EC SEMIS: (2) Magic vs. (3) Hawks

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

dawn_wan
Veteran
And1: 612

Re: EC SEMIS: (2) Magic vs. (3) Hawks 

Post#1481 » by dawn_wan » Fri May 7, 2010 6:15 am

Idunkonyou2 wrote:
dawn_wan wrote:2 cents on magic in game 2...
To me Pietrus is the new Ginobili.
Finally a break out game for VC.. how long will it last.?

Finally? VC has looked pretty good since the last game of the Bobcats series. Has been averaging around 22 a game on 48% shooting, 33% 3P, 83% FT.

for a player like vince ppg is phased. game two we saw the total package; passing making plays, breaking down and playing D.. he was a force from the second half horn to the final buzzer. 8-11 2nd half shooting, 11 in the final q, this is the vince that's been mia.
IceNcream27
Senior
And1: 0

Post#1482 » by IceNcream27 » Fri May 7, 2010 6:23 am

Magic are tough. They have great defense with Pietrus Barnes and howard. They got shooters like Pietrus, Carter, Nelson, Lewis, Reddick. All they are missing is that consistent low post offensive threat.
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#1483 » by gino_giode » Fri May 7, 2010 6:43 am

dawn_wan wrote:
Idunkonyou2 wrote:
dawn_wan wrote:2 cents on magic in game 2...
To me Pietrus is the new Ginobili.
Finally a break out game for VC.. how long will it last.?

Finally? VC has looked pretty good since the last game of the Bobcats series. Has been averaging around 22 a game on 48% shooting, 33% 3P, 83% FT.

for a player like vince ppg is phased. game two we saw the total package; passing making plays, breaking down and playing D.. he was a force from the second half horn to the final buzzer. 8-11 2nd half shooting, 11 in the final q, this is the vince that's been mia.

Ummm that's the VC we've seen all season...Which is why the true Magic fans realized he was in a slump during the Bobcats series whereas most casual observers just figured that was how he always played. Difference between this game and last was that the first game was a blowout and though he put up the same number of shots in both games, the first game he didn't really assert himself, which is understandable when the opposing team is losing by 40+, and tonight we were in a dog fight and the lanes opened up for him in the 2nd half and he made big plays.

So I wouldn't say he was mia, he's just not going to look to jack up 20+ shots like guys such as Kobe and LeBron.
Chlorpromazine
Sophomore
And1: 79

Post#1484 » by Chlorpromazine » Fri May 7, 2010 6:44 am

Sothron wrote:Is it really necessary to have a post with tons of large pics in it in a game/series thread?

They are high quality pics and, unlike many posts in this kind of threads, I enjoy them as a neutral fan point of view. Stan giving props is gold.
gino_giode
Head Coach

Post#1485 » by gino_giode » Fri May 7, 2010 6:44 am

IceNcream27 wrote:Magic are tough. They have great defense with Pietrus Barnes and howard. They got shooters like Pietrus, Carter, Nelson, Lewis, Reddick. All they are missing is that consistent low post offensive threat.

WOW.....clap.....clap
Rick45
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#1486 » by Rick45 » Fri May 7, 2010 6:48 am

Rick45 wrote:The Hawks have made it to the second round two years in a row. Two years in a row it looks like they will lose pretty easily. What do the Hawks need to be able to make it further?

A bigger center so Horford could go to his natural PF spot?
gino_giode
Head Coach

Post#1487 » by gino_giode » Fri May 7, 2010 6:51 am

Rick45 wrote:
Rick45 wrote:The Hawks have made it to the second round two years in a row. Two years in a row it looks like they will lose pretty easily. What do the Hawks need to be able to make it further?

A bigger center so Horford could go to his natural PF spot

They could just as easily put Zaza in @ center. The problem with moving Horford to the PF is then you lose Josh's versatility. Josh is a great defender but I don't believe he would be as effective covering faster 3s instead of slower 4s. Plus on offense Josh has the advantage in speed and quickness over his more slow-footed defender.
IceNcream27
Senior

Post#1488 » by IceNcream27 » Fri May 7, 2010 6:55 am

gino_giode wrote:
IceNcream27 wrote:Magic are tough. They have great defense with Pietrus Barnes and howard. They got shooters like Pietrus, Carter, Nelson, Lewis, Reddick. All they are missing is that consistent low post offensive threat.

WOW.....clap.....clap

i know what i wrote.

I still dont consider Dwight anything great on offense. Besides his athletic ability, he hasnt really developed any go to moves or like i said "consistent offensive game" 4th quarter dude is usually ignored by his team. On defense he's a man among boys but on offense.....its still yet to be seen. dude gets called for more offensive fouls down below because he's trying to just use strength instead of finesse. His left handed hook is still in the works. That running hook is eh. When Pau Gasol can give you issues on offense from last years finals......then you know your offense is still raw.

Like i said.....consistent.
golfreak
Rookie
And1: 91

Post#1489 » by golfreak » Fri May 7, 2010 6:59 am

IceNcream27 wrote:
gino_giode wrote:

WOW.....clap.....clap

i know what i wrote.

I still dont consider Dwight anything great on offense. Besides his athletic ability, he hasnt really developed any go to moves or like i said "consistent offensive game" 4th quarter dude is usually ignored by his team. On defense he's a man among boys but on offense.....its still yet to be seen. dude gets called for more offensive fouls down below because he's trying to just use strength instead of finesse. His left handed hook is still in the works. That running hook is eh. When Pau Gasol can give you issues on defense from last years finals......then you know your offense is still raw.

I'm just wondering why Howard gets double team like 90% of the time.
And I wonder why Orlando's shooters get so many open looks.
gino_giode
Head Coach

Post#1490 » by gino_giode » Fri May 7, 2010 7:07 am

IceNcream27 wrote:
gino_giode wrote:

WOW.....clap.....clap

i know what i wrote.

I still dont consider Dwight anything great on offense. Besides his athletic ability, he hasnt really developed any go to moves or like i said "consistent offensive game" 4th quarter dude is usually ignored by his team. On defense he's a man among boys but on offense.....its still yet to be seen. dude gets called for more offensive fouls down below because he's trying to just use strength instead of finesse. His left handed hook is still in the works. That running hook is eh. When Pau Gasol can give you issues on defense from last years finals......then you know your offense is still raw.

First off, you fail to account for all the cheap FLOPPING that defenders pull on Dwight. I don't expect you to believe that just because you, like every sportscaster/analyst will casually say that Dwight NEEDS to get a low post game, which is pure garbage. If you even paid attention to the Magic this season you would know that for the most part Dwight is very consistent. The only times he has problems is against bigger, longer and stronger centers----and I mean, who freakin wouldn't?

Sure if he adds a jumpshot then he would rule the C position for the next decade, but ya, his offense is raw, nobody said it wasn't. But he has made huge strides since last season in terms of his offensive repertoire despite his PPG and FGA going down.

I would rather have a center who can beast inside the paint instead of a pussy finesse guy like Gasol...Just my opiniong though.
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#1491 » by Idunkonyou2 » Fri May 7, 2010 7:11 am

Howard has no low post game, yet he gets doubled on almost every possession he touches the ball. I guess the NBA has no one who can coach then since they are the ones telling their players to double him. That guy with no post game that will put up 30 to 40 on us if we don't.
IceNcream27
Senior

Post#1492 » by IceNcream27 » Fri May 7, 2010 7:23 am

gino_giode wrote:First off, you fail to account for all the cheap FLOPPING that defenders pull on Dwight. I don't expect you to believe that just because you, like every sportscaster/analyst will casually say that Dwight NEEDS to get a low post game, which is pure garbage. If you even paid attention to the Magic this season you would know that for the most part Dwight is very consistent. The only times he has problems is against bigger, longer and stronger centers----and I mean, who freakin wouldn't?

Sure if he adds a jumpshot then he would rule the C position for the next decade, but ya, his offense is raw, nobody said it wasn't. But he has made huge strides since last season in terms of his offensive repertoire despite his PPG and FGA going down.

I would rather have a center who can beast inside the paint instead of a pussy finesse guy like Gasol...Just my opiniong though.

thats funny cuz Gasol ISNT a Center. Also Gasol is one of the best offensive big men in the game today. Dude also gave Team USA a problem in the Olympics. His defense has significantly improve from his memphis days. Yah he might be soft on some nights but for his lack of athleticism, he makes up with basketball smarts and an unlimited offensive repertoire.

But once again. Dude is a PF and like last years finals......Dwight couldnt get through that "pussy finesse guy" named Gasol
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant

Post#1493 » by Idunkonyou2 » Fri May 7, 2010 7:29 am

IceNcream27 wrote:
gino_giode wrote:First off, you fail to account for all the cheap FLOPPING that defenders pull on Dwight. I don't expect you to believe that just because you, like every sportscaster/analyst will casually say that Dwight NEEDS to get a low post game, which is pure garbage. If you even paid attention to the Magic this season you would know that for the most part Dwight is very consistent. The only times he has problems is against bigger, longer and stronger centers----and I mean, who freakin wouldn't?

thats funny cuz Gasol ISNT a Center. Also Gasol is one of the best offensive big men in the game today. Dude also gave Team USA a problem in the Olympics. His defense has significantly improve from his memphis days. Yah he might be soft on some nights but for his lack of athleticism, he makes up with basketball smarts and an unlimited offensive repertoire.

But once again. Dude is a PF and like last years finals......Dwight couldnt get through that "pussy finesse guy" named Gasol

And last year the Magic didn't have Nelson or Carter as their starting back court, otherwise the Lakers would have most likely been swept. Hell they were a few missed FTs and a missed layup away from being down 3-1 in that series and that was with hot garbage Lee and Alston as the starting back court, LOL! Howard is of course improved this year, Carter and Nelson are an upgrade, Barnes is a defensive bull and Lewis is still Cold Blooded. Magic should win the title this year unless they get a major injury that derails them.
IceNcream27
Senior

Post#1494 » by IceNcream27 » Fri May 7, 2010 7:35 am

Idunkonyou2 wrote:
IceNcream27 wrote:

And last year the Magic didn't have Nelson or Carter as their starting back court, otherwise the Lakers would have most likely been swept. Hell they were a few missed FTs and a missed layup away from being down 3-1 in that series and that was with hot garbage Lee and Alston as the starting back court, LOL! Howard is of course improved this year, Carter and Nelson are an upgrade, Barnes is a defensive bull and Lewis is still Cold Blooded. Magic should win the title this year unless they get a major injury that derails them.

Sorry i cant seem to understand your response....All i can make out is

Excuse Excuse Excuse

Shoulda woulda coulda

What if

And then some Nostradamus prediction.

#1 Lakers gotta get past the Jazz then Spurs/Suns. Then we can talk Finals.

#2 Magic gotta get past the Hawks then Cavs/Celtics.... Then we can talk finals.

Tell then all is read is blah blah blah blah blah

BTW: i actually like the Magic. They're the only team i fear out of the East.
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant

Post#1495 » by Idunkonyou2 » Fri May 7, 2010 7:38 am

No Nostradamus prediction. Just playing the numbers. Magic haven't lost a home game since March 14th. Haven't lost a game since April 2nd. Are 39-8 in their last 47, 26-3 in their last 29 and on a 12 game winning streak. To say they are playing the best ball right now would be an understatement. I think it would pretty much take a major injury for them to be derailed from an NBA title, but then again I'm just playing the numbers.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#1496 » by FFBlitzace » Fri May 7, 2010 8:32 am

Thing with Dwight though, despite his suckiness offensively, there aren't many defenders who can physically match him 1-on-1. He's not the most skilled guy in the world, but he sure can dunk if you let him.

It's why you see a guy like Kendrick Perkins consistently giving him problems. Perkins is strong enough to simply stand there and make Dwight actually make a real offensive play.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,474

Post#1497 » by pillwenney » Fri May 7, 2010 8:50 am

Time for a new one.

Return to The General Board