Substitue Smush for Fisher..

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

FinalsMVP
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Substitue Smush for Fisher.. 

Post#21 » by FinalsMVP » Sat May 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Dezmondballins3 wrote:if they had Smush they might not of won the championship last year that shot by fisher in the finals changed everything. Fisher is so clutch Smush isn't so i say not as far.

It did. But if Smush was there, someone else would probably have shot the ball...namely Kobe or Ariza.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,788

Post#22 » by RoyceDa59 » Sat May 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Fisher may not be a great defender or penetrator, but every time I watch the Lakers play during an intense, close playoff game where the crowd is up for grabs, Fisher always nails a dagger 3 and the Lakers go on to win the game (and subsequently the series). Fisher is one of the most influential leaders in the league and although his athleticism has diminished, comparing his effectiveness to that of Smush Parker is unjust to the 4 time NBA champion.
Go Raps!!
kvash37
Pro Prospect
And1: 367

Post#23 » by kvash37 » Sat May 22, 2010 4:57 pm

Putting these two guys in the same sentence is embarassing. Derek Fisher has gotten the absolute most out of his natural ability, even now he still has a knack for the big play. Smush is the complete opposite. 6-4 with a 6-10 wingspan, great athletic ability and solid handles. He had great defensive potential. All ruined because of a bad attitude and obvious lack of dedication. Making a Fisher for Smush swap would hurt more than some would think.
chubby_1_kenobi
Starter
And1: 20

Post#24 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Sat May 22, 2010 5:20 pm

Smush Parker is too cool for defense. There's not one moment where I can recall Parker making effort to fight through a screen instead he always went under it and even worse he always wanted to switch, leaving the big man on the perimeter and him guarding dudes twice his size. Numbskull!

The moron spent hours making sure his dreadlocks looked good on TV while the rest of his teammates arrived early to work on their shots.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#25 » by iamworthy » Sat May 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#26 » by Jase » Sat May 22, 2010 6:36 pm

doozyj wrote:Smush is a complete piece of ****. Shouldn't have been in the NBA in the first place, stick to pick up games you selfish prick.

+1
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
spudwebb
Sixth Man
And1: 2,195

Post#27 » by spudwebb » Sat May 22, 2010 6:38 pm

I think carrying the Lakers to the playoffs two years in a row with Smush as a starter is the most impressive feat I've seen from a star player in a while.

I thinking carrying that team with Derek Fisher instead of Smush would be more impressive.

Smush averaged:
11 ppg, 3.7 apg, 3.4 rpg on 45% shooting in 2005/06
11 ppg, 2.8 apg, 2.5 rpg, on 44% shooting in 2006/07

Fisher averaged:
13.3 ppg, 4.3 apg, 3.3 rpg on 41% shooting in 2005/06
10.1 ppg, 3.3 apg, 1.9 rpg on 38% shooting in 2006/07

Fisher is one of the greatest con artists the game has ever seen. He's always been a garbage brick artist extraordinaire. A point guard that has zero court vision, that can't defend, and can't shoot. His tenure at Golden State was a epic failure, his tenure at Utah was a epic failure (note the 38% shooting) and in LA hee hurts the Lakers practically all year long, all game long in most games, brick after brick, then once in awhile he will hit some clutch shots and Lakers fans will have amnesia about how horrendous he's been the whole game or the season and praise Fisher as clutch.
pewing33ny
Rookie
And1: 184

Post#28 » by pewing33ny » Sat May 22, 2010 6:42 pm

they probably would beat the celtics in 5 in 08, swept the magic last year and been about the same this year.

smush is severely underrated on these boards
2016 predictions

GSW Clippers OKC Spurs Cleveland Hawks Miami Toronto
GSW Spurs Cleveland Miami
GSW Cleveland

Cavs 2016 champs
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#29 » by Asianiac_24 » Sat May 22, 2010 6:45 pm

Subsitute Smush for Fisher, and the Lakers beat the Suns in 06. Smush was AS BAD defensively as Fisher now, way worse at shooting, decision making, moving without the ball, etc. Thats not get into the intangibles, because Fisher blows Smush right out of the water in that comparison.
Asianiac_24
General Manager

Post#30 » by Asianiac_24 » Sat May 22, 2010 6:49 pm

spudwebb wrote:
I think carrying the Lakers to the playoffs two years in a row with Smush as a starter is the most impressive feat I've seen from a star player in a while.

I thinking carrying that team with Derek Fisher instead of Smush would be more impressive.

Smush averaged:
11 ppg, 3.7 apg, 3.4 rpg on 45% shooting in 2005/06
11 ppg, 2.8 apg, 2.5 rpg, on 44% shooting in 2006/07

Fisher averaged:
13.3 ppg, 4.3 apg, 3.3 rpg on 41% shooting in 2005/06
10.1 ppg, 3.3 apg, 1.9 rpg on 38% shooting in 2006/07

Fisher is one of the greatest con artists the game has ever seen. He's always been a garbage brick artist extraordinaire. A point guard that has zero court vision, that can't defend, and can't shoot. His tenure at Golden State was a epic failure, his tenure at Utah was a epic failure (note the 38% shooting) and in LA hee hurts the Lakers practically all year long, all game long in most games, brick after brick, then once in awhile he will hit some clutch shots and Lakers fans will have amnesia about how horrendous he's been the whole game or the season and praise Fisher as clutch.

Except in those two years, Smush had Kobe to create for him, while Fisher had no one. And your description of a poor point guard fits perfectly to Smush.

Zero court vision, check.
Can't defend, check.
Can't shoot, big check.

At least Fisher could shoot 3s, Smush can't do anything, not to mention his cancerous attitude
Asianiac_24
General Manager

Post#31 » by Asianiac_24 » Sat May 22, 2010 6:51 pm

pewing33ny wrote:they probably would beat the celtics in 5 in 08, swept the magic last year and been about the same this year.

smush is severely underrated on these boards

Then you probably never watched Smush play. If we subsitute Smush for Fish, we don't get past the Jazz in the second round in 08, lose to the Nuggets in 09, and be about the same this year.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,473

Post#32 » by Doctor MJ » Sat May 22, 2010 6:53 pm

doozyj wrote:Smush is a complete piece of ****. Shouldn't have been in the NBA in the first place, stick to pick up games you selfish prick.

Something I will say though is that the hatred toward Smush is a bit out of control. I say "hatred" here not "hate". Fine to hate on his game, but it's not like Smush is a Marbury type player with enormous talent that he never lives up to because he's too selfish. Smush went to freaking Fordham for goodness sake. Do you know how many Fordham players have made the NBA in the last 30 years? 2, and the other guy was just up for a cup of coffee. Nobody should have expected greatness from him, and it's not his fault that Phil Jackson decided to make him a starter.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
IceNcream27
Senior

Post#33 » by IceNcream27 » Sat May 22, 2010 6:55 pm

RealRip32 wrote:
UssjTrunks wrote:Doesn't make a difference, both are scrubs.

except fisher was crucial in the finals last year.
do u think smush would have done the same?

He was also crucial against Deron Williams against the Jazz and has been playing excellent defense against Steve Nash
dalekjazz
Sixth Man
And1: 2
Location: Karl Malone Quote: "Anybody not wearing a Utah Jazz jersey is the enemy."

Post#34 » by dalekjazz » Sat May 22, 2010 10:21 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:

Something I will say though is that the hatred toward Smush is a bit out of control. I say "hatred" here not "hate". Fine to hate on his game, but it's not like Smush is a Marbury type player with enormous talent that he never lives up to because he's too selfish. Smush went to freaking Fordham for goodness sake. Do you know how many Fordham players have made the NBA in the last 30 years? 2, and the other guy was just up for a cup of coffee. Nobody should have expected greatness from him, and it's not his fault that Phil Jackson decided to make him a starter.

Dan O'Sullivan, a center who played for the Jazz in the early 1990's
RealRip32
Pro Prospect

Post#35 » by RealRip32 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:25 pm

IceNcream27 wrote:
RealRip32 wrote:
UssjTrunks wrote:Doesn't make a difference, both are scrubs.

except fisher was crucial in the finals last year.
do u think smush would have done the same?

He was also crucial against Deron Williams against the Jazz and has been playing excellent defense against Steve Nash

yeah man,i just take the most recent and famous example.

he's also doing good trapping stoudumbire with charges :lol:
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#36 » by Patterns » Sat May 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Smush was a super massive blackhole on offense and defense. Fisher is just a blackhole.
NYK 455
General Manager
And1: 161

Post#37 » by NYK 455 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:28 am

Fisher makes a ton of clutch plays for LA that Smush would not make. They would be worse with Smush.

Return to The General Board