Carmelo knocked out during OKC game, JR Smith doesn't care

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Re: Carmelo knocked out during OKC game, JR Smith doesn't care 

Post#101 » by Left Side Drive » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:10 am

Seriously after watching this incident like 8 times, anyone can see that Melo doesn't even move a muscle when JR Smith is driving to the basket. That must be a sign that he was clearly unaware of his surroundings.
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
hourockman
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#102 » by hourockman » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:10 pm

Dear Leader wrote:JR Smith displays his amazing IQ yet again.

He had the ball on offense. He's not going to give it up, c'mon.
Stills12
Lead Assistant
And1: 380

Post#103 » by Stills12 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:45 pm

HootieRules wrote:The OKC announcers brought it up again during the game tonight. They were talking about fining players for flopping. One of the guys said he "wouldn't be against it after the stunt Carmelo Anthony pulled the other night."

Just simply classless... I was shocked when I heard him say that.

:nonono:
i wonder what they would have said if durant was blacked out.... idiots.
Hobo4President
Analyst
And1: 3,185

Post#104 » by Hobo4President » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:55 pm

The guys who are saying he faked it are idiots, he got what is called a stinger, it is where an amount of force is pushed on a nerve in the spine or neck that can lead to things such as paralysis for a few seconds/minutes or blackouts for a few seconds/minutes. This is what happened to Melo, but not the paralysis part. Stingers are recovered from in a matter of minutes and the players is able to return to play almost as soon as the symptoms are relieved, which for Melo was being revived.
So Clutch
Starter
And1: 178

Post#105 » by So Clutch » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Thundestruck wrote:If he didn't fake it, I would have some real concerns if I was a Nuggets fan. If he blacked out during the game he should not have been allowed back three minutes later. I really can't see how any medical staff would allow a player that either got knocked out or blacked out back so quickly.

maybe the reason you can't see why it was dealt with that way was...because you're not a doctor?

Return to The General Board