Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Super Lintendo: The Jeremy Lin Thread 

Post#1481 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:59 am

fatlever wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
steady wrote:I don't know if Lin will ever be a starter again.

He will surely be a starter again, if he can get his TO down, play consistently and can fight thru screens well.

I have a feeling that at the very least Lin will start some games this year at SG. We're only Kemba, Lamb or Batum injury away from Lin being forced into the starting lineup.

That being said, I'd prefer that he keeps coming off the bench. He can be our Ginobili, leader of the 2nd unit, finishing games in the 4th.

Agreed. But I wasn't talking about this year, this year he needs to show people what he can do, maybe next year as well. I believe that he will get a real starting gig if he could get those three problems outta the way.
If the Hornets make the playoffs and Lin plays well off the bench, he'll be in the conversation for 6th man of the year. Not that he would actually win an award. Why? Because he is a Hornet and all Hornets get ignored by the media when it comes time for awards and selections.

Well, it depends on how well he plays...if on Linsanity level... 8-) And he's at least got the attention of Hollywood and NYC media!
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
TTNN
Junior
And1: 168

Post#1482 » by TTNN » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:29 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
fatlever wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:He will surely be a starter again, if he can get his TO down, play consistently and can fight thru screens well.

I have a feeling that at the very least Lin will start some games this year at SG. We're only Kemba, Lamb or Batum injury away from Lin being forced into the starting lineup.

That being said, I'd prefer that he keeps coming off the bench. He can be our Ginobili, leader of the 2nd unit, finishing games in the 4th.

Agreed. But I wasn't talking about this year, this year he needs to show people what he can do, maybe next year as well. I believe that he will get a real starting gig if he could get those three problems outta the way.
If the Hornets make the playoffs and Lin plays well off the bench, he'll be in the conversation for 6th man of the year. Not that he would actually win an award. Why? Because he is a Hornet and all Hornets get ignored by the media when it comes time for awards and selections.

Well, it depends on how well he plays...if on Linsanity level... 8-) And he's at least got the attention of Hollywood and NYC media!

Not sure if he is Linsanity level and Hornets would still keep him on bench and not start him.

Lin is definitely a much better player now than three years ago when he was in NY. Don't really get the logic people would dream about Linsanity level, but don't think he would ever be a starter again.
lleepar
Junior
And1: 8

Post#1483 » by lleepar » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:40 am

From Twitter:

Dennis Ginobili (@manu77728)
10/13/15, 1:17 AM

Made it more clear.
Coach Clifford said Jeremy Lin will start at 2,
Cody Zeller at 4 tomorrow

https://twitter.com/manu77728/status/653816908769161216
blueice
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#1484 » by blueice » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:30 pm

TTNN wrote:
fatlever wrote:I've been checking out that thread on JLinPortal. LOL, good grief, that's some serious stalker type **** going on. Hornets haven't seen that level of fandom for a particular player since Larry Johnson.

Anyway, this post made me laugh

uh, just my 2 cents, usually comment other sites (especially when they are really different from yours) could be pretty dangerous, even started with no bad intention.

Lin has passionate fans, also has passionate haters. If you go to clutchfans, they even started a new thread for 2015-2016 Jeremy Lin season as a Hornets to trash on him. After a full year removed from Rockets, and went to his second team now. Yet that thread has almost 2000 reply now, and it is only Oct. That thread is the second most replied and viewed thread, behind a Parsons hate thread which has been there for a year now. Just read that, you would wonder what Jeremy did in Houston to get him that much hate.

A lot of things are really hard to believe unless you went through it, Jeremy is such a unique player that what applied to most players not necessary applied to him.

Really appreciated Hornets team and fans treat him well so far, would hate to see things goes wrong. Lots of Lin fans goes to those Lin fan sites visit here too, they appreciate Hornets fans' honest opinion about him and about other players. However, most of them don't try to bring those discussion here because they know it will generate confusion and misunderstanding, and most posters here won't be interested, and I think it is better to keep it that way.

I've been following Lin to every forum, though I tend to stay quiet most of the time. I'm glad there's a good atmosphere here.
red32
Sixth Man
And1: 303

Post#1485 » by red32 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:24 pm

lleepar wrote:From Twitter:

Made it more clear.

He's gonna be fighting over picks/chasing Redick all game.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,632

Post#1486 » by yosemiteben » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:34 pm

red32 wrote:
lleepar wrote:From Twitter:

Made it more clear.

He's gonna be fighting over picks/chasing Redick all game.

Yeah, it must legitimately suck guarding Redick. Do not envy that assignment.
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#1487 » by spaceballer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:17 pm

(crosspost from GB)

I saw this pop up on twitter. Apparently there are now free iPhone apps for Jeremy Lin.

Description

This is the official iPhone app for Jeremy Lin™. Stay in touch with his latest stats, news, posts, videos, and photos while you're on-the-go. This app brings all of Jeremy's news and social media feeds together into one place. Download now for free...for a limited time!

Features:
- Push notifications whenever Jeremy posts to social media
- Interactive homescreen with links to latest game stats, Jeremy Lin Foundation updates, and trivia.
- Newsfeeds about Jeremy and the Hornets
- Tweets from and about Jeremy
- Instagram photo feed
- Facebook posts
- YouTube videos from and of Jeremy

English version:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id939195479

Chinese version:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1006787383

[tweet]https://twitter.com/linspiredinca/status/654004102045679616[/tweet]

Say what you want about his basketball skills, but he's got a huge and active fanbase that draws from diverse sources (Bay Area, NYC, Harvard, etc.). They create blogs, artwork (not just posters, but paintings and sculptures), podcasts, and now apps.

I don't vouch for the quality of this app, since I just saw it pop up on twitter. But judging from other apps released by this author, it seems to be from a fan in Kyrgyzstan.
kent335
Freshman
And1: 63

Post#1488 » by kent335 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Hope Lin and the Hornets have a good game tomorrow.
leeramundo
Junior
And1: 72

Post#1489 » by leeramundo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:38 pm

It only makes sense to start him if he's in there with a group that complements his skills and that he himself complements. So in this case, with Zeller also starting, it makes me sense. I'm a Lin fan but starting means nothing to me. I just want the coaching staff to put him on a position to succeed in helping the team. If that means coming off the bench I have no problem whatsoever with it. Can't wait for tomorrow's game. It won't be on league pass will it?
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#1490 » by 13th Man » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:40 am

leeramundo wrote:It only makes sense to start him if he's in there with a group that complements his skills and that he himself complements. So in this case, with Zeller also starting, it makes me sense. I'm a Lin fan but starting means nothing to me. I just want the coaching staff to put him on a position to succeed in helping the team. If that means coming off the bench I have no problem whatsoever with it. Can't wait for tomorrow's game. It won't be on league pass will it?

As a Canadian sports fan, I've got an extremely busy day tomorrow. Going to work then will try to go home early to catch the Blue Jays/Rangers game 5. After that I may go to the Raptors/Timberwolves game in Ottawa to see Andrew Wiggins (I believe there are still tickets). Then I can finally watch the on-demand replay of the Hornets game late evening via Ballstreams :)

But getting back to your point, I wholeheartedly agree. I just want to see Lin fit in and contribute to the best of his ability whatever position that may be. These games are very interesting to see what type of chemistry and team dynamics can be developed.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#1491 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:32 am

TTNN wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
fatlever wrote:

Not sure if he is Linsanity level and Hornets would still keep him on bench and not start him.

Lin is definitely a much better player now than three years ago when he was in NY. Don't really get the logic people would dream about Linsanity level, but don't think he would ever be a starter again.

I was joking about the Linsanity level, hence the sunglasses smiley. He is a better player but in terms of wins and productivity......

If he takes care of those three problems, he's gonna be one of the rare-breed top-notched passing point guards. There's definitely a team that needs that for him to feed the starters. He himself wants to be a starter in this league. As he ages, he'll probably be attacking the basket less and facilitate more.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#1492 » by BigSlam » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:14 am

13th Man wrote:
leeramundo wrote:It only makes sense to start him if he's in there with a group that complements his skills and that he himself complements. So in this case, with Zeller also starting, it makes me sense. I'm a Lin fan but starting means nothing to me. I just want the coaching staff to put him on a position to succeed in helping the team. If that means coming off the bench I have no problem whatsoever with it. Can't wait for tomorrow's game. It won't be on league pass will it?

As a Canadian sports fan, I've got an extremely busy day tomorrow. Going to work then will try to go home early to catch the Blue Jays/Rangers game 5. After that I may go to the Raptors/Timberwolves game in Ottawa to see Andrew Wiggins (I believe there are still tickets). Then I can finally watch the on-demand replay of the Hornets game late evening via Ballstreams :)

But getting back to your point, I wholeheartedly agree. I just want to see Lin fit in and contribute to the best of his ability whatever position that may be. These games are very interesting to see what type of chemistry and team dynamics can be developed.

Sens play tonight as well.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
B B M F 'ers
fafan
Junior
And1: 48

Post#1493 » by fafan » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:05 pm

Lin's 4-game preseason stats:19-36 field 52%, 8-13 from 3 pt 62%, 13 reb. 3 per game, 3 asst per game 12-15 FF 80%

Can't wait this season starts. :D
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin
blueice
Freshman

Post#1494 » by blueice » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:33 pm

spaceballer wrote:(crosspost from GB)

I saw this pop up on twitter. Apparently there are now free iPhone apps for Jeremy Lin.

Description

This is the official iPhone app for Jeremy Lin[TRADE MARK SIGN]. Stay in touch with his latest stats, news, posts, videos, and photos while you're on-the-go. This app brings all of Jeremy's news and social media feeds together into one place. Download now for free...for a limited time!

Features:
- Push notifications whenever Jeremy posts to social media
- Interactive homescreen with links to latest game stats, Jeremy Lin Foundation updates, and trivia.
- Newsfeeds about Jeremy and the Hornets
- Tweets from and about Jeremy
- Instagram photo feed
- Facebook posts
- YouTube videos from and of Jeremy

English version:
[url]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id939195479[/url]

Chinese version:
[url]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1006787383[/url]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/linspiredinca/status/654004102045679616[/tweet]

Say what you want about his basketball skills, but he's got a huge and active fanbase that draws from diverse sources (Bay Area, NYC, Harvard, etc.). They create blogs, artwork (not just posters, but paintings and sculptures), podcasts, and now apps.

I don't vouch for the quality of this app, since I just saw it pop up on twitter. But judging from other apps released by this author, it seems to be from a fan in Kyrgyzstan.

I saw the app before but it doesn't seem to update as often so might as well check news by yourself

Blueice
blueice
Freshman

Post#1495 » by blueice » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:41 pm

fafan wrote:Lin's 4-game preseason stats:19-36 field 52%, 8-13 from 3 pt 62%, 13 reb. 3 per game, 3 asst per game 12-15 FF 80%

Wish he could play more min. though

Blueice
EwingSweatsALot
Veteran
And1: 919

Post#1496 » by EwingSweatsALot » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Really excited to see him start at the 2 this year. If we are going all in on offense we might as well put the best five on O out there.

It's going to be wild to see how different this team is compared to last year.
gafun
Junior
And1: 35

Post#1497 » by gafun » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:27 pm

It looks like only getting better and better from here. Go Hornets!

anthoang
Junior
And1: 15

Post#1498 » by anthoang » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:24 pm

fafan wrote:Lin's 4-game preseason stats:19-36 field 52%, 8-13 from 3 pt 62%, 13 reb. 3 per game, 3 asst per game 12-15 FF 80%

efficiency-wise, these are Linsanity-like numbers... except the 3pt % is much higher now. and the 4-0 record in preseason is also Linsanity-type. Maybe the Hornets won't start out 0-6 like most predict.
"You can't stop Jeremy Lin fans. You can only hope to contain them."

http://AsianPlayers.com
gafun
Junior
And1: 35

Post#1499 » by gafun » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:46 pm

anthoang wrote:

efficiency-wise, these are Linsanity-like numbers... except the 3pt % is much higher now. and the 4-0 record in preseason is also Linsanity-type. Maybe the Hornets won't start out 0-6 like most predict.

I bet 4-2 at worst to start.

blueice
Freshman

Post#1500 » by blueice » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Looking forward to the new prediction on Hornets after preseason!

Blueice

Return to Charlotte Hornets