Petition to stop Mark Jackson's horrible catchphrases

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Carlton Banksy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,017

Re: Petition to stop Mark Jackson's horrible catchphrases 

Post#41 » by Carlton Banksy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 pm

I don't mind Mark Jackson & his catchphrases, especially when he's teamed with JVG. Van Gundy is just awesome & they work well together. Jackson on his own is just, well, there. He doesn't add anything to the game or provide any real insight. He's just there.

Like other people said though, Reggie is just horrendous. When I've seen people talk about muting games I've always thought they were just being melodramatic, but OH MY GOD Reggie Miller is horrific. He literally ruins every single great play that happens with him calling it. "WELCOME... TO YOUR KODAK MOMENT... ANDERSON VAREJAO!". What somebody else said about him sounding like a geeky teenager trying to be funny/witty is dead on. I don't know why he still has a job.

And that girl announcer, I don't know her name, but she's just annoying too. People seem to like her, but basically everything she says is some long-winded anecdote. It gets old really quick.
Rendezvous
Banned User
And1: 10

Re: Petition to stop Mark Jackson's horrible catchphrases 

Post#42 » by Rendezvous » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:48 pm

I kinda find him funny.

Return to The General Board