Dirk might consider leaving Dallas?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Dirk might consider leaving Dallas? 

Post#1 » by Smash3 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:02 pm

"I wanted to obviously have a long playoff run here and go for my dream again," Nowitzki said. "And now I'm just obviously too shocked and too disappointed.

"I haven't really thought anything about my future yet. I guess I've got some time now to think about some stuff, think about my options."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... z0mbjP1ino

Sounds like a broken man, 11 years in the league and consecutive 50 win seasons but still no championship. I think he might leave, an ideal fit would be Wade,Dirk,Amare or Yao,Dirk with Rox super role players. But I doubt he would go to Miami after the 06 finals lol
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Re: Dirk might consider leaving Dallas? 

Post#2 » by Chosen01 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Him and Wade would compliment each other so much, but as you said 0% chance he would go to miami.More than likely he stays in Dallas.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#3 » by aboveAverage » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:23 pm

Where is the perfect place for a German player to go?

Milwaukee! Brats, beer, sausage, everything Germans love!

Dirk should make a trip up north:

Jennings
Salmons
Delfino/Draft Pick
Dirk
Bogut

Championship time!
HootieRules
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#4 » by HootieRules » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Wow. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Dallas. I think in the end he stays, but the door is definitely open a crack.

He would be a perfect fit in Chicago. Or if Amare walks, how about a reunion with Nash in Phoenix?
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,187

Post#5 » by tsherkin » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:27 pm

At this point, I feel bad for Dirk... he found a weakness in his game (being guarded by shorter, quicker players), overcame it by turning himself into one of the nastiest mid-post players ever...

And he's surrounded by players who don't step up (or can't) and he's still losing despite putting up really good performances, one after another.

That's got to burn a competitor like Nowitzki.
Bomb_First
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Bomb_First » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:29 pm

aboveAverage wrote:Where is the perfect place for a German player to go?

Jennings
Salmons
Delfino/Draft Pick
Dirk
Bogut

Championship time!

Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,092

Post#7 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:31 pm

Its hard to see him leaving Dallas, because he'd have to go to a team with a clearly better core, but I don't know that there is one that has max capspace out there.

Imagine if LeBron went down, and him and Dirk teamed up in New York... that would be SICK.
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#8 » by Niko23 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Like Barkley said, No way he opts out of $21,000,000 dollars
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#9 » by ljp24 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:38 pm

tsherkin wrote:At this point, I feel bad for Dirk... he found a weakness in his game (being guarded by shorter, quicker players), overcame it by turning himself into one of the nastiest mid-post players ever...

And he's surrounded by players who don't step up (or can't) and he's still losing despite putting up really good performances, one after another.

Revisionist history 101

KG would've won a ring or two with the teams Dallas has put up during the 2000s.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,092

Post#10 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:42 pm

ljp24 wrote:
tsherkin wrote:At this point, I feel bad for Dirk... he found a weakness in his game (being guarded by shorter, quicker players), overcame it by turning himself into one of the nastiest mid-post players ever...

Revisionist history 101

KG would've won a ring or two with the teams Dallas has put up during the 2000s.

Dirk has always been surrounded by a lot of 3rd/4th option caliber players, but who is the best teammate he ever played with? I'd argue it was Steve Nash, and that was when he had some of his best playoff success other than the 2006 Finals run, not to mention it was before Nash went nuts as a player.

Otherwise, who is it? Josh Howard? Jason Terry? OLD Jason Kidd? Older Caron Butler?
HootieRules
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#11 » by HootieRules » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:44 pm

ljp24 wrote:

Revisionist history 101

No.
667Club
Bench Warmer

Post#12 » by 667Club » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Bomb_First wrote:
aboveAverage wrote:Where is the perfect place for a German player to go?

Jennings
Salmons
Delfino/Draft Pick
Dirk
Bogut

Championship time!

Dejuan Blair played for the bucks ?
667Club
Bench Warmer

Post#13 » by 667Club » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Niko23 wrote:Like Barkley said, No way he opts out of $21,000,000 dollars

What ? Dirk is a Max player..
Bomb_First
Banned User

Post#14 » by Bomb_First » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:48 pm

ljp24 wrote:

Revisionist history 101

:lol:
Smash3
RealGM

Post#15 » by Smash3 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
ljp24 wrote:

Revisionist history 101

Maybe, maybe not.
Smash3
RealGM

Post#16 » by Smash3 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:50 pm

Niko23 wrote:Like Barkley said, No way he opts out of $21,000,000 dollars

Yeah because he can't get a lengthy contract that would make up for the losses :roll:. What people don't think about is that if he plays another year he might show he is on a decline or is not as good as earlier. Right now his stocks are high, he showed he can compete at a high caliber, great play off numbers and regular season.
seejaydeja
Lead Assistant
And1: 53

Post#17 » by seejaydeja » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:50 pm

Dirk has a player option for 21 MILLION DOLLARS next year...I highly doubt he opts out and risks making less than that.
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#18 » by TAI8 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:00 pm

As long as Jason Kidd is in Dallas Dirk won't win squat...

Seriously what was the reasoning behind trading Devin Harris for Kidd? One of the dumbest trades in recent memory...
YaoisGodsAnswer
Senior

Post#19 » by YaoisGodsAnswer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Dirk as much as i hate him, he is a elite scorer. Hit hits his 3s, hots contested 14 footers with a defender on his nuts. There has a to be a point in your career where you have to decide whether leaving a 20mil year and still get a 1st round playoff exit or to a contending team that will win the championship next year.

THe only teams i see that would win a championship for sure with him would be: Orlando, Cleveland, or Rockets. ahha
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#20 » by Banks2Pierce » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:07 pm

seejaydeja wrote:Dirk has a player option for 21 MILLION DOLLARS next year...I highly doubt he opts out and risks making less than that.

I'm sick and tired of people saying this. He is not Jermaine O'Neal or something. He is still playing at a max contract level. You opt out every day of the week and twice on Sunday if you are still a great player and there is a new CBA looming. If he busted his knee next year, it's conceivable that could cost him 50 million, instead of 21 million.

Return to The General Board