demeanor/composure when watching nba

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

demeanor/composure when watching nba 

Post#1 » by dballislife » Sat Apr 3, 2010 9:39 pm

Am I normal, when I watch my nba teams, I often yell really loud/swear/and scream at the tv, I've thrown small things like remotes...I know a friend that has smashed his hand on this tv and broke a bone lol...how extreme are you people? any crazy stories?
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Re: demeanor/composure when watching nba 

Post#2 » by carrottop12 » Sat Apr 3, 2010 9:41 pm

I usually sit casually. :blank:
Raptor_Guy
General Manager
And1: 3,053

Post#3 » by Raptor_Guy » Sat Apr 3, 2010 9:50 pm

I am very very animated when watching Raptors game. I think I curse more watching their games more than anything else combined in regular life.

But then again, that's just when I'm alone haha, at games (which I attend a lot) I'm more composed, but still loud.
hijacktheparade
Starter
And1: 4

Post#4 » by hijacktheparade » Sat Apr 3, 2010 10:00 pm

I sit quietly and depressed.
J Smitty
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#5 » by J Smitty » Sat Apr 3, 2010 10:04 pm

I punched a hole in my wall during the playoff series with the Spurs in 2007. Since then I've been pretty chill. Sometimes I'll scream and cuss, but usually I'll just laugh when reffing gets really terrible.

One thing I do is say "travel" out loud, every time someone travels, on either team. It makes me realize how much NBA players get away with it, when I see 20 ever game, and only about 5 are called.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#6 » by High 5 » Sat Apr 3, 2010 10:26 pm

I'm calm and quiet unless a big/exciting play happens. Even when I'm at the game. If you saw me watching a game you'd probably think I was bored out of my mind. Until Horford dunks on Duncan (or a similar play) and I jump out of the chair like someone just got murdered.

I never get mad, though. That's one of the benefits of being an Atlanta fan, you expect failure so you're never disappointed.
wicked_crossova
General Manager
And1: 3,442

Post#7 » by wicked_crossova » Sat Apr 3, 2010 10:27 pm

Bat wrote:I usually sit casually. :blank:

yeah seriously, some of you really need to calm down and realize its just a game...
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#8 » by dballislife » Sun Apr 4, 2010 4:43 pm

wicked_crossova wrote:
Bat wrote:I usually sit casually. :blank:

yeah seriously, some of you really need to calm down and realize its just a game...

not just a game
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
MeestR
Analyst
And1: 429

Post#9 » by MeestR » Sun Apr 4, 2010 4:47 pm

J Smitty wrote:I punched a hole in my wall during the playoff series with the Spurs in 2007. Since then I've been pretty chill. Sometimes I'll scream and cuss, but usually I'll just laugh when reffing gets really terrible.

One thing I do is say "travel" out loud, every time someone travels, on either team. It makes me realize how much NBA players get away with it, when I see 20 ever game, and only about 5 are called.

i do the same thing. but when they call 5, i consider it a good night. usually i only see 1 or maybe 2 called on a normal night.

when my team plays badly, i will turn it off and get on realgm and the sports ticker and keep track of the game that way. im too emotionally invested.

Return to The General Board