ImageImage

Hornets sign MCW

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Re: Hornets sign MCW 

Post#141 » by catch20two » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:26 pm

GlenRiceARoni wrote:You guys are crazy if you think MCW is going to have a positive impact for us. He is as bad as it gets.

"Get Out the Way, Let the Real F. Ballas thru" - Juvenile

Super Facts.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#142 » by predators » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:46 pm

catch20two wrote:
predators wrote:Hes the back up can't get worked up too much over it.

Wait until it become a recurring theme that he come into the game to replace Kemba and then 5 point leads turn into 10 point deficits within 5 minutes.

Minus that one season we signed Lin for peanuts, that sounds like par for the course as a hornets fan.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#143 » by catch20two » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:29 pm

predators wrote:
catch20two wrote:
predators wrote:Hes the back up can't get worked up too much over it.

Wait until it become a recurring theme that he come into the game to replace Kemba and then 5 point leads turn into 10 point deficits within 5 minutes.

Minus that one season we signed Lin for peanuts, that sounds like par for the course as a hornets fan.

True and exactly why this was a bad signing. MCW's career is marred by negative nets as soon as he steps on the floor. Brace yourselves.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#144 » by predators » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:04 pm

Maybe he'll use his long arms for good instead of evil this year.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,147

Post#145 » by Braggins » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:07 am

I cant wait to trade a draft pick for a backup PG at the trade deadline.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#146 » by catch20two » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:39 am

Braggins wrote:I cant wait to trade a draft pick for a backup PG at the trade deadline.

You already know this is going to happen. Every season we're looking to trade for a backup PG at the deadline except for the Jeremy Lin year. All these decent to good PGs looking for jobs in the NBA and Cho just seem to fail to address the backup PG position every season except that one time.
BatumtheGlue
Starter
And1: 441

Post#147 » by BatumtheGlue » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:06 am

catch20two wrote:
Braggins wrote:I cant wait to trade a draft pick for a backup PG at the trade deadline.

You already know this is going to happen. Every season we're looking to trade for a backup PG at the deadline except for the Jeremy Lin year. All these decent to good PGs looking for jobs in the NBA and Cho just seem to fail to address the backup PG position every season except that one time.

Except Lin was not just a backup PG for us, he is a pretty good combo guard who fits well to play alongside Kemba. I wont argue Lin is a much better player than MCW, but like what I said before, i don't have any complain about MCW's signing, because it's a low risk and don't forget we have the GREAT Caruso if MCW's project won't work, lol.
Mamut menteng ureh utusku, isen mulang jite penyangku.
Credit to amcoolio for the signature .gif.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#148 » by catch20two » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:22 am

BatumtheGlue wrote:
catch20two wrote:

Except Lin was not just a backup PG for us, he is a pretty good combo guard who fits well to play alongside Kemba. I wont argue Lin is a much better player than MCW, but like what I said before, i don't have any complain about MCW's signing, because it's a low risk and don't forget we have the GREAT Caruso if MCW's project won't work, lol.

You don't have to complain now lol but later you will. It was a bad signing. I can blame Kemba for this a bit too. Maybe if I keep bashing MCW he'll play above his capabilities and prove me wrong.

I'm expecting a sub-40 overall FG% w/ 25% 3pt shooting and the most negative net of any rotation player type of season. You know, on par to his career trajectory.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#149 » by Braggins » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:39 am

I would like the signing if we weren't expecting him to be our primary backup option. The value is good for the pay grade, but considering the history with Kembas knees and our need to keep his minutes from being too high, I just think its terribly risky to be banking on MCW to all of a sudden take his game to another level. I feel like the most likely scenario is that he continues to suck and it becomes obvious pretty quickly that he isn't going to cut it as our backup and we'll be right back to desperately searching for an answer there. His contract being a good value won't really matter if he isn't good enough to fill the role we are counting on. You don't get extra points for a bad player being on a reasonable contract. I really find it bizarre that some people are basically getting mad that people are complaining about this signing and their reasoning is that its a small deal, so that somehow makes it unreasonable to criticize the signing. The fact of the matter is that we signed him to be our primary backup and there is a good chance that he isn't going to even come close to giving us what we need from that position. If that ends up being the case then its a bad signing regardless of how little we paid him. Like, does anyone still think that the Hibbert signing was good? It was also a super cheap one year deal and look how disastrously that turned out. It pretty much single handedly sabotaged our entire season last year.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#150 » by LofJ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:42 am

Trading a pick to add a guard at the deadline? :lol:

This guy seems to have some pretty sick handles and decent court vision as well. I wonder what team he plays for?

Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#151 » by Diop » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:51 am

I heard the same tirades against Marv Williams and Belinelli, both damned as complete failures, net negatives etc.

But, especially "Messy Marv" found a way to contribute.

I'm not going to waste energy getting angry over this and am happy to wait it out and see how it goes.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#152 » by Braggins » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:59 am

Diop wrote:I'm not going to waste energy getting angry over this and am happy to wait it out and see how it goes.

This is fair, but I also think its reasonable to be worried about the situation. I'm just very skeptical of it. The upside is that he is still young and this is probably the best situation he has been in during his career, so he very well may make some strides and end up being good for us. There is a lot more potential for this to turn out well then the Hibbert/Sessions/Roberts situations.
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man
And1: 793

Post#153 » by GlenRiceARoni » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:12 am

Sure feels like you guys are trying awfully hard to talk yourself into a guy barely making the league minimum as our backup pg

catch20two
RealGM

Post#154 » by catch20two » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:21 am

We saved him from playing in China. He was definitely overseas bound. This guy is one foot out the league.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#155 » by LofJ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:30 am

catch20two wrote:We saved him from playing in China. He was definitely overseas bound. This guy is one foot out the league.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#156 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:26 am

GlenRiceARoni wrote:
Mystical Apples wrote:He's a difficult fit but MCW's narrative is nuanced. Milwaukee fans turned on MCW - unfairly I might add - except young players enjoy sacred cow status so instead of examining Jabari Parker, Monroe + MCW were scapegoated.

....yet once again the Bucks were better without Jabari on the court. It's not a coincidence that Milwaukee rolled in 2014-15 after the MCW trade, struggled in 2015-16, and then surged again after Jabari was hurt this past season. Meanwhile Monroe was excellent and Chicago's bench thrived with MCW.

Yeah jabari is probably the most overrated player in the NBA. The bucks are lucky he got hurt before they handed him $100m

LOL at Jabari being overrated! He was on his way to his first all-star selection and becoming a superstar before getting injured this past season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man

Re: RE: Re: Hornets sign MCW 

Post#157 » by GlenRiceARoni » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:27 am

TheKingofSting wrote:
GlenRiceARoni wrote:
Mystical Apples wrote:He's a difficult fit but MCW's narrative is nuanced. Milwaukee fans turned on MCW - unfairly I might add - except young players enjoy sacred cow status so instead of examining Jabari Parker, Monroe + MCW were scapegoated.

....yet once again the Bucks were better without Jabari on the court. It's not a coincidence that Milwaukee rolled in 2014-15 after the MCW trade, struggled in 2015-16, and then surged again after Jabari was hurt this past season. Meanwhile Monroe was excellent and Chicago's bench thrived with MCW.

Yeah jabari is probably the most overrated player in the NBA. The bucks are lucky he got hurt before they handed him $100m

LOL at Jabari being overrated! He was on his way to his first all-star selection and becoming a superstar before getting injured this past season.

Right, and yet you cant win with him. Hence the overrated part

TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#158 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:31 am

LofJ wrote:
catch20two wrote:We saved him from playing in China. He was definitely overseas bound. This guy is one foot out the league.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Seems like a lot of interest for a "bum".

TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#159 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:32 am

GlenRiceARoni wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:
GlenRiceARoni wrote:Yeah jabari is probably the most overrated player in the NBA. The bucks are lucky he got hurt before they handed him $100m

TBF, we won't know that until he and Middleton can play a whole season together.

GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man

Re: RE: Re: Hornets sign MCW 

Post#160 » by GlenRiceARoni » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 am

TheKingofSting wrote:
GlenRiceARoni wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:

TBF, we won't know that until he and Middleton can play a whole season together.

In my opinion its not too early to close the book on Jabari's career as a good player. I was pretty much ready to do so prior to the 2nd knee injury.

The league is a lot different now. There aren't a lot of player types who can truly affect a game.

If you arent a PG, rim protector, or shooter you've got to have some truly elite skills to be an impact player.

Return to Charlotte Hornets