D'Angelo Russell Believes Alot Of Laker Fans Are Spoiled

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jerep_path
Junior
And1: 194

Re: D'Angelo Russell Believes Alot Of Laker Fans Are Spoiled 

Post#41 » by jerep_path » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:10 am

whitesideformip wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:We went from Kareem to the goat in magic to Shaq and then to kobe who are all top ten players ever imo. Of course we're spoiled but before he starts calling out fans about anything he needs to prove something on the court. No need in getting the fans who will have your back when the rest of the league hates you for being a Laker riled up.

You think Shaq is a top 10 player?

-Jordan
-Magic
-Kareem
-Bird
-Bill Russell
-Kobe
-LeBron
-Wilt
-Hakeem
-Tim Duncan
-Iverson

Those 11 are better than Shaq imo. But then again, those are just our opinions, so to each his own.

IVERSON?! :lol: The guy doesn't even crack Top 30.
TN3LL662
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#42 » by TN3LL662 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:57 am

Mylie10 wrote:He didn't say all Lakers fans, so the title is a bit misleading.

Mitch Kupchak is like the drunk uncle of the family who has control of family money and blows it all on hookers and coke.

Wait what?
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,569

Post#43 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:18 am

whitesideformip wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
whitesideformip wrote:

-Jordan
-Magic
-Kareem
-Bird
-Bill Russell
-Kobe
-LeBron
-Wilt
-Hakeem
-Tim Duncan
-Iverson

Those 11 are better than Shaq imo. But then again, those are just our opinions, so to each his own.

shaq is better, more valuable, more dominant than the players bolded. Right now if Lebron retires, his career isn't better than shaqs either.

How could you possibly say, in your right f***ing mind, that Kareem and Bird aren't better and more valuable than Shaq?? Iverson maybe, Kobe probably not, but Kareem and Bird, no f***ing way. Kareem and Bird revolutionized the game. Shaq was barely a basketball player. Just someone who used his weight to power through every defender and score.

He just used his weight to power through every defender? Have you seen him play, he has some of the best footwork of any big ever yet alone anyone his size. Shaqs top 10, that can't even be argued

In Raptor Ball I Trust
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Post#44 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:26 am

whitesideformip wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
whitesideformip wrote:

-Jordan
-Magic
-Kareem
-Bird
-Bill Russell
-Kobe
-LeBron
-Wilt
-Hakeem
-Tim Duncan
-Iverson

shaq is better, more valuable, more dominant than the players bolded. Right now if Lebron retires, his career isn't better than shaqs either.

How could you possibly say, in your right f***ing mind, that Kareem and Bird aren't better and more valuable than Shaq?? Iverson maybe, Kobe probably not, but Kareem and Bird, no f***ing way. Kareem and Bird revolutionized the game. Shaq was barely a basketball player. Just someone who used his weight to power through every defender and score.

Something tells me that you've never watched Shaq play :noway:
Can't even believe that you have Iverson ahead of Shaq which is a big no-no.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#45 » by mattao313 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:36 am

whitesideformip wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
whitesideformip wrote:

-Jordan
-Magic
-Kareem
-Bird
-Bill Russell
-Kobe
-LeBron
-Wilt
-Hakeem
-Tim Duncan
-Iverson

I mean you can say that about Lebron, it doesn't make him any less of a bball player. And for the record shaq had a good post game.
Championships
young_frogger
Rookie
And1: 965

Post#46 » by young_frogger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:39 am

D'angelo Russell believes a lot of water is wet.
Carry On My Hayward Son
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,528

Post#47 » by 76ciology » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:23 am

Shades of Evan Turner
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#48 » by RingsDontLie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:56 am

I am a big fan of his but he needs to start learning to control what he says. He needs to let his game do the talking and stay out of the press. Yes laker fans are spoiled...we had magic, Kareem. Shaq, and Kobe. All these guys are goats. And I think a good team has fans that expect them to win. Should a team have fans that expect them to win or expect them to lose?
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#49 » by Moonbeam » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:58 am

whitesideformip wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:We went from Kareem to the goat in magic to Shaq and then to kobe who are all top ten players ever imo. Of course we're spoiled but before he starts calling out fans about anything he needs to prove something on the court. No need in getting the fans who will have your back when the rest of the league hates you for being a Laker riled up.

-Jordan
-Magic
-Kareem
-Bird
-Bill Russell
-Kobe
-LeBron
-Wilt
-Hakeem
-Tim Duncan
-Iverson

I can see arguments for most of those guys over Shaq, but Iverson? I can't see any argument for him over Shaq. I don't think he's a top 50 player, let alone top 10.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#50 » by Dominator83 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:10 am

Of course they are. Winning and getting the superstar is all they know. Can't blame them. I'm a Bulls fan and I started watching during the 1st championship season (hey I was only 7 at the time), so as a Bulls fan I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Unfortunately that silver spoon turned to bronze a long time ago.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#51 » by JellosJigglin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:30 am

Of course we're spoiled. Once you've experienced success you become greedy and want it all the time.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#52 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:33 am

EH, I basicly think he's right. He's a young kid, and was excited about how sick a player Tmac was, and a bunch of laker stans got butthurt over it since they love their kobe. The whole thing is stupid. My discussing it on the internet and pointing out how stupid it is is also stupid. I am stupid.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#53 » by tmorgan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:44 am

Shaq could easily have had a top ten career if he gave a flock. He didn't, and he didn't. Actually, he almost did anyway, but he still sold himself short.

Oh... ok... Jordan, KAJ, Wilt, Russell, Bird, Magic, LeBron in five years, Duncan, Kobe (maybe), Garnett (maybe), Hakeem (maybe), Mailman (maybe). I guess I could go as high as 9th, which is really amazing for a guy that didn't bother taking care of himself for the second half of his career.
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#54 » by Jersey Generals » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:18 am

What was the tweet?
jerep_path
Junior
And1: 194

Post#55 » by jerep_path » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:05 am

tmorgan wrote:Shaq could easily have had a top ten career if he gave a flock. He didn't, and he didn't. Actually, he almost did anyway, but he still sold himself short.

Oh... ok... Jordan, KAJ, Wilt, Russell, Bird, Magic, LeBron in five years, Duncan, Kobe (maybe), Garnett (maybe), Hakeem (maybe), Mailman (maybe). I guess I could go as high as 9th, which is really amazing for a guy that didn't bother taking care of himself for the second half of his career.

I'd take Karl Malone out of the list. No way in hell was he a better player than Shaq.
The Realist
Starter
And1: 1,496

Post#56 » by The Realist » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:26 am

whitesideformip a top-10 worst poster in this site?
meh
Purch
Veteran
And1: 2,053

Post#57 » by Purch » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:03 pm

whitesideformip wrote:

-Jordan
-Magic
-Kareem
-Bird
-Bill Russell
-Kobe
-LeBron
-Wilt
-Hakeem
-Tim Duncan
-Iverson

Shaw is easily top 10. The man has 13 seasons over 20/10 on around 52-55% from the filed. Easily better seasons than kobe or iverson. Not to mention he has 6 seasons above 25/10 on the same efficency.

I dont know if we were watching a different Shaq. The Shaq I watched had drop steps, spin moves, baby hooks, a soft touch, and ran the floor hard for easy buckets in transition.

Not to mention Shaq was the most double teamed player in nba history.

And not to mention he was a signficantly better and more efficent playoff performer by a ridicolous margin than Kobe or Allen Iverson.
JLei
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#58 » by JLei » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:19 pm

Guys. You have to remember the Iverson test. If someone thinks he was actually a top 25 player of all time/ ranks him something obscenely high that person's opinion is no longer valid on anything. It's a nice dividing line. If you are an Iverson stan who actually thought he was amazing then there is no point in having a conversation with you.

And I say this as a person who thinks Iverson is a bit underrated on this site.

Kobe stans are harder to deal with because Kobe is actually legit one of the best players of all time. But the Iverson test is absolutely factually clear cut and never wrong :).
Modern Era Fantasy Game Champ! :king:
PG: Ricky Rubio 16
SG: Brandon Roy 09
SF: Danny Green 14
PF: Rasheed Wallace 06
C: Shaquille O'Neal 01

G: George Hill 14
F: Anthony Parker 10
C: Amir Johnson 12
The4thHorseman
General Manager
And1: 4,510

Post#59 » by The4thHorseman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:23 pm

mattao313 wrote:
whitesideformip wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

I mean you can say that about Lebron, it doesn't make him any less of a bball player. And for the record shaq had a good post game.

Uhhhhh.....no you can't. To compare LeBron's game to Shaq's is crazy and also implying that LeBron barely has basketball skills is just as asinine.
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,357

Post#60 » by WiggOuts » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:39 pm

if theyre the spoiled kids, does that make Knicks fans the cool kid that gets embarrassed when the teacher asked them to read in front of the class

Return to The General Board