ImageImage

Around the NBA 8.0

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Re: Around the NBA 8.0 

Post#1961 » by Snidely FC » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:42 pm

I've always hated the Cav's team colors and uniforms but that one they wore last night made them look and play like superheroes. The big C uni - good look
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,522

Post#1962 » by Bassman » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Congrats to the city of Cleveland. I greatly appreciate seeing starving fans be rewarded for their devotion. Hopeful we will get a glimpse at such a celebration someday with the Hornets. If it takes as many years, no way I see it.

I had no rooting interest for either team. It was a heck of a game 7!
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#1963 » by mrknowitall215 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:11 pm

predators wrote:
mrknowitall215 wrote:Did the Cleveland Cavaliers win the championship or did the Golden State Warriors lose it?

I'm incline to lean towards the latter when I consider the fact that Curry played below the superstar level/elite scorer we've became accustomed to believing he was capable of, Draymond Green's suspension over accumulating antics, and Harrison Barnes (I won't even go into detail)

However I'll give LeBron James a lot of respect for being the catalyst that willed a team that likely wouldn't make the playoffs without him to a championship title over one of the best teams in NBA history

Did the Warriors beat the Cavs last year or were they just fortunate that Love\Irving were hurt? I mean they lost 2 games to Lebron and the island of misfit toys last year. Context really doesn't matter when your holding up the trophy.

It's all a matter of opinion, but I personally don't think the difference of the series is Love & Irving being healthy. I think the difference in the series was the shrinkage of Stephen Curry & Harrison Barnes in the final 3 games combined with the momentum changing suspension of Draymond Green. With Love & Irving being present it wasn't difficult for GSW to go up 3-1 in the series. It's the change of events that happened after GSW went up 3-1 that altered the outcome in my humble opinion

...but like I said, much respect to the Cavaliers and LeBron James for having the willpower to keep fighting and believing when it looked dim. The result is the outcome. Therefore, Cleveland are the champions. My personal take is just that GSW faltered as much I want to credit CLE for persevering
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#1964 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:52 pm

Diop wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Would have felt better had there been no suspension for Green and Curry wasn't fouled out.

green deserved a suspension after his playoff antics, with all the kicking and slapping

Well, but it was LeBron who started all that and the suspension came after some kinda request from LeBron, who was obviously not hurt.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#1965 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:44 pm

chabber wrote:
Diop wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Would have felt better had there been no suspension for Green and Curry wasn't fouled out.

green deserved a suspension after his playoff antics, with all the kicking and slapping

And Curry should have stopped making dumb decisions on defense as he accumulated more fouls. He fouled himself out.

Well, he did make some dumb decisions, but one must admit that several of the calls were pretty iffy, from a neutral watcher of this series.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#1966 » by steady » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:42 am

Flip Murray wrote:
steady wrote:Yeah, thats true - the points system for suspensions provided the framework for what happened

But to me, the call for the last Flagrant-1 that triggered the suspension, even taken by itself , was a very borderline call -- considering it occurred in context of physical play that characterizes Championship series .

Yeah it was definitely borderline, but when you have a history like Draymond does you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt unfortunately

Flip, I respect your opinion. I just think if officials had a problem with Draymond's behavior, they should have called him for more fouls. Let him foul out. Don't retroactively call a flagrant that leads to a full game suspension of one of the key players in a Championsip series, on conduct that was borderline.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#1967 » by fatlever » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:33 am

Only reason I don't hate Cleveland winning is because one of my long time closest friends from college is from Cleveland. He was a die hard Cavs fans back to the Price, Nance, Daugherty days. I'm happy for him. He was Cavs fan long before Lebron was around.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#1968 » by bws94 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:08 am

I was for Cleveland. Just a better story. LeBron works ultra hard and impacts the game in a number of ways. Irving stepped up. GSW is the same old song as last year but, they have more years to go and I'm glad to see they aren't the dominant team and other teams have a chance against them.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#1969 » by Diop » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:15 am

fatlever wrote:Only reason I don't hate Cleveland winning is because one of my long time closest friends from college is from Cleveland. He was a die hard Cavs fans back to the Price, Nance, Daugherty days. I'm happy for him. He was Cavs fan long before Lebron was around.

I used to love that team, price was always one of my favourites. Such a shame that Daugherty got the injury bug.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1970 » by Diop » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:17 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
chabber wrote:
Diop wrote:green deserved a suspension after his playoff antics, with all the kicking and slapping

And Curry should have stopped making dumb decisions on defense as he accumulated more fouls. He fouled himself out.

Well, he did make some dumb decisions, but one must admit that several of the calls were pretty iffy, from a neutral watcher of this series.

There are always stories like these in pro sports championships, they are often a war of attrition. Cleveland were still good enough to come away with the win which is all that matters in the end
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1971 » by Diop » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:15 am

probably sums game 7 up
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#1972 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:01 am

Diop wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
chabber wrote:

There are always stories like these in pro sports championships, they are often a war of attrition. Cleveland were still good enough to come away with the win which is all that matters in the end

Sure, but if those two things didn't happen it would have been a 100% good story. Whereas it is not quite that right now......it's too bad......

Diop wrote:Image

probably sums game 7 up

Along with that block on Iggy.
Thanks for the honesty.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1973 » by Diop » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:01 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
Diop wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Well, he did make some dumb decisions, but one must admit that several of the calls were pretty iffy, from a neutral watcher of this series.

Sure, but if those two things didn't happen it would have been a 100% good story. Whereas it is not quite that right now......it's too bad......

You could also say that if Green was suspended for that groin kick against OKC, they might never have made the finals at all.

Wade got a game for a very similar incident against Sessions in Charlotte, I actually thought Green's was worse.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#1974 » by bws94 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Lin's thoughts on LeBron James. Underrated superstar, like him or not, appreciate him.

https://youtu.be/lVRu6TZF9II?t=18m28s
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#1975 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:13 pm

Diop wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
Diop wrote:There are always stories like these in pro sports championships, they are often a war of attrition. Cleveland were still good enough to come away with the win which is all that matters in the end

You could also say that if Green was suspended for that groin kick against OKC, they might never have made the finals at all.

Wade got a game for a very similar incident against Sessions in Charlotte, I actually thought Green's was worse.

If that's the case, then Cleveland would have to go thru KD and RW. (then maybe Adams gets suspended and RW fouls out! 8-) )

Thing is, I'm not a GSW fan at all. I actually like the story for Cleveland to finally win it, but unfortunately it got cheapened by the sudden and not-so-bball turnaround.
Thanks for the honesty.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#1976 » by steady » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:05 pm

Diop wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
Diop wrote:There are always stories like these in pro sports championships, they are often a war of attrition. Cleveland were still good enough to come away with the win which is all that matters in the end

Wade had to sit out a regular season game in December. It's a whole different thing.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1977 » by Diop » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:24 am

steady wrote:
Diop wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Sure, but if those two things didn't happen it would have been a 100% good story. Whereas it is not quite that right now......it's too bad......

Wade had to sit out a regular season game in December. It's a whole different thing.

I'm sure you're right in that affecting there decision, I hate that argument though. I think the punishment should be consistent, don't allow rougher, dirtier plays in the playoffs. It encourages situations like when frank brickowski kept trying to sucker Rodman into technical fouls, became a circus
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#1978 » by fatlever » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:34 pm

I don't think our guy JTyree understands how RFA contracts work

Here is our twitter conversation

Brian Geltzeiler
‏@hoopscritic

Hayward has expressed his unhappiness in Utah and the Jazz are attempting to accommodate him per league sources...

SportsFromMyEyes
‏@JTyree704

SportsFromMyEyes Retweeted Brian Geltzeiler

Probably wished he would have signed with Charlotte, but they have Nic Batum to worry about.

fatlever

@JTyree704 He did sign with Charlotte, Utah matched the offer.

SportsFromMyEyes ‏@JTyree704 4m4 minutes ago Charlotte, NC

@fatlever he didn't have to sign with Utah though, that was his decision.
Flip Murray
Hornets Forum Spelling Bee
And1: 1,987

Post#1979 » by Flip Murray » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:36 pm

fatlever wrote:I don't think our guy JTyree understands how RFA contracts work

Here is our twitter conversation

Brian Geltzeiler
‏@hoopscritic

Hayward has expressed his unhappiness in Utah and the Jazz are attempting to accommodate him per league sources...

SportsFromMyEyes
‏@JTyree704

SportsFromMyEyes Retweeted Brian Geltzeiler

Probably wished he would have signed with Charlotte, but they have Nic Batum to worry about.

fatlever

@JTyree704 He did sign with Charlotte, Utah matched the offer.

SportsFromMyEyes ‏@JTyree704 4m4 minutes ago Charlotte, NC

@fatlever he didn't have to sign with Utah though, that was his decision.

not a good look. maybe just a brain fart
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#1980 » by yosemiteben » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:52 pm

He's just not very NBA knowledgeable IMO.

Return to Charlotte Hornets