Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, UGA Hayes, Yuri Vaultin, Mark K, Doctor MJ, NO-KG-AI, magnumt, tsherkin, Flash3

jzmagik
Banned User
Posts: 5,531
And1: 0
Joined: May 06, 2005
Location: NYC

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#21 » by jzmagik » Fri Jul 2, 2010 10:42 pm

Update: SAS on ESPN 1050 is reporting Knicks are waiting on Lebron's committment. If they have that, then JJ and Amare are signing on with the Knicks, JJ through SnT
User avatar
PlinkingPanda
Analyst
Posts: 3,413
And1: 1
Joined: Feb 08, 2008
Location: West Covina, CA

Re: NY going for 3 max FAs 

Post#22 » by PlinkingPanda » Fri Jul 2, 2010 10:45 pm

cb4_89 wrote:
Pandam00nium wrote:Offensively it'll be a good front court, but defensively they'll be non-existent. And yes who exactly is New York going to trade for Bosh? Gallinari and Chandler? LeBron's feces are worth more than that.


I would take Gallo and Chandler for Bosh as it is now.


I guess that's true since he's already committed to leaving. They're nice young talent, but I guess there's just no way of getting good value anymore.
AmazingJason
Head Coach
Posts: 6,227
And1: 1,483
Joined: Aug 07, 2006
Location: NYC
   

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#23 » by AmazingJason » Fri Jul 2, 2010 10:50 pm

jzmagik wrote:Update: SAS on ESPN 1050 is reporting Knicks are waiting on Lebron's committment. If they have that, then JJ and Amare are signing on with the Knicks, JJ through SnT


Didn't SAS already guarantee the "dream team" to Miami?
Wolves21
Pro Prospect
Posts: 929
And1: 55
Joined: Jun 26, 2009

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#24 » by Wolves21 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 10:59 pm

I don't believe this story for a second,but lets say this does go down,then I would see the rest of the big FA goind down like this.

Knicks-James,Amare,Johnson
Bulls-Wade,Bosh
Nets-Lee,Jefferson
Heat-Boozer
Mavs-Dirk

I don't know if Boozer would still go to the Heat without anyone to play with.But I can't see Pat Riley and company ending up with nothing.If that happend and they were left with Beasley and Chalmers I think Riley and company would have to get fired.Thier's no way he could survive that kind of blow.
Lakers05
Banned User
Posts: 6,098
And1: 1
Joined: Oct 31, 2005

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#25 » by Lakers05 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 10:59 pm

A Bosh and Amare froncourt defensively? With Lebron helping out on the perimeter(usually, it's the bigs who help out the smalls, in this case, it's the reverse). I don't think they'd get expose that much. They'd be a juiced version of the Suns, and we had some trouble against them.
User avatar
miltk
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,358
And1: 362
Joined: Oct 09, 2008

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#26 » by miltk » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:03 pm

i mean really,,,is any player or gm or coach going to ever say "the meeting went terribly bad".
User avatar
SpeedyG
RealGM
Posts: 12,830
And1: 272
Joined: Mar 06, 2003

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#27 » by SpeedyG » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:03 pm

Wolves21 wrote:I don't believe this story for a second,but lets say this does go down,then I would see the rest of the big FA goind down like this.

Knicks-James,Amare,Johnson
Bulls-Wade,Bosh
Nets-Lee,Jefferson
Heat-Boozer
Mavs-Dirk

I don't know if Boozer would still go to the Heat without anyone to play with.But I can't see Pat Riley and company ending up with nothing.If that happend and they were left with Beasley and Chalmers I think Riley and company would have to get fired.Thier's no way he could survive that kind of blow.


How exactly are the Knicks getting three Max guys?
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09

Image
Lakers05
Banned User
Posts: 6,098
And1: 1
Joined: Oct 31, 2005

Re: NY going for 3 max FAs 

Post#28 » by Lakers05 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:04 pm

semi-sentient wrote:
bballcool34 wrote:Yeah, but if Lebron's added to the team---and I doubt all this happens btw--but if it does, that team will be frightening to everyone in the league, even LA.


NY would be more frightened of Bynum/Gasol/Odom than Amare/Bosh/scrub. Amare and Bosh are going to get nothing on the inside, whereas we'll get whatever we want. LeBron and Kobe are going to largely cancel out all things considered, so I don't think LA has to fear that FC. I really don't think that Amare will be as effective because LeBron is simply not a better play-maker than Nash, so he's going to fall off a little.

Anyway, it's not a bad lineup at all, but it doesn't scare me as much as Wade/LeBron/Bosh. Not even close. They would also likely have a very weak bench seeing as how their roster is currently gutted. Who backs up their bigs? Who backs up LeBron? Shooters?

PS: LeBron, Bosh, and Shaq would concern me more than the trio above, that's for sure.


I think you overrate our frontcourt. We could barely handle Amare, imagine now with Bosh and especially Lebron added, they would get in foul trouble very quickly. Lebron not better than Nash at playmaking? I'd say he's twice as dangerous, due to his ability to draw fouls and extremely high stamina.

Bynum would have to be perfectly healthy for us to defend them the way you think, but when will that ever happen.
Legendary 33
Banned User
Posts: 6,391
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: On top of the Central Division

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#29 » by Legendary 33 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:07 pm

too bad lebron won't go to ny. lol
User avatar
blueNorange
RealGM
Posts: 34,371
And1: 1,962
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: Free #COLEWORLD
         

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#30 » by blueNorange » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:07 pm

AmazingJason wrote:
jzmagik wrote:Update: SAS on ESPN 1050 is reporting Knicks are waiting on Lebron's committment. If they have that, then JJ and Amare are signing on with the Knicks, JJ through SnT


Didn't SAS already guarantee the "dream team" to Miami?

he said this in the past 24 hours it's changed. if lebron comes to new york then johnson and amare have agreed to take a paycut.

that is if lebron comes.
Image
empty STAT's plus/minus on the season is -233, he SUCKS!!!
Legendary 33
Banned User
Posts: 6,391
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: On top of the Central Division

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#31 » by Legendary 33 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:14 pm

New York's pitch to LeBron:

Walsh: LeBron, you can't go to Chicago.

LeBron: Why not? Chicago is a world-class city and Derrick Rose is a special talent.

Walsh: What about Jordan's shadow? You'll never be better than him, so why go there and play in his shadow? Come to New York and win one title. One title in New York >>>>>> 8 titles in Chicago.

Dan Toni: MECCA!!
Walsh: MECCA!!
KnicksGod: MECCA!!

LeBron: So you're saying I can't ever be better than Jordan?

Walsh: Okay, forget I said that. What about their penny pinching cheap ass owner who low-balled Pippen?

LeBron: Yeah, I guess you're right..

Walsh: Yup, with that being said LeBron..we're prepared to offer you 11.5 million a year so we can sign some other people. Oh, and don't worry, we'll statistically prove how MEECCCCCAAAAAA will make you the first billionaire athlete. Just do it!

LeBron: So you're saying I'll make less than Eddy Curry?

Walsh: Well, yeah, but don't worry we'll trade his expiring contract for Chris Paul. Imagine having 4 superstars to play with?

LeBron: Who's the 4th superstar? There's Amare, me, Chris..who else?

Walsh: the one and only GREAT Danilo Gallinari

LeBron: Who? :lol: That's it..security!!
User avatar
blueNorange
RealGM
Posts: 34,371
And1: 1,962
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: Free #COLEWORLD
         

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#32 » by blueNorange » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:15 pm

alan hahn said it was pat riley who threw out rumors the knicks presentation didn't impress lebron

anyone surprised??
User avatar
rmed64
Starter
Posts: 2,290
And1: 0
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Location: Amityville, NY

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#33 » by rmed64 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:22 pm

There are many Knick haters around
Legendary 33
Banned User
Posts: 6,391
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: On top of the Central Division

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#34 » by Legendary 33 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:27 pm

:)
User avatar
blueNorange
RealGM
Posts: 34,371
And1: 1,962
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: Free #COLEWORLD
         

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#35 » by blueNorange » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:29 pm

Legendary 33 wrote::)

your post is sort of funny, except the final part. i mean it's not like james didn't acknowledge gallinari and told reporters that he told him to work his upper body strength to help his back because he has potential to be good.
jzmagik
Banned User
Posts: 5,531
And1: 0
Joined: May 06, 2005
Location: NYC

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#36 » by jzmagik » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:31 pm

blueNorange wrote:alan hahn said it was pat riley who threw out rumors the knicks presentation didn't impress lebron

anyone surprised??


That's right up Rile's alley. Only now, it looks like he may get left in the dust.
User avatar
HootieRules
Starter
Posts: 2,405
And1: 4
Joined: Oct 09, 2007

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#37 » by HootieRules » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:34 pm

So JJ and Amare are taking massive paycuts? Or someone is actually going to take back Eddie Curry's dead carcass? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Legendary 33
Banned User
Posts: 6,391
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: On top of the Central Division

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#38 » by Legendary 33 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:36 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Legendary 33 wrote::)

your post is sort of funny, except the final part. i mean it's not like james didn't acknowledge gallinari and told reporters that he told him to work his upper body strength to help his back because he has potential to be good.


Potential to be good? Yes. Potential to be a superstar? Definitely, definitely not. If Gallo was on the Milwaukee Bucks or Memphis Grizzlies, nobody would even mention his name, imo.

He's a good player, but he gets severely overrated.
User avatar
blueNorange
RealGM
Posts: 34,371
And1: 1,962
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: Free #COLEWORLD
         

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#39 » by blueNorange » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:36 pm

HootieRules wrote:So JJ and Amare are taking massive paycuts? Or someone is actually going to take back Eddie Curry's dead carcass? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

well as useless as curry may be, him being an expiring makes him actually valuable ... very valuable to some teams who want to get rid of a contract they don't want anymore.
Image
empty STAT's plus/minus on the season is -233, he SUCKS!!!
User avatar
SpeedyG
RealGM
Posts: 12,830
And1: 272
Joined: Mar 06, 2003

Re: Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#40 » by SpeedyG » Fri Jul 2, 2010 11:47 pm

blueNorange wrote:
HootieRules wrote:So JJ and Amare are taking massive paycuts? Or someone is actually going to take back Eddie Curry's dead carcass? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

well as useless as curry may be, him being an expiring makes him actually valuable ... very valuable to some teams who want to get rid of a contract they don't want anymore.


OOOR...they could just let Joe Johnson go lol. The Knicks aren't getting Joe Johnson without actually compensating the Hawks with something worth of value...to which the Knicks have none except maybe Gallo (if the Hawks decide they want another SF).
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09

Image

Return to The General Board