be:

Kemba/MLE/Roberts
Batum/Lamb/Daniels
MKG/Hairston/Marv
Kaminsky/Zeller

It will be:

Kemba/MLE/Roberts
Batum/Lamb/Daniels
MKG/Marv/Hairston
Kaminsky/Zeller
Al/Hawes/Biz

I would swap Frank and Zeller but other than that I kind of agree. If Biz is buried that deep on the bench we have to have some sort of big man defense and Zeller is the only one who has a chance at being effective that way.
Spoiler:
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,105

Post#7 » by JDR720 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:05 am

Kemba-Someone-Rob
Batum-PJ-Lamb-Daniels
MKG-Marvin
Zeller-Hawes-Frank
Al-Biz

Frank should be the 5th big, earn your minutes like everyone else.
UNCheels2014
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#8 » by UNCheels2014 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:12 am

I think Kaminsky will play the same role that McRoberts did, only he's a better shooter and worse defender. He fits well on our roster. Batum and MKG are going to hide Al and Kamisky's aweful defense and we'll be more balanced on offense. Kemba and Kaminsky will be a nice pick and pop duo and will open things up for our slashers. Kemba and MKG will be more effective and we'll finally look like a respectable team
Braggins
RealGM

Post#9 » by Braggins » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:16 am

jdm3 wrote:

Kemba/MLE/Roberts
Batum/Lamb/Daniels
MKG/Hairston/Marv
Kaminsky/Zeller

It will be:

Kemba/MLE/Roberts
Batum/Lamb/Daniels
MKG/Marv/Hairston
Kaminsky/Zeller
Al/Hawes/Biz

I would swap Frank and Zeller but other than that I kind of agree. If Biz is buried that deep on the bench we have to have some sort of big man defense and Zeller is the only one who has a chance at being effective that way.

I like the idea of keeping Frank/Hawes and Zeller/Biz separated for balance reasons. I'd be fine with Kaminsky/Biz, Zeller/Hawes, or Kaminsky/Zeller, as the starting frontcourt pair as long as we don't play Hawes and Frank together, or start either of those guys with Al. If Al is the starter then Cody pretty much has to be the starter imo, but nothing from Clifford would surprise me at this point. I'm not even sure Kaminsky deserves to be better than our 5th big, but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt just to make this situation not so depressing. I still feel like we pretty much have to trade Al. If we trade Al and Lamb breaks out then I could see our season going a lot better than I currently expect it to.
Rusted
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#10 » by Rusted » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:31 am

While I still have a feeling more moves are coming, and I really hope we keep Biz. In the current setup, I agree about Frank needing to earn his minutes. I also see more of Batum switching from SG to SF while MKG rests.

Kemba/?/Roberts
Batum/Lamb/Hairston/Daniels
MKG/Batum/Marv
Zeller/Kaminsky/Marv
Al/Biz/Hawes

Al and Marv should be traded...
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#11 » by Diop » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:35 am

Braggins wrote:
jdm3 wrote:

Kemba/MLE/Roberts
Batum/Lamb/Daniels
MKG/Hairston/Marv
Kaminsky/Zeller

It will be:

Kemba/MLE/Roberts
Batum/Lamb/Daniels
MKG/Marv/Hairston
Kaminsky/Zeller
Al/Hawes/Biz

I like the idea of keeping Frank/Hawes and Zeller/Biz separated for balance reasons. I'd be fine with Kaminsky/Biz, Zeller/Hawes, or Kaminsky/Zeller, as the starting frontcourt pair as long as we don't play Hawes and Frank together, or start either of those guys with Al. If Al is the starter then Cody pretty much has to be the starter imo, but nothing from Clifford would surprise me at this point. I still feel like we pretty much have to trade Al. If we trade Al and Lamb breaks out then I could see our season going a lot better than I currently expect it to.

I agree 100%, I want Zeller with Al and only really want Frank next to Biz, but Hawes is going to mess it up. He will get minutes.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#12 » by Braggins » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:39 am

Sachmo wrote:
Braggins wrote:
jdm3 wrote:I would swap Frank and Zeller but other than that I kind of agree. If Biz is buried that deep on the bench we have to have some sort of big man defense and Zeller is the only one who has a chance at being effective that way.

I like the idea of keeping Frank/Hawes and Zeller/Biz separated for balance reasons. I'd be fine with Kaminsky/Biz, Zeller/Hawes, or Kaminsky/Zeller, as the starting frontcourt pair as long as we don't play Hawes and Frank together, or start either of those guys with Al. If Al is the starter then Cody pretty much has to be the starter imo, but nothing from Clifford would surprise me at this point. I still feel like we pretty much have to trade Al. If we trade Al and Lamb breaks out then I could see our season going a lot better than I currently expect it to.

I agree 100%, I want Zeller with Al and only really want Frank next to Biz, but Hawes is going to mess it up. He will get minutes.

Yep, exactly. I'm not even sure that we keep Biz anyways, but even if we do, Hawes is still getting plenty of burn. If Kaminsky can actually post up then Zeller/Kaminsky is an interesting option to counter small ball lineups.
BeesWax
General Manager

Post#13 » by BeesWax » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Braggins wrote:
Sachmo wrote:
Braggins wrote:I like the idea of keeping Frank/Hawes and Zeller/Biz separated for balance reasons. I'd be fine with Kaminsky/Biz, Zeller/Hawes, or Kaminsky/Zeller, as the starting frontcourt pair as long as we don't play Hawes and Frank together, or start either of those guys with Al. If Al is the starter then Cody pretty much has to be the starter imo, but nothing from Clifford would surprise me at this point. I still feel like we pretty much have to trade Al. If we trade Al and Lamb breaks out then I could see our season going a lot better than I currently expect it to.

Yep, exactly. I'm not even sure that we keep Biz anyways, but even if we do, Hawes is still getting plenty of burn. If Kaminsky can actually post up then Zeller/Kaminsky is an interesting option to counter small ball lineups.

Kaminsky will be awful in small ball lineups because he is so slow laterally. When Cliff said he thought he could play center then I knew he had zero clue. The point of small ball defense is switch everything and drag your opponent away from the basket on offense. Kamisky isn't so slow he could not guard a small ball center and cannot switch onto a guard. Small ball for us has to be Kemba/Lamb/MKG/Batum/Zeller. We really need to move one of Al, Hawes or Frank to balance the roster. You cannot afford to have three big guys who cannot defend at all on this roster.
Spoiler:
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#14 » by LofJ » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Kemba
Batum
MKG
Zeller
Jefferson

To start the season, but If Al is in shape and our defense looks good I think Kaminsky will replace Zeller.

Al being penciled in for big minutes is going to eliminate a lot of our newfound lineup flexibility.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#15 » by No-Man » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Walker/Williams/Roberts
Batum/Lamb/Daniels
Kidd-Gilchrist/Williams/Hairston
Zeller/Kaminsky/Williams
Jefferson/Biyombo/Hawes

Leave a spot open just in case, or re-sign Taylor.
nickforthreee
Sixth Man
And1: 217

Post#16 » by nickforthreee » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:04 pm

what do u guys think about possibly starting

Kemba
Lamb
MKG/Batum
Batum/MKG
Al
Braggins
RealGM

Post#17 » by Braggins » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:11 pm

jdm3 wrote:
Braggins wrote:
Sachmo wrote:I agree 100%, I want Zeller with Al and only really want Frank next to Biz, but Hawes is going to mess it up. He will get minutes.

Kaminsky will be awful in small ball lineups because he is so slow laterally. When Cliff said he thought he could play center then I knew he had zero clue. The point of small ball defense is switch everything and drag your opponent away from the basket on offense. Kamisky isn't so slow he could not guard a small ball center and cannot switch onto a guard. Small ball for us has to be Kemba/Lamb/MKG/Batum/Zeller. We really need to move one of Al, Hawes or Frank to balance the roster. You cannot afford to have three big guys who cannot defend at all on this roster.

I agree about his defense being far from ideal against small ball, but I think we could exploit teams offensively and on the boards to make up for it, if and only if he can actually post up smaller players, which isn't something I'm even sold on. Just a thought.
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Re: Re: New starting line-up? 

Post#18 » by BlackOutBuzz » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:36 pm

nickforthreee wrote:what do u guys think about possibly starting

Kemba
Lamb
MKG/Batum
Batum/MKG
Al

It would be hilarious if we used a top ten pick on a PF 3 years in a row and then not even start a 4.
BeesWax
General Manager

Post#19 » by BeesWax » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:20 pm

Braggins wrote:
jdm3 wrote:
Braggins wrote:Yep, exactly. I'm not even sure that we keep Biz anyways, but even if we do, Hawes is still getting plenty of burn. If Kaminsky can actually post up then Zeller/Kaminsky is an interesting option to counter small ball lineups.

I agree about his defense being far from ideal against small ball, but I think we could exploit teams offensively and on the boards to make up for it, if and only if he can actually post up smaller players, which isn't something I'm even sold on. Just a thought.

I see what you mean but in that case we could leave Al in because we know he can post. I know Clifford is a moron and doesn't understand the concepts but Frank is no better small ball than Al. Cliff just loves that he can completely missuse his only small ball advantage of height by sticking him on the perimeter.
Spoiler:
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#20 » by catch20two » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Starters
Kemba
Lamb
MKG
Kaminsky
Al

Bench
Batum
Zeller
Hawes
Backup PG or Roberts
Biz
Hairston

That should be the starting lineup with Batum being the 6th man like Iggy was for GSW to be the first substitution whether it's SG, SF, or PF. Hawes or Zeller would be the 7th or 8th man to sub Al or Kaminsky. Whoever our backup PG is and I hope it's not Roberts will be the 9th man to sub Kemba. Biz would be the 10th man that get occasional DNPs but is used whenever the team need rim protection. That's how I would do the lineup.

I'm a strong believer in using your bench properly. The better player doesn't always have to start. The versatile multi-position players usually are better off the bench filling gaps.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)

Return to Charlotte Hornets