Fake Trade Thread 16/17 pt.1

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: Fake Trade Thread 16/17 pt.1 

Post#1181 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:04 pm

Soul Rebel wrote:
Benjamin Linus wrote:MKG and a protected 1st for Chandler and Mudiay? (replace the 1st for a 2nd if it's too much, hell even throw in Bacon)

Mudiay's size and potential as a passer and defender could work well next to Monk off the bench and even at times with Kemba... and he's still really young, just turning 21. Chandler is a better fit in the short term with Dwight in the mix. For Denver, they get good value for the 30 year old Chandler while they rebuild. MKG also provides them with some much needed defense, considering Denver was the second worst team in defensive efficiency last season.

Starters: Kemba-Batum-Chandler-Marvin-Dwight
Bench: Mudiay-Monk-Lamb-Frank-Cody

Win now starting lineup. Super young bench. Average age of those five = 22.6

Yes please. Any chance Denver does this?

I love MKG but we need to add a vet backup PG and we have the flexibility to eventually slide Batum to the 3, but Chandler could be a placeholder possibly if Bacon pans out (no pun intended) to be the future SF too.

Denver is focused on resigning Gallinari. If he resigns then they *might* be willing to talk about Chandler, but until that happens Wilson is their starting SF and I don't think they would even take calls on him.

Mudiay is probably off limits no matter what. He had trouble running the team last year, but he's still super young and it always takes PGs a few years. Even when not starting in the 2nd half of last season he usually got plenty of minutes and had some good games.

And FWIW, I don't think that Denver would want MKG. They have Faried, who fills that defender with limited offense role for them. They would never be able to have Faried and MKG on the court at the same time. To have MKG work for them Faried would need to go somewhere else as part of a 3-way or in a separate trade.

I think that more realistic scenarios with Denver right now are smaller trades, like maybe Nelson, or for Charlotte to get involved in some of the trades they've looked at with other teams.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
chellis
Senior
And1: 130

Post#1182 » by chellis » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:31 pm

Since the Rockets are trying to aggressively cut salary, we should us it as a chance to improve our roster (as others have pointed out). If they truly want to do this, they should expect little value. This will take a third team.

Hornets in: Patrick Beverly
Houston in: Charlotte top 55 protected 2nd in 2018 (which will most likely never convey)
Kings or Sixers in: Jeremy Lamb, 1st round pick from Houston (they can negotiate protection - say, top 20 in 2018, lotto in 2019, conveys to two future seconds)

Why? Obvious for Houston - cut salary. Charlotte gets its backup PG and for those who desire, gives minutes early on to the rooks. Whoever the third team is that is roped in with cap space (and isn't competing), they pick up a draft pick for utilizing their cap space. I see the deal working with Sacramento because I bet they strike out on big time FAs.
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#1183 » by stinger14 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:12 pm

chellis wrote:Since the Rockets are trying to aggressively cut salary, we should us it as a chance to improve our roster (as others have pointed out). If they truly want to do this, they should expect little value. This will take a third team.

Houston in: Charlotte top 55 protected 2nd in 2018 (which will most likely never convey)
Kings or Sixers in: Jeremy Lamb, 1st round pick from Houston (they can negotiate protection - say, top 20 in 2018, lotto in 2019, conveys to two future seconds)

Why? Obvious for Houston - cut salary. Charlotte gets its backup PG and for those who desire, gives minutes early on to the rooks. Whoever the third team is that is roped in with cap space (and isn't competing), they pick up a draft pick for utilizing their cap space. I see the deal working with Sacramento because I bet they strike out on big time FAs.

Sessions and a future second, they can decline his option and get the cap space without trading one of there own first round picks
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach

Post#1184 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:23 pm

stinger14 wrote:
chellis wrote:Since the Rockets are trying to aggressively cut salary, we should us it as a chance to improve our roster (as others have pointed out). If they truly want to do this, they should expect little value. This will take a third team.

Sessions and a future second, they can decline his option and get the cap space without trading one of there own first round picks

Can't trade Sessions per the CBA.
players with ending contracts (including players whose contracts might end due to an option or ETO) cannot be traded after the trade deadline (players whose contracts are not ending can be traded after the last day of the team's season and before July 1

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q101
My picks:
chellis
Senior
And1: 130

Post#1185 » by chellis » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:08 pm

stinger14 wrote:

See Vandy's post...all the reason why I didn't make it a straight swap. You have to get a bit more creative than that. You'd have to exercise Sessions' TO and that won't help the Rockets achieve their goals.
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#1186 » by stinger14 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:29 pm

My bad, did not realize Houston could not dump Sessions contract after trade. Any chance we can use Sessions in the trade chellis proposed?
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#1187 » by Benjamin Linus » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:43 pm

Not a huge fan of the PGs available for the MLE. I've been thinking... now that Brooklyn has Russell, maybe we can trade Marvin for Lin in some roundabout way and then use the MLE to sign someone like Ilyasova to replace Marvin?

Any ideas for a third team to send Marvin?

Marvin to Minnesota, Dieng to Brooklyn, Lin to Charlotte?
Marvin to Detroit, Tobias to Brooklyn, Lin to Charlotte?
Marvin to Portland, some random mix of stuff from Portland to Brooklyn, Lin to Charlotte?
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#1188 » by BeesWax » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:40 pm

Detroit is said to be looking for a stretch 4 and if we think Frank can start Marvin would be good for them.

MKG, Marvin and Lamb
for
Jackson, Johnson and Leuer

I am not sold on this but thought it go us another young wing defender in the MKG type mold and a backup PG who has the size to play next two Kemba at times. Leuer can backup Frank at the 4 spot.
Spoiler:
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#1189 » by yosemiteben » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:47 pm

I don't know how I feel about it but see what you're doing jdm and conceptually I'm down with it. Big question for me is what is the difference between MKG and SJ. Haven't been keeping tabs but last I checked SJ was in his second year and looking really, really rough.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,523

Post#1190 » by Bassman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:49 am

jdm3 wrote:Detroit is said to be looking for a stretch 4 and if we think Frank can start Marvin would be good for them.

MKG, Marvin and Lamb
for

I am not sold on this but thought it go us another young wing defender in the MKG type mold and a backup PG who has the size to play next two Kemba at times. Leuer can backup Frank at the 4 spot.

Not sure if this is an ideal trade, but it gives us some critical players at important positions. Hopefully we could move Nic to the 3 and play hot guards with Monk or Jackson next to Kemba for major stretches. Stanley Johnson may still be a good player and I'd bet on his jumper improving before MKG's ever does. The key to this deal is Jackson. He gives us an excellent reserve PG option while able to keep the guard rotation strong.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
BuzzCity
Rookie
And1: 608

Post#1191 » by BuzzCity » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:13 am

Bassman wrote:
jdm3 wrote:Detroit is said to be looking for a stretch 4 and if we think Frank can start Marvin would be good for them.

MKG, Marvin and Lamb
for

Not sure if this is an ideal trade, but it gives us some critical players at important positions. Hopefully we could move Nic to the 3 and play hot guards with Monk or Jackson next to Kemba for major stretches. Stanley Johnson may still be a good player and I'd bet on his jumper improving before MKG's ever does. The key to this deal is Jackson. He gives us an excellent reserve PG option while able to keep the guard rotation strong.

MKG >> Johnson
Marvin >> Leuer
Lamb >> Jackson

I think we only improve at backup PG. But if u recall, Jackson was full of himself in OKC and thought he was better than everybody else. He's become another backup PG that couldn't turn the corner as a starter yet makes starter money. I personally wouldn't do this trade.
BeesWax
General Manager

Post#1192 » by BeesWax » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 am

BuzzCity wrote:
Bassman wrote:

MKG, Marvin and Lamb
for

MKG >> Johnson
Marvin >> Leuer
Lamb >> Jackson

I think we only improve at backup PG. But if u recall, Jackson was full of himself in OKC and thought he was better than everybody else. He's become another backup PG that couldn't turn the corner as a starter yet makes starter money. I personally wouldn't do this trade.

Now there were lots of rumors about Detroit looking to trade their picks for a win now veteran type. If they agree that our players are better then theirs in this deal maybe they would toss in the rights to Kennard as well. We get two players we target and in the long run the step back isn't so great. While I don't argue with your call on who is better the fits seem to fit us a little better. Johnson is a better shooter than MKG and still a good defensive wing. Jackson gives us the swing backup PG we love to play with Kemba and would fit well with Monk. Leuer is just a throw in to fill the backup PF spot but I also thought we could use Johnson at backup PF in a small ball setup since he is a beast and 240 pounds.
Spoiler:
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#1193 » by LofJ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:11 pm

I feel like we can get in on the DEN, CLE, IND trade.

We send Marvin
We get Arthur and Nelson

CLE sends Love
CLE gets George

DEN sends Mudiay, Beasley, Faried, Nelson, and Arthur
DEN gets Love and Marvin

IND sends George
IND gets Mudiay, Beasley, and Faried

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6892454

We add depth and still have the MLE at our disposal. We also gain cap flexibility to help us stay out of the luxury tax.

Edit: Regardless of whether Denver trades for Love, that team is in trouble. They have a ton of young players, but don't have roster spots for everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if Nelson just gets bought out. So we could probably do better than what I suggested above. They are definitely an interesting team to follow.
BeesWax
General Manager

Post#1194 » by BeesWax » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:13 pm

No thanks. I think that is a big drop from Williams to Authur and Nelson is just a run of the mill backup PG.
Spoiler:
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1195 » by yosemiteben » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Rubio + Monk backcourt would be baller.

On trade board I offered Lamb + Sessions + future 1st.
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#1196 » by MPM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:45 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rubio + Monk backcourt would be baller.

On trade board I offered Lamb + Sessions + future 1st.

Like it.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1197 » by yosemiteben » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:48 pm

@rick_bonnell
I don't know that Ricky Rubio would be a great fit with the Hornets as currently configured.

Done deal.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#1198 » by LofJ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Trading Rubio is a big mistake. He's going to start hitting 3's at an average rate (35%) very soon, if not next season. It's a matter of confidence with him, there's no reason an 89% free throw shooter can't hit from deep. It's going to click with Rubio, I would not move him if I was Minnesota.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach

Post#1199 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:16 pm

I'm in agreement that Rubio would be really nice to have here, and that the T-Wolves shouldn't trade him. They need someone to move the ball who isn't going to need a ton of shots to balance that roster. More shooting is nice, but the Butler trade addressed a LOT of that IMHO.
My picks:
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Post#1200 » by SWedd523 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:41 pm

I've come around on Rubio as a backup PG for this team. His pass first mindset and ability to play solid D fits really well with either Monk in the 2nd or Kemba at the end of games.

Depending on the price, I'd be all about bringing him here

Return to Charlotte Hornets